Gasp a Depression?

HI there! I am hoping that some of you can shed some light on the situation out here in good old sunny southern California. First off I want to start off by saying that we are in a depression, period end of story. I am in the epicenter of the housing crisis. Massive amounts of people I know can’t get work or are laid off, cities are turning into ghosts towns, I’m paying $5 for bread, and everything is going up up up in price! If that wasn't worse enough the media is spoon feeding a bunch of happy feel good economy crap. Despite all the stuff going on out here in good old CA everyone I know tells me I am a conspiracy theorist for believing we are in a Depression. This is to include my own husband. They say this is what happened in the 70s and I should not worry my pretty little head. What gives? I am not one to jump on the band wagon but I am seeing it with my very own eyes. I see it coming, like a wave off in the distance…and it is big! Huge even and everyone else is just averting their eyes to it. Why? Why? Why? Why? :eek:

It's not a depression, but keep your eye on the media.
A year ago, the media was all doom and gloom about the unemployment rate under the Bush administration. What you are witnessing now is that same media saying it's good news that the "increase" in unemployment is slowing down, despite the fact that after all this stimulus bullcrap the unemployment rate continues to rise. Remember when the crisis was so bad that if we didn't pass the stimulus bill that unemployment would reach 9%? Hello, it was passed and guess what? Unemployment still got there. The difference now is how the media reports it, since it's their chosen one in charge now.

YOU have to be the world's biggest fuggin pretend idiot. I keep on tellin you that the Government numbers are totally bogus and you keep on pointing back to the numbers as if they are GOD Almighty.[/qutoe]You're right...why am I wasting my time when you don't even try to understand what the numbers actually mean? But in any case, you can claim the numbers are bogus, but you never present any evidence except a complete misunderstanding of what the numbers are.

Listen, When the Unemployment Claims add up to almost 3 million in a month and the DOL is saying that only 600,000 were added to the unemployment rolls, you know that Federal Data is a crock of shit.
Ok, let's stop here, because I'm honestly trying to figure out your logic (because it seems completely unrelated to what the numbers actually represent).

UI Claims for the period between the May and June surveys are approx 3.1 million. What do you think the change in Employment and the change in Unemployment would be if they were not "a crock of shit?" Because it really sounds like you think Employment should go down 3.1 million and Unemployment up 3.1 million. Which is just odd.

Last edited:
YOU have to be the world's biggest fuggin pretend idiot. I keep on tellin you that the Government numbers are totally bogus and you keep on pointing back to the numbers as if they are GOD Almighty.[/qutoe]You're right...why am I wasting my time when you don't even try to understand what the numbers actually mean? But in any case, you can claim the numbers are bogus, but you never present any evidence except a complete misunderstanding of what the numbers are.

Listen, When the Unemployment Claims add up to almost 3 million in a month and the DOL is saying that only 600,000 were added to the unemployment rolls, you know that Federal Data is a crock of shit.
Ok, let's stop here, because I'm honestly trying to figure out your logic (because it seems completely unrelated to what the numbers actually represent).

UI Claims for the period between the May and June surveys are approx 3.1 million. What do you think the change in Employment and the change in Unemployment would be if they were not "a crock of shit?" Because it really sounds like you think Employment should go down 3.1 million and Unemployment up 3.1 million. Which is just odd.

You keep on making up crazy shit and pretend that is what I believe. Read my posts and stop making up your none sensical Badinage. I do not believe the Federal Numbers and I do not accept the outrageous Federal Lies. The US Labor Department is the Federal Disinformation Department. That is the new found reality.

Forum List

Back