Gas to drop to $2.50 a gallon by November

What is it when Obama strikes deals with the saudis for more production, and he uses US reserves to increase supply to the market thereby lowering demand in relation to supply?

Pandering to the Muslim world and being a Marxist trying to destroy the free market.

i doubt it, but it cant hurt if it does.

That would be a dollar drop in just a few months. I also doubt it but I would certainly welcome it as I spend about 700 a month on fuel.

And it ain't Obama doing it. Demand is DOWN.
yep. But I do hope that it hits 2.25 a gallon by the end of the year....We could use the stimulus to the economy. Hell, might even spark some job creation......

Wouldn't that be a novel thing. We haven't seen that since May of 2008 or something like that.

That would be a dollar drop in just a few months. I also doubt it but I would certainly welcome it as I spend about 700 a month on fuel.

It is Obama when gas goes up, but when it goes down it is demand. What is it when Obama strikes deals with the saudis for more production, and he uses US reserves to increase supply to the market thereby lowering demand in relation to supply?

You fail at economics.

It would seem Economics are not your strong point either... Gas Prices, Stocks Down Amid Bleak Economic Prospects - ABC News

yep. But I do hope that it hits 2.25 a gallon by the end of the year....We could use the stimulus to the economy. Hell, might even spark some job creation......

Wouldn't that be a novel thing. We haven't seen that since May of 2008 or something like that.

Why should the oil companies lower prices just to stimulate the rest of the economy or to spark job creation? They aren't in business for the rest of us, they're in business for themselves.

Why should the oil companies lower prices just to stimulate the rest of the economy or to spark job creation? They aren't in business for the rest of us, they're in business for themselves.
What? Where did I say that the oil company's SHOULD lower prices?

Let me be callous and facetious.

I don't give a care about gasoline prices. I am retired. I don't have to drive if I don't want to. I live in a city. Grocery store, public library, Wal-Mart and all my other physical requirements are at a walking distance. Heck, even my church, for my spiritual needs.

So, gasoline prices rising or falling don't bother me.

BUT!!! Leave booze prices alone!

You didn't. But I hope you can realize that what you're hoping for necessitates it. Think about it this way.....Under what circumstances would the oil companies lower prices? Either 1) adjusting to market demands, or 2) out of the goodness of their heart.

So, what kind of market demands would cause drops in oil prices? A stagnant economy, high unemployment? Well, not really. Current prices are already set to match the market demands of the present moment in regards to those things. So, the only way the market is going to demand lower prices is if the economy gets worse. If that happens, then the stimulus of which you speak won't serve to improve things to a better place than they are now. It will only stimulate things to return to where they are now, after they got worse in the first place.

So, the market won't allow stimulus. That leaves the oil companies lowering prices from the goodness of their own heart.

You didn't. But I hope you can realize that what you're hoping for necessitates it. Think about it this way.....Under what circumstances would the oil companies lower prices? Either 1) adjusting to market demands, or 2) out of the goodness of their heart.

So, what kind of market demands would cause drops in oil prices? A stagnant economy, high unemployment? Well, not really. Current prices are already set to match the market demands of the present moment in regards to those things. So, the only way the market is going to demand lower prices is if the economy gets worse. If that happens, then the stimulus of which you speak won't serve to improve things to a better place than they are now. It will only stimulate things to return to where they are now, after they got worse in the first place.

So, the market won't allow stimulus. That leaves the oil companies lowering prices from the goodness of their own heart.
I was making no attempt to analyze the forces that were creating this minor move on the Oil Commodities market. I am fully versed in how oil prices are set, and what moves them. It does not even need to be said that oil companies will not be lowering prices because they have had a change of heart on this whole, getting paid for their risk thing.

I was simply stating that I hope that prices will hit 2.25 a gallon by the end of the year, and stating a little truth that if they fall that low, it will stimulate the economy enough to create jobs.

America could use the relief, and so could I.

I have worked for a nationally branded BAIN holding and didn't experience this.

I found their streamlining is what saved the brand.

So what?

Romney committed Medicare fraud at Bain.

Arrests, Prosecutions ?

In 1989, Bain took over Damon Corp., then based in Massachusetts, and Romney sat on Damon’s board from 1990 until 1993, when Bain sold the company to Corning Inc.

During Romney’s tenure at Damon, the company allegedly defrauded Medicare for millions of dollars by offering packages of blood tests that resulted in doctors ordering unnecessary lab-work, paid for by Medicare. Damon offered suites of blood tests that, in some cases, were unrelated. Doctors could order Damon’s lab-work in these packages–but Damon did not inform those doctors that it would bill Medicare for the superfluous tests included in the packages.

After Bain sold the company to Corning, federal investigators caught Damon and a host of other medical-lab companies engaged in similar activity. Damon pleaded guilty to Medicare fraud in 1996 and paid a total of $119 million, including a criminal fine and a civil settlement. The United States Attorneys Bulletin outlined the sweeping investigations, known as LABSCAM, in its April 1997 issue. Other companies, such as SmithKlineBeecham, were also caught engaging in fraudulent activity and were forced to pay fines.

