Gates Foundation admits Common Core was a mistake

Instead of CRYING, WHINING, and throwing your little HISSY fits,
I know you don't realize this being an ignorant liberal who doesn't understand the structure of U.S. government and having never read the U.S. Constitution - but - it is not only my right to speak up ("whining", "crying", or anything else you want to call it), it is my responsibility as a U.S. citizen. I also realize that liberals have no concept of "responsibility" since they mooch of society/government, so I don't expect you to understand any of this.
surrender your earning potential, take a pittance salary, become a teacher, take the blame and help fix things.
Astounding ignorance - even by liberal standards. The national average for salary is around $40,000. Most teachers I know make between $70,000 and $80,000 for less than part time work. That means they earn 4x's the national average if you do the math, stupid (double the salary while working half of the hours).
Otherwise quit your cry baby garbage. You don't like common core that's fine. Since you are a whiny widdle expert, tell us all what is to be done to fix everything.
I've told you moron's over a thousand times now. It's so simple, only a liberal can't understand it. Restore Constitutional government. Boom! All problems solved instantly.

Anything else you need me to educate you on? I'm glad to help!

40 grand? Chump change...for a college degree that aint squat. if teaching is so lucrative then become one. Conservatives brag about not being envious....sounds like you arent following that. If you judge by the hour then 99 percent of ceos make about 1000 dollars per hour since their work schedules are not all that overwhelming.. Yes constitutional gov't that's fine. That'll fix it. BTW I am voting for trump. That makes me a liberal in your eyes.

Armchair quarterbacks who claim to know the quick fix are a penny a gross. You need to fix the family structure first.

Similarly, corporations and their representatives have become involved in influencing education policy at local, state, and federal levels, in their pursuit of employees who possess the skills and knowledge needed by a productive workforce.

I thought you hated corporate welfare??? Corporations can pay to train their own employees for what they need. Microsoft certainly could with their $4 billion "war chest".
I do, yet I am not in a position to deny them........The corporations want what they want....One thing they don't want is to have to train employees...CEO's have decided they need more stock options and large amounts of cash for what they don't do.....
Well stop supporting liberal insanity and the CEO's will have no choice but to use more and more of that cash and stock options for training their people.

40 grand? Chump change...for a college degree that aint squat. if teaching is so lucrative then become one. Conservatives brag about not being envious....sounds like you arent following that. If you judge by the hour then 99 percent of ceos make about 1000 dollars per hour since their work schedules are not all that overwhelming.. Yes constitutional gov't that's fine. That'll fix it. BTW I am voting for trump. That makes me a liberal in your eyes.
Both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs averaged over 16 hours per day, genius. The average CEO will put in more hours in two months than a teacher will all year.

It's anti-CEO comments like that which make you a liberal. Plus...Trump is a die-hard liberal. Spent his entire life as a Democrat and made the maximum campaign contributions allowable to both Hitlery Clinton and Harry Reid. So voting for him to "prove" you "conservative" credentials doesn't impress me in the least.

Similarly, corporations and their representatives have become involved in influencing education policy at local, state, and federal levels, in their pursuit of employees who possess the skills and knowledge needed by a productive workforce.

I thought you hated corporate welfare??? Corporations can pay to train their own employees for what they need. Microsoft certainly could with their $4 billion "war chest".
I do, yet I am not in a position to deny them........The corporations want what they want....One thing they don't want is to have to train employees...CEO's have decided they need more stock options and large amounts of cash for what they don't do.....
Well stop supporting liberal insanity and the CEO's will have no choice but to use more and more of that cash and stock options for training their people.
It does not have a damn thing to do with liberal political philosophy..It has everything to do with money influencing political leaders.....Which is why they need to stop letting politicians get huge donations when getting elected....And monied lobbyist need a better leash...

Both Bill Gates and Steve Jobs averaged over 16 hours per day, genius. The average CEO will put in more hours in two months than a teacher will all year.

It's anti-CEO comments like that which make you a liberal. Plus...Trump is a die-hard liberal. Spent his entire life as a Democrat and made the maximum campaign contributions allowable to both Hitlery Clinton and Harry Reid. So voting for him to "prove" you "conservative" credentials doesn't impress me in the least.
I used to work 16 hour days, 7 days a week to support my family, yet I did it without huge payments or screwing my employees..or students, or taxpayers..

Armchair quarterbacks who claim to know the quick fix are a penny a gross. You need to fix the family structure first.
While fixing the family structure would be the biggest solution, it's also impossible. In America, people are free to be idiots. And that includes awful parents.

The only thing we can control is demanding and restoring Constitutional government. Once the federal government has their nose out of education, things will drastically improve.

