GasLand

Mr. H.

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2009
A warm place with no memory.
FYI:

(for more info go to Independent Petroleum Association of America (IPAA) - Home Page)

Tonight at 9pm Eastern, HBO will air the anti-natural gas industry documentary entitled "GasLand." IPAA and the industry's coalition group, Energy in Depth, have gone to great lengths to educate policymakers and the media about the deceitful nature of this film.
After months of researching the movie and following its screenings nationwide, IPAA and Energy In Depth have launched a major communications campaign to expose the film's inaccuracies. One tactic in this campaign is a truth vs. fiction fact sheet ("GasLand Debunked") that has been broadly distributed to congressional offices, state legislatures, industry, allied groups, interested parties and news media. I'd like to thank the companies and industry groups that are using this material and crediting this effort.
A copy of "GasLand Debunked" can be viewed here. And you can always receive updates through the Energy in Depth website.
Our team has contacted a number of people associated with HBO over the past two weeks, and we were told our that our request – specifically, that it run a simple disclaimer letting viewers know that the veracity of the film is in question -- was under consideration. But the Joint Landowners Coalition of New York, with which EID continues to work very closely, reports that "HBO will now air a disclaimer stating there is not scientific data for the claims." We have not yet confirmed that with the network.
To stir up controversy over this film, HBO's publicity team is now handling the press and booking for the film, which explains the significant uptick in news media reports about it over the past two weeks. And tonight, the director Josh Fox will be on Jon Stewart's The Daily Show.
IPAA and Energy in Depth remain at the forefront of shedding light on these unfair, inaccurate portrayals of the natural gas industry, and we will keep you updated on any significant developments with this documentary. I thought you might like to see some of these news articles below. Thank you for your support.

Money talks, bull.... Allow me to play for a second devil's advocate, I wonder what motivated the people opposed to natural gas mining/drilling? Surely they aren't for coal or wood burning appliances. So why.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZe1AeH0Qz8]YouTube - GASLAND Trailer 2010[/ame]

"The 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy." Alex Carey

Call your Congressman and Senator voicing your strong support for the The Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act

The Fracturing Responsibility and Awareness of Chemicals Act (H.R. 2766), (S. 1215) -- dubbed the FRAC Act—was introduced to both houses of the the United States Congress on June 9, 2009, and aims to repeal the exemption for hydraulic fracturing in the Safe Drinking Water Act. It would require the energy industry to disclose the chemicals it mixes with the water and sand it pumps underground in the hydraulic fracturing process (also known as fracking), information that has largely been protected as trade secrets. Controversy surrounds the practice of hydraulic fracturing as a threat to drinking water supplies. The gas industry opposes the legislation.

The House bill was introduced by representatives Diana DeGette, D-Colo., Maurice Hinchey D-N.Y., and Jared Polis, D-Colo.

The Senate version was introduced by senators Bob Casey, D-Pa., and Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I strongly suggest you WATCH Gasland on HBO. If you want to view it on the internet here is a link:

"Gasland" . NOW on PBS

It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.
Albert Camus

Money talks, bull.... Allow me to play for a second devil's advocate, I wonder what motivated the people opposed to natural gas mining/drilling? Surely they aren't for coal or wood burning appliances. So why.

YouTube - GASLAND Trailer 2010

"The 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy." Alex Carey

Because opposing will do nothing to actually stop the mining, but it will put pressure to get more so-called green energy alternatives investments. Oh they know dam good and well it will still be mined and drilled and used, but they don't care about that in reality all they want is to keep the investment money coming in...

This is how the "green" technology sellers work...

Forum List

Back