Gates agrees to meet Obama and Sgt. at WH

facepalm.jpg

But I thought the promise was that once we elect a black man president, blacks will quit bitching and race relations will go smoothly.

What gives?

Does anyone else think it's funny that if any two people were primed for a multiracial encounter to go well, it would be an officer trained in "racial profiling" and a professor of "racism in America"? I mean, THE CONDITIONS COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE PERFECT, right? And right in the middle of liberal Cambridge?

And look... it blows up totally.

Blacks are as hot and mad as if Emmett Till had been killed all over again!

The lesson is this: it doesn't matter who's president. It doesn't matter who's got what "diversity training". RACES JUST DON'T GET ALONG. We need to admit this and work toward separation.

That is, no, we can't all "just get along."

SO WHAT?

If something won't ever work, why not MOVE ON?

Can we change the course of the stupid, constipated race narrative in America, PLEASE?

Last edited:
But I thought the promise was that once we elect a black man president, blacks will quit bitching and race relations will go smoothly.

What gives?

Does anyone else think it's funny that if any two people were primed for a multiracial encounter to go well, it would be an officer trained in "racial profiling" and a professor of "racism in America." The conditions couldn't be any more perfect, right? And right in the middle of liberal Cambridge?

The lesson is this: it doesn't matter who's president. It doesn't matter who's got what "diversity training". RACES JUST DON'T GET ALONG. We need to admit this and work toward separation.

It wasn't about race, it was about both their bloated egos.

By the way, you forgot to yell White Power at the end of your post.

You forgot to yell "death to whites" at the end of your post. Guess we all have our perspectives, eh?

Nobody would have to yell "white power" or "black power" or anything else if we separated the races. "White power" is a yell that comes out when whites realize THEY DON'T HAVE ANY.

Last edited:

Ah, no.

You're prolly getting that confused with a statement you heard at a klan meeting. Prolly something along the lines of, "now that we gots a ****** president the rest of them ther' ******* better be quitin' ther' bitchin' 'bout race relations."

You forgot to yell "death to whites" at the end of your post. Guess we all have our perspectives, eh?

Nobody would have to yell "white power" or "black power" or anything else if we separated the races. "White power" is a yell that comes out when whites realize THEY DON'T HAVE ANY.

I'm white too you know. It's ignorance to blame this situation on simply race and not the factors involved.

The only time I've heard White Power being yelled is by the KKK at their Klan rallies, probably thinking they don't got the power again until all the non-Whites that are exactly like them are dead or slaves.

Ah, no.

You're prolly getting that confused with a statement you heard at a klan meeting. Prolly something along the lines of, "now that we gots a ****** president the rest of them ther' ******* better be quitin' ther' bitchin' 'bout race relations."

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Article 15 again.
:lol:

You hit the nail on the head there Article.

What gives?

Does anyone else think it's funny that if any two people were primed for a multiracial encounter to go well, it would be an officer trained in "racial profiling" and a professor of "racism in America." The conditions couldn't be any more perfect, right? And right in the middle of liberal Cambridge?

It wasn't about race, it was about both their bloated egos.

oh for sure,, that's why Gates screamed "this is what happens to black men in America." shades of rev. bullfrog. Nice damn try though!

I predicted Gates would be first to accept.

I think it's mostly an olive branch but I do think Gates has more to lose by letting the idea that he might be the racist continue to grow than the officer does. He's the respected world renowned intellectual whose reputation as a fair minded man is in jeopardy. People seem to be be generally complacent about the notion that police officers could be racist.

I don't think either is racist but people do react stupidly in some situations.

On the other hand, if the officer admits to any wrongdoing, he could be putting himself in even more legal jeopardy.

It's going to take some complicated diplomacy to get this thing to happen.

I think it's mostly an olive branch but I do think Gates has more to lose by letting the idea that he might be the racist continue to grow than the officer does. He's the respected world renowned intellectual whose reputation as a fair minded man is in jeopardy. People seem to be be generally complacent about the notion that police officers could be racist.

On the other hand, if the officer admits to any wrongdoing, he could be putting himself in even more legal jeopardy.

and you were wrong. crowley accepted when he was on the phone with obama, yesterday. gates will be lucky not to be sued by crowley for defamation of character.

good effort, though.

There's that word again. This thing has been blown completely out of proportion. You would think this is Middle East negotiations. "Can we all just get along?" A better refrain may be, "Can't we all just let this thing go away?"

There's that word again. This thing has been blown completely out of proportion. You would think this is Middle East negotiations. "Can we all just get along?" A better refrain may be, "Can't we all just let this thing go away?"

Yeah, the President of the US throws gasoline on a fire, that makes the fire go out.
Oops, no it doesn't.

I'm white too you know.

And Michael Jackson was black.

It's ignorance to blame this situation on simply race and not the factors involved.

Yeah. Those "other factors" pretty much explain why this is a national story.

The only time I've heard White Power being yelled is by the KKK at their Klan rallies, probably thinking they don't got the power again until all the non-Whites that are exactly like them are dead or slaves.

Right, because I'm sure you'd say the same of yells of 'black power' or 'Chicano power.' Whites must either be slaves or slavemasters, in your small-brain world. Think there might be something in between?

Ah, no.

Ah, yes.

You're prolly forgetting a sentiment that went through every white Obama voter's head, something along the lines of "I'm so happy to have the opportunity to vote for a black man! It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and not such a bad evil white person like the media tells me I am. I certainly hope this improves race relations."

It amounts to the same thing. Klan rally, Obama rally for whites... the white brain wave tracks pretty consistently, A15. It's just a difference in manifestation. Malcolm X could have told you that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back