CDZ Gaslighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
Donald John Trump is quite a showman, he loudly claims he going to do something and then doesn't do it. But his fans hear the claim not realizing it wasn't going to happen anyway. The biggest con was Mexico paying for the wall, even now he claims they are paying in other ways. Anyone see that 'great great heathcare'? Or cheap meds? Are his followers naive, does it really matter. If he is caught making things up he simply blames Hillary or Obama. Yes, that still works. It is rumored Trump's loyal sycophant in gaslighting Brad Parscale* even calls him kemosabe. Truth be damned if the pay is right. Now that election season is upon us he is promising and doing all sort of unreal things. No, he doesn't just toss paper towels or hurt needy children, like some narcissistic child he is continuing to make the universe great again. It is fascinating to watch, will it work a second time? Hard to say. The rich and the polluters are betting it does, oh, and supporting that it does too.

Lots of info about our gaslighter in chief for the interested reader below, check out a piece or two.

'The president wants the nation to reject their direct experience of reality.'
Trump Is Gaslighting America Again — Here’s How to Fight It

'Donald Trump is a classic gaslighter in an abusive relationship with America'
Donald Trump is a classic gaslighter in an abusive relationship with America

'Trump is gaslighting America — here's how to survive'
Trump is gaslighting America — here's how to survive

'Lies, bulls**t and gaslighting: A field guide to Trump's reality-warping mendacity'
Lies, bulls**t and gaslighting: A field guide to Trump's reality-warping mendacity

'You Were Gaslighted Last Night At Trump's State Of The Union'
You Were Gaslighted Last Night At Trump's State Of The Union

'5 Gaslighting Phrases Donald Trump Used That Remind Me a Lot of My Abusive Ex'
5 Gaslighting Phrases Donald Trump Used That Remind Me a Lot of My Abusive Ex

'Gaslighting: What it Is & How to Tell if You Are Being Gaslit'
Gaslighting: What it Is and How to Tell if You Have it Going On in Your Relationship

And odd example below, gaslighting so obvious but to Trump's believers real.
FACT CHECK: Did Trump's 2020 Campaign Publish a Heavily Slanted 'Trump vs Democrat' Poll?

"At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols." Aldous Huxley

*Brad Parscale - Wikipedia

Donald John Trump is quite a showman, he loudly claims he going to do something and then doesn't do it. But his fans hear the claim not realizing it wasn't going to happen anyway. The biggest con was Mexico paying for the wall, even now he claims they are paying in other ways. Anyone see that 'great great heathcare'? Or cheap meds? Are his followers naive, does it really matter. If he is caught making things up he simply blames Hillary or Obama. Yes, that still works. It is rumored Trump's loyal sycophant in gaslighting Brad Parscale* even calls him kemosabe. Truth be damned if the pay is right. Now that election season is upon us he is promising and doing all sort of unreal things. No, he doesn't just toss paper towels or hurt needy children, like some narcissistic child he is continuing to make the universe great again. It is fascinating to watch, will it work a second time? Hard to say. The rich and the polluters are betting it does, oh, and supporting that it does too.

Lots of info about our gaslighter in chief for the interested reader below, check out a piece or two.

'Lies, bulls**t and gaslighting: A field guide to Trump's reality-warping mendacity'
Lies, bulls**t and gaslighting: A field guide to Trump's reality-warping mendacity

Gaslighting: What it Is and How to Tell if You Have it Going On in Your Relationship

FACT CHECK: Did Trump's 2020 Campaign Publish a Heavily Slanted 'Trump vs Democrat' Poll?

"At least two thirds of our miseries spring from human stupidity, human malice and those great motivators and justifiers of malice and stupidity, idealism, dogmatism and proselytizing zeal on behalf of religious or political idols." Aldous Huxley

iu

I'm doing great, thank you very much.

From the OP's link...

"Gaslighting involves manipulating reality — not just with words, but also with actions — to undermine others’ ability to trust their own judgment and believe in their own sanity. (Abusers, cult leaders and dictators do this all the time). The aim is to redefine reality however they wish."

That is the exact definition of what the Democrats and radical-left are doing. Antifa tries to make us think we are all Nazis, Pelosi and the deep-swamp dwellers try to make US think we are 'deplorable' for voting for Trump. CNN and MSNBC pretend to be objective so they can convince US that their stories about "Orange Man Bad" have some kind of validity while ignoring the real news. All they do is falsely parapharse and even miss quote Trump and tell their audience that "Orange Man Bad," Fox news bad, Rush bad, Hannity bad. They ridicule people that have the opposite opinion of their radical-liberal political bent. Occasional Cortex is a good example of someone with a pea-brain trying to pull off gas-lighting by telling lies about the border patrol, for instance. Pelosi trying to make us think that Trump is some kind of horrendous criminal......I could go on.

From the OP's link...

"Gaslighting involves manipulating reality — not just with words, but also with actions — to undermine others’ ability to trust their own judgment and believe in their own sanity. (Abusers, cult leaders and dictators do this all the time). The aim is to redefine reality however they wish."

That is the exact definition of what the Democrats and radical-left are doing. Antifa tries to make us think we are all Nazis, Pelosi and the deep-swamp dwellers try to make US think we are 'deplorable' for voting for Trump. CNN and MSNBC pretend to be objective so they can convince US that their stories about "Orange Man Bad" have some kind of validity while ignoring the real news. All they do is falsely parapharse and even miss quote Trump and tell their audience that "Orange Man Bad," Fox news bad, Rush bad, Hannity bad. They ridicule people that have the opposite opinion of their radical-liberal political bent. Occasional Cortex is a good example of someone with a pea-brain trying to pull off gas-lighting by telling lies about the border patrol, for instance. Pelosi trying to make us think that Trump is some kind of horrendous criminal......I could go on.
It's known as "projection" and "lack of self awareness".

If those character flaws were gold coin, porg libroidals would put 16th century Spaniards to shame.

From the link:

Gaslighting behavior has always been present in history, to a degree. It is par for the course whenever a person or entity wants to exert as much control as possible over others.

This is not normal behavior from anyone, let alone the president of the United States. But Trump’s behavior is so continually outrageous that it has been normalized — and mainstream Republicans who fail to call him out for fear of retribution are complicit in constructing this alternate reality.

Dictators and would-be dictators use these same tactics to gain power and control over their constituents. The more gaslighting continues, the more off-kilter and confused the population becomes, until people are too tired to fight back.

Whether one supports President Trump or not, these passages bring up some valid points. Gaslighting goes hand in hand with his bombastic style.

Couldn't you libtards be a little bit more creative than simply parroting the talking point of the day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back