Gas went from 3.61 to 3.99 withing minutes.

You don't read do you? Plus it was part of your argument that it's projected demand will rise. I think you made that claim on page two or three.

Imagine that

Err, that still doesn't mention world demand as opposed to US demand.

Just saying...

Just saying? I posted another link on global demand being down.

You don't read do you? Plus it was part of your argument that it's projected demand will rise. I think you made that claim on page two or three.

Imagine that

Just saying...

Of course not, because he doesn't understand the oil market is bigger than just the domestic market.

Imagine that

Just saying...

Of course not, because he doesn't understand the oil market is bigger than just the domestic market.
And of course you don't read you have a limited comprehension level.

Oil down to near US$106 as China trade slowdown suggests demand could wane

What was the value of the dollar when Bush was president compared to now?

Relative to the Euro? About the same as it was in 2008.
Relative to the pound? It's around a ten year high.
Monthly Exchange Rate Average (American Dollar, Euro) 2008 - x-rates
March 2008 1.55202 USD

March 2012 1.31581 USD
hist2012.png

Any questions?

Polk the dollars value is much lower now than was then. isn't that right Polk?

Gas went up $1.25 where I'm at in 6 weeks..

Truth is Obama WANTS high gas prices so people buy his cronies green energy bullshit - so they can light themselves on fire with his Chevy Volt.

I missed the part where Obama nationalized the Oil industry and raised prices across the board.

Perhaps you could link that...

Gas went up $1.25 where I'm at in 6 weeks..

Truth is Obama WANTS high gas prices so people buy his cronies green energy bullshit - so they can light themselves on fire with his Chevy Volt.

I missed the part where Obama nationalized the Oil industry and raised prices across the board.

Perhaps you could link that...

National Defense Resources Preparedness

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House
And printing more dollars devalues the dollar causing gas prices to go up.

Last edited:
The choke point is at the refinery.

And refineries have been closing down left and right all over the US.

Which means that we have to export the oil we can't refine, and then import the refined products.

Which then drives up the price of oil, and since Oil companies invest in their own futures through Dark Markets, via the Enron loophole, they get paid twice.

Not much of a choke point when demand is down.

It is a choke point, because refining capacity is now even lower than the current (low) demand.

If demand rises again, we're all seriously fucked.

I hate to say this, but we are seriously fucked right now.

And of course you don't read you have a limited comprehension level.

But, as he said, the link you just provided uses the words "suggests" and "could", meaning it hasn't happened yet, and may not ever happen.

Back to that suggested bullshit?
Question, why would refineries stay open if demand is down?

If is not now

For the same reason factories stay open during lulls in product sales:

Demand will go up again.

Especially since the cost of building new refineries is quite high compared to upgrading or expanding existing refineries.
Is demand down now yes it is If not show a source that does not use suggest projected or something in the future as a reference.

National Defense Resources Preparedness

Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House
And printing more dollars devalues the dollar causing gas prices to go up.

I must have missed the part where the nation was in a state of emergency and martial law needed to be enacted...

If it's dealing with obama you will intentionally miss anything unconstitutional. With that executive order there does not have to be a national emergency for to be implemented

Last edited:

I fail to see how the title of the article that you linked says "suggests demand could wane" is categorized as "bullshit". You linked the article...

Is demand down now yes it is If not show a source that does not use suggest projected or something in the future as a reference.

You need a source to tell you that world demand for oil goes up and down?

I appears we are paying .75 to $1 more per gallon here than in the places you guys are posting from, and that's "in town". Out in the villages, they always pay at least 1/3 to 1/2 more than the townies.
I currently have a couple of decent jobs. But having livestock means I cannot live in my "town home" because of city ordinances that deny me the ability to raise my own food. The rise in the price of gas, and all subsequent price increases downstream, is making my paycheck smaller daily. As I see it, I have a few choices:
1) I can move my farm into town and make do as well as I can until the townies decide to boot me out.
2) I can surrender all my livestock, greenhouse, and garden and move into town, at which time I will have the privilege of paying an increasing amount for substandard, unhealthy food.
3) Or, I might just give up the jobs and move to the farm full-time. Of course, government regulations severely impair my ability to make an honest living by selling or trading what I produce on my farm.
I am sure many families are facing some significant challenges for the same reasons. At some point, I'm pretty much working to fill the tank, at that point, not using the tank becomes a far more attractive option.

If it's dealing with obama you will intentionally miss anything unconstitutional. With that executive order there does not have to be a national emergency for to be implemented

Yes, in fact there does.

The Executive Order in question is specifically a plan of action in case there is a national emergency.

If you look at the bottom of the document, it does in fact list the previous executive orders that it takes the place of, that did the same thing.

I fail to see how the title of the article that you linked says "suggests demand could wane" is categorized as "bullshit". You linked the article...

You need a source to tell you that world demand for oil goes up and down?
Did you post this earlier? Are you suggesting oil demand is down right now?
Demand will go up again.

I am saying oil demand is down you and polk are saying projected usage will be up. I am waiting on you to show a source that does not use suggest projected or something in the future as a reference
Did you post this earlier? Are you suggesting demand is down?

Yes, in fact there does.

The Executive Order in question is specifically a plan of action in case there is a national emergency.

If you look at the bottom of the document, it does in fact list the previous executive orders that it takes the place of, that did the same thing.

There does not have to be an emergency for the executive order to be implemented

Forum List

Back