The Story Behind Romney, Medicare Fraud, and the Latest SuperPAC ‘Movie’ - ABC News

I was making no attempt to analyze the forces that were creating this minor move on the Oil Commodities market. I am fully versed in how oil prices are set, and what moves them. It does not even need to be said that oil companies will not be lowering prices because they have had a change of heart on this whole, getting paid for their risk thing.

I was simply stating that I hope that prices will hit 2.25 a gallon by the end of the year, and stating a little truth that if they fall that low, it will stimulate the economy enough to create jobs.

America could use the relief, and so could I.

I agree, we could all use it. The point that I'm trying to make is that the economic problems our country faces are more deeply rooted than people seem to give recognition to. Gas would be more affordable if our overall economic structure would develop into a more stable system whereby the average Joe made a more stable income that required a smaller portion of said income to be devoted to gas.

"Gas to drop to $2.50 a gallon by November"

Of course! Isn't that the plan for the Saudi's who need an American president who wants to keep America dependent upon them. I mean, after all, they do need the money....awww. And they do have the right guy, here, to help....

Of course! Isn't that the plan for the Saudi's who need an American president who wants to keep America dependent upon them. I mean, after all, they do need the money....awww. And they do have the right guy, here, to help....

Most of our oil comes from the Western hemisphere.

But thanks for playing.

But thanks for playing.

Put your mouth back on Obama's anus and STFU

I filled up my truck the other day with regular for $2.99/gallon.
yikes.gif

Falling gas prices will help with any economic recovery, but there's still other energy concerns (War on Coal, Keystone pipeline, restrictions on offshore oil exploration and drilling).

The Germans already get 20% of their energy from the sun.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.

If Germans were smarter, they would know that there are such things as cloudy days.

They would also know how to produce cars that last like Toyota or a Honda.

Hell, even like a Kia or a Huyndai.

But thanks for playing.

You're welcome.

My main point is that our president is here to help enrich any country other than America, and they all know it and have a willing participant in the WH to help them acheive their goals, as opposed to the goals of American citizens who want to be energy independent.

I filled up my truck the other day with regular for $2.99/gallon.
yikes.gif

Falling gas prices will help with any economic recovery, but there's still other energy concerns (War on Coal, Keystone pipeline, restrictions on offshore oil exploration and drilling).

The Germans already get 20% of their energy from the sun.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.

If Germans were smarter, they would know that there are such things as cloudy days.

They would also know how to produce cars that last like Toyota or a Honda.

Hell, even like a Kia or a Huyndai.

They are smarter. That's the point.

Philip Verleger, an economist and founder of PK Verleger LLC, said that gas prices could drop all the way down to $2.50 a gallon by November during a recent interview with Bloomberg TV.

Saying that Saudi Arabia has ample reason to “overproduce” more oil than the market needs, Verleger said a barrel of crude oil could fall to $40 a barrel — something the US hasn’t seen since 2008 — causing the TV anchor to do a double-take.

“There’s no such thing as fair value,” Verleger explained. “Prices will overshoot for every commodity; farmers have been talking about this for a hundred years.”

Economist: Gas Prices Could Dip Below $2.50 - Woodbury-Middlebury, CT Patch

Though I am sure the masses that are as stupid as you will credit Obama with some how doing this. Thinking people understand that Obama has done exactly 0 To help Lower Gas Prices, and that while nice, these low Prices are actually caused by something less happy. A global Slowdown in demand because of a Global Economic Slow down.

If you really think that is good news Chirs, Keep running off at the mouth about it, But Americans are not going to care much about Cheaper gas if the Global Economy Continues to Tank and Brings ours back down with it.

But thanks for playing.

You're welcome.

My main point is that our president is here to help enrich any country other than America, and they all know it and have a willing participant in the WH to help them acheive their goals, as opposed to the goals of American citizens who want to be energy independent.

Wrong.

You should do some reading about the research being done at Kentucky and Purdue by the Department of Energy grants from the Obama administration.

Philip Verleger, an economist and founder of PK Verleger LLC, said that gas prices could drop all the way down to $2.50 a gallon by November during a recent interview with Bloomberg TV.

Saying that Saudi Arabia has ample reason to “overproduce” more oil than the market needs, Verleger said a barrel of crude oil could fall to $40 a barrel — something the US hasn’t seen since 2008 — causing the TV anchor to do a double-take.

“There’s no such thing as fair value,” Verleger explained. “Prices will overshoot for every commodity; farmers have been talking about this for a hundred years.”

Though I am sure the masses that are as stupid as you will credit Obama with some how doing this. Thinking people understand that Obama has done exactly 0 To help Lower Gas Prices, and that while nice, these low Prices are actually caused by something less happy. A global Slowdown in demand because of a Global Economic Slow down.

If you really think that is good news Chirs, Keep running off at the mouth about it, But Americans are not going to care much about Cheaper gas if the Global Economy Continues to Tank and Brings ours back down with it.

From the truck driver who complained the loudest about Obama when gas prices went up.

From the truck driver who complained the loudest about Obama when gas prices went up.
yes, and you were right there telling me Obama had nothing to do with it,

yet now he does?

lol

P.S. I don't believe I ever Specifically Blamed Obama for Higher Gas Prices when I was Driving Truck, I did a Lot of Complaining about Refinery Capacity because lack of it was causing Diesel to be much higher than it needed to be at the time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back