Gas up over $5 in Michigan

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I just heard at work gas is going up over $5 because of the hurricane. Not everyone in the Country. Chicago, Indiana, Michigan, California, and a few others. People are lined up at the gas stations before they jack up the prices. The town is Tecumski, or something like that. A couple hours away. I'm expecting gas to be $5 when I leave work.

Anyone else hear anything?

PS. The hurricane is God punishing Texas for GW Bush. :cuckoo:

I just heard at work gas is going up over $5 because of the hurricane. Not everyone in the Country. Chicago, Indiana, Michigan, California, and a few others. People are lined up at the gas stations before they jack up the prices. The town is Tecumski, or something like that. A couple hours away. I'm expecting gas to be $5 when I leave work.

What does that say for Michigan. Is god punishing them.

Last edited:

Hey skitzo, give it two weeks gas will be back under pre-hurricane prices.

Me <---- bought gas here in California today. $3.59 a gallon (reg. unleaded) ... it has been this price now for a week or so. The lowest we have seen it in months! But I will not be surprised if it goes up because of the hurricane.

Plus there will be increases in .... the price of Beef and everything else that comes from Texas, and surrounding states. :eusa_eh:

This is another sign of BDS, explaining the suffering and dying of women and children of a natural disaster on partisan politics.....:cuckoo:

It is just the natural order of charging extra for stupid.

Of course, since I do most of my moving around by bike, I don't buy much gas. I fill up maybe three times every two months.

There is no reason for panic buying.

Of course, I may be crying when I fill up next friday. But I am hoping by then rationality may have returned.:eusa_pray:

No, God is punishing Houston for electing Tom Delay.

Little reminder that gas went up to $4 a gallon right before the 2008 election. On Bush's watch!

Little reminder that gas went up to $4 a gallon right before the 2008 election. On Bush's watch!

And between July 2008 and January 2009, oil fell from $140/barrel to $40/barrel.
On Bush's watch!

And between July 2008 and January 2009, oil fell from $140/barrel to $40/barrel.
On Bush's watch!

Because he crashed the economy stupid! High oil prices actually played a part in crashing the economy too if you want to be honest.

But if you aren't smart enough to put two and two together. To see that they raised gas prices to a RECORD $4.11 national average in the Summer of 2008. Did you blame Bush? Who cares? He wasn't running for a 3rd term. Did you blame McCain? How could you? So it was the perfect time to gouge us.

Now the Oil companies will gouge us again, only this time you will blame Obama. Its all politics my friend. But you are either too dumb or too much of a liar to admit it.

Me <---- bought gas here in California today. $3.59 a gallon (reg. unleaded) ... it has been this price now for a week or so. The lowest we have seen it in months! But I will not be surprised if it goes up because of the hurricane.

Plus there will be increases in .... the price of Beef and everything else that comes from Texas, and surrounding states. :eusa_eh:
Hey everyone, just remember what things were like at the end of Bush's presidency. Do we really want another Republican president? Look at this person bragging about her $3.59 per gallon gas prices. Yesterday I saw gas for $1.89. Thanks Obama!

On Bush's watch!
They could no longer gouge us. The gig was up. Bush could only rape us on his own watch. The party was over as soon as he left. The oil companies and speculators knew the Dems wouldn't allow it.

On Bush's watch!
They could no longer gouge us. The gig was up. Bush could only rape us on his own watch. The party was over as soon as he left. The oil companies and speculators knew the Dems wouldn't allow it.

The great irony here is that Republican fracking/horizontal drilling saved the economy for Obama. Without it we would have been in recession the entire time.

Flashback. Republicans will use hurricanes and other excuses for why gas is going to go up again. They let the oil industry gouge us. Then the oil industry does better at our expense

On Bush's watch!

The great irony here is that Republican fracking/horizontal drilling saved the economy for Obama. Without it we would have been in recession the entire time.
Is that going to be his dot com bubble? The reason Obama did so well but trump not?

Remember this everyone? Back when Bush was president, gas went up over $4 a gallon.

Now what has happened in the last year?

motorists in the U.S. have seen prices at the pump climb 18 percent over the past year.

Thanks Republicans.

This won't bother me too much. I work 7 minutes from my home and I get about $3000 more back on my paycheck for the year because of Trump's tax plan. How much did you all get from Trump's tax break? Do the math. You'll be putting that extra couple bucks into your Prius or Festiva. LOL

On Bush's watch!
Right before the election? Was that to make people forget before they went to vote?

You don't find the timing odd?

New Topics

Forum List

Back