Gasland, The Movie. Yea or Nea?????

OK, here's my position:

If the gas companies knowingly drilled in areas where there are residential aquifers, they should be held criminally responsible for any damage.

If this is another of Old Rocks total bullshit threads he can go to hell

Franky, little boy, the subject was that the movie presented a falsehood concerning the danger to aquifers from drilling natural gas. I presented cases where that had happened. You presented your usual unsupported yap-yap. Are you ever going to speak with more than adolescent maturity?

Yes, the world is a dangerous place, it moves around a lot. It's likely that gas also leeches into aquifers where there's no drilling as well.

What do you propose, stop all drilling?

Frank, Here is a link that I previously posted on the OP. It does counter some of the claims, exaggerations, and out right lies. There are references to other sites here.

DEBUNKING GasLand THE MOVIE

What is of general concern is the contamination and the resulting health issues, cancer, birth defects, pollution. There are serious issues here, misaddressed, on both sides. Personally I find Non-Disclosure Conditions for compensation offensive. Be it Big Brother or Big Business, it is Orwellian.

Who is up to separating truth from fiction?????

Have you WATCHED Gasland? The movie is not actors or scientific theory spin...

These are our fellow Americans. Many of them are sick and some of them are now extinct.

They may not be able to prove what is happening to them in a court of law and fight against an opponent that is thousands of times BIGGER and billions of times richer.

I strongly suggest you WATCH Gasland, and use your own judgment...

Who is up to separating truth from fiction?????

Have you WATCHED Gasland? The movie is not actors or scientific theory spin...

These are our fellow Americans. Many of them are sick and some of them are now extinct.

They may not be able to prove what is happening to them in a court of law and fight against an opponent that is thousands of times BIGGER and billions of times richer.

I strongly suggest you WATCH Gasland, and use your own judgment...

Pretty much watched most of it. There is allot of truth in it. What bothers me is the separating truth from fiction, which shouldn't have to be the case. It is a work of fiction based on truth, had the editing been more honest, it would be a class A documentary. Lying always perverts the truth and diverts arguments away from the core principle. The documentary did not need to exaggerate or misrepresent facts to further the fight. Personally I see it hurtful. The end does not justify the means. Study the other link which discredits at least some of the claims, with supporting evidence, just for perspective.

That said, something is seriously wrong with how the decision makers are operating here. From my point of view, some of those victims should be immediately removed from the contaminated sites and provided for for the rest of their days. Some of the practices appear very criminal to me. I grew up in Hicksville, NY. Hooker Chemical (think Love Canal), Grumman, tons of industry, dumping and contaminating, long before most of us were aware of what damage was occurring. Government/Industry tag teams covering up the truth.

We fight the corruption by exposing the truth for what it is. Better to understate rather than overstate and be discredited. I am an advocate for hearing the messenger and not confusing the messenger with the message, most people aren't. That is why it is imperative that we not stray from what we know when giving testimony.

I give the Movie a pass with a strong empathies on not taking all claims for granted without independent verification. It is my hope that the movie is reedited with all possible corrections or validation of all claims.

[...]

I couldn't agree more. WHAT matters is the truth. If Fox's movie plays a role in finding that out, then it will have accomplished more than most films.

[...]
Speaks for me!

Arguing on either side of this issue calls for specific academic knowledge and practical experience. So in my opinion this issue is important enough to warrant an intensive federal investigation of the facts and radical remedial action where needed.

[...]

I couldn't agree more. WHAT matters is the truth. If Fox's movie plays a role in finding that out, then it will have accomplished more than most films.

[...]
Speaks for me!

Arguing on either side of this issue calls for specific academic knowledge and practical experience. So in my opinion this issue is important enough to warrant an intensive federal investigation of the facts and radical remedial action where needed.

Agreed. It also calls for staying on point, backing up claims, asking the right questions and verifying the claims. What it does not call for is intentionally misreporting or corrupting the facts or evidence to serve either side. The process is important enough to maintain integrity and credibility.

Nominated for an Academy Award? :cuckoo:

“While it’s unfortunate there isn’t an Oscar category for propaganda, this nomination is fitting, as the Oscars are aimed at praising pure entertainment among Hollywood’s elite,” said Fuller. “Without doubt, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences nominated Gasland for its work in the field of art, not science.

“As responsible, job-creating American oil and natural gas development, enabled by environmentally-proven hydraulic fracturing, continues to drive economic growth and strengthen our nation’s energy security, we have a responsibility to appeal to science and facts. This film, however, as a host of independent environmental regulators have confirmed, fails woefully short of these fundamental objectives.”

IPAA Washington Report - 01/27/2011

Debunking GasLand

FACT SHEET

Exagerrate your argument and you lose it. People will dismiss 100% of a story is they can find 1% to be untrue. Seems to be the modus operandi these days.

What's really sad here guy's is there are really serious ramifications to what is in fact being done and the cover up behind it.

Forum List

Back