So who are you voting for? My point is that teachers are your scapegoat. They aren't to blame. Most of them are good. What needs to change is the people who want more testing and directives....they have no clue. I couldn't teach. Pay stinks and have to put up with parents for that pittance. Its a miracle anyone wants that job.

I guess I agree with you. Let the States decide. But for sure less testing and wasting our time with that. Put that money in the schools.

It does not have a damn thing to do with liberal political philosophy..It has everything to do with money influencing political leaders.....Which is why they need to stop letting politicians get huge donations when getting elected....And monied lobbyist need a better leash...
It's Dumbocrats in Washington supporting Common Core, chief. It was Jimmy Carter who unconstitutionally created the Department of Education.

So who are you voting for? My point is that teachers are your scapegoat. They aren't to blame. Most of them are good. What needs to change is the people who want more testing and directives....they have no clue. I couldn't teach. Pay stinks and have to put up with parents for that pittance. Its a miracle anyone wants that job.
Dude....I'm not blaming teaches at all. I love teachers. 99% do a great job and really care about helping young people.

I bashed Common Core. And I simply disagreed with you about salaries.

I guess I agree with you. Let the States decide. But for sure less testing and wasting our time with that. Put that money in the schools.
The only people deciding curriculum should be the state, the local school board, and the parents.

Not the federal government. Not corporations. Not wealthy idealistic billionaires who have no concept of the U.S. Constitution.

So who are you voting for?

I'm not. I refuse to put Donald Trump in the White House and Hitlery Clinton is an absolute nightmare. And the truth is - there is no point in wasting my time casting a vote for Gary Johnson as anyone not in the two major parties has absolutely no chance of winning.

The only people deciding curriculum should be the state, the local school board, and the parents.

Not the federal government. Not corporations. Not wealthy idealistic billionaires who have no concept of the U.S. Constitution.

Oh, you mean like Common Core?

Chris Christie was for it before he was against it. So, for that matter, was Mike Huckabee. When the Common Core education standards were introduced in 2009 by the governors and school superintendents of 46 states, most of the would-be Republican nominees for president were for this voluntary approach to kids’ education. In 2013, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal lauded the program, but a little over a year later, he was comparing it to Stalinism: “Let’s face it: Centralized planning didn’t work in Russia, it’s not working with our health care system, and it won’t work in education.”

Christie’s flip-flop was equally acrobatic. “We’re doing Common Core in New Jersey, and we are going to continue,” he thundered in 2013. By 2015, he was thundering against Common Core. “We need to take [education] out of the cubicles of Washington, D.C., where it was placed by the Obama administration, and return it to the neighborhoods of New Jersey.”

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/10/09/how-republicans-turned-common-core-377346.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need to educate our kids for the jobs of tomorrow. Our educational system was not up to that task, and a radical overhaul was needed.

Agreed, but Comom Core is not the answer
it may not be the answer, but it was/is a step in the right direction.

and this thread just goes to prove that it's better than even money that any thread started about common core will be based on a lie

so the only people that should be deciding curriculum are the people deciding the curriculum.

good thinking, sparky

Oh, you mean like Common Core?

Chris Christie was for it before he was against it. So, for that matter, was Mike Huckabee. When the Common Core education standards were introduced in 2009 by the governors and school superintendents of 46 states, most of the would-be Republican nominees for president were for this voluntary approach to kids’ education. In 2013, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal lauded the program, but a little over a year later, he was comparing it to Stalinism: “Let’s face it: Centralized planning didn’t work in Russia, it’s not working with our health care system, and it won’t work in education.”

Christie’s flip-flop was equally acrobatic. “We’re doing Common Core in New Jersey, and we are going to continue,” he thundered in 2013. By 2015, he was thundering against Common Core. “We need to take [education] out of the cubicles of Washington, D.C., where it was placed by the Obama administration, and return it to the neighborhoods of New Jersey.”

http://www.newsweek.com/2015/10/09/how-republicans-turned-common-core-377346.html

I'm not sure I understand your point here. You're citing RINO's who support Common Core....why?

so the only people that should be deciding curriculum are the people deciding the curriculum.

good thinking, sparky
Common Core was designed by Bill Gates and is pushed by the federal government, jack-ass. The fact that you don't even know that much is fall down hilarious.

If local school boards were setting the curriculum genius, it wouldn't be common at all because each of them would have their own standards. :eusa_doh:

We need to educate our kids for the jobs of tomorrow. Our educational system was not up to that task, and a radical overhaul was needed.

Agreed, but Comom Core is not the answer
it may not be the answer, but it was/is a step in the right direction.

It was a "step in the right direction".....why? Because you're so incapable of being an adult and making your own decisions that you need the federal government to do it for you?

Please articulate for us why this was a "step in the right direction". I noticed you conveniently left that out in your post.

Forum List

Back