Gas to drop to $2.50 a gallon by November

Did anyone watch Tboone Pickens this morning on Fox News Sunday?

He lost 150000000 on wind energy investments. He's got a good idea on the 8 million trucks going natural gas but I'm not in favor of legislating it.

The Germans already get 20% of their energy from the sun.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.
What is this "us" shit? I suspect that 95% of the Germans are smarter than YOU! Maybe 10% are smarter than I.

You seem to parade every decrease in gasoline price and every incidence of marginally good news regarding the economy as an accomplishment of Obama's.

Did you ever stop to think that the price may be going down because of lack of demand because people can't afford to drive as much because they don't have a fuckin' job! Can you stop to think that the lack of disposable income in the hands of consumers causes businesses to lose sales and cut back on every cost item they have...including JOBS.

Considering how Republicans helped send millions of jobs to China and close tens of thousands of factories, Obama is doing pretty good. Republicans can't complain Obama isn't doing enough when their only plan is tax cuts for corporations that are already making historic profits. Do you want them to own everything?
The only way out is a modern infrastructure and education. Two things Republicans are vehemently against.

Where did GM just build a new plant at?

Philip Verleger, an economist and founder of PK Verleger LLC, said that gas prices could drop all the way down to $2.50 a gallon by November during a recent interview with Bloomberg TV.

Saying that Saudi Arabia has ample reason to “overproduce” more oil than the market needs, Verleger said a barrel of crude oil could fall to $40 a barrel — something the US hasn’t seen since 2008 — causing the TV anchor to do a double-take.

“There’s no such thing as fair value,” Verleger explained. “Prices will overshoot for every commodity; farmers have been talking about this for a hundred years.”

Economist: Gas Prices Could Dip Below $2.50 - Woodbury-Middlebury, CT Patch

It's a good thing for consumers, however, over all it shows just how bad the economy is. I would not get too excited about it.

The free-fall in crude prices is unlikely to reverse course without significant signs that the world economy is improving.

Oil, like stocks and other risk assets, fell sharply Thursday as fears of slowing global growth gripped markets, which were also beset by speculation about pending bank downgrades and Europe’s sovereign crisis...

In fact, traders say the months-long decline in oil may have been signaling a slowdown in the economy.

Why oil prices are lowest they've been in months - Bottom Line

Market focus Friday will remain on Europe as finance ministers meet, and the leaders of Germany, France, Italy and Spain meet ahead of next week’s EU summit.

I thought the president couldn't control the price, so how is he supposed to get the credit for it again?

Oh yeah... political hacks.

I think we have a shot aty it but it has nothing to do with Obama or Bush, oil has hits own market. Until we have true energy dependence there is little we can go. German has 20% solar power, their gas is close to $10/gal boy can't wait on solar energy. Where do you come from when you think this is good.

My avatar stands. Obama still wants gas to be outrageously inflated. His policies are failing, therefore the myth of his $10.00 gas is also coming undone. I'll change my avatar when Obama has been told to vacate the White House, God willing that will be in November 2012.

If that doesn't happen, $9.99 per gallon is in the near future.

He lost 150000000 on wind energy investments. He's got a good idea on the 8 million trucks going natural gas but I'm not in favor of legislating it.

Me either. When the free market says it's right, the trucking companies will do it. All the government has to do is get the hell out of the way and let natural economic forces work.

Me either. When the free market says it's right, the trucking companies will do it. All the government has to do is get the hell out of the way and let natural economic forces work.

AMEN. The way it has always been. Government needs to stop picking winners and losers.

I thought the president couldn't control the price, so how is he supposed to get the credit for it again?

He shouldn't but that's how the game works. You know this.if this was bush you people would be out saying how awesome he is.

He shouldn't but that's how the game works. You know this.if this was bush you people would be out saying how awesome he is.

Yet, the point is when prices were at 6 a gallon Obama had nothing to do with it. See, there is the double standard in action. EVERYTHING was Bush's fault according to many dems but only the good is Obama's doing. All of the bad still belongs to Bush or Repubs fault according to many dems.

Somewhere along the way Obama's actions do affect what is going on today. I think that is where many people get agitated, somewhere along the way Obama has made poor decisions but according to many on the left, he can do no wrong.

The Germans already get 20% of their energy from the sun.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.
What is this "us" shit? I suspect that 95% of the Germans are smarter than YOU! Maybe 10% are smarter than I.

You seem to parade every decrease in gasoline price and every incidence of marginally good news regarding the economy as an accomplishment of Obama's.

Did you ever stop to think that the price may be going down because of lack of demand because people can't afford to drive as much because they don't have a fuckin' job! Can you stop to think that the lack of disposable income in the hands of consumers causes businesses to lose sales and cut back on every cost item they have...including JOBS.

Considering how Republicans helped send millions of jobs to China and close tens of thousands of factories, Obama is doing pretty good. Republicans can't complain Obama isn't doing enough when their only plan is tax cuts for corporations that are already making historic profits. Do you want them to own everything?
The only way out is a modern infrastructure and education. Two things Republicans are vehemently against.

yea i hear ya Dean.....Gov Brown cut the Education Budget here and in the Legislature they are talking about spending Billions on a train that not many seem to want over spending money on the Infrastructure here.....fucking Republicans....

Now the oil companies are in collusion with Obama to keep prices low. Cause everyone knows we have the most oil. We just don't get to drill enough.

Is that like Obama taking away our guns by doing nothing about gun control?

And why are Repubs mad that prices of gas are down? Is it that the stick you want to use to beat Obama is broke?

Why just a few weeks ago, Obama and his being mean to oil companies was the reason gas prices were soaring.

Make up your fuking minds. Is he working with the oil companies against us or against the oil companies for us?

Either way, you all are gonna hate what ever Obama does. Even if gas goes to two bucks a gallon, you gotta hate THAT. Mittens wouldn't have a chance at those prices.

He doesn't control it but his policies can influence it.
That is true. So what ACTION did Obama take to influence these prices downward? I've read nothing, and as we all well know Obama will not stop to take credit for anything good that happens on his watch regardless of his real involvement OR assign blame if it is bad.

So, did he actually do something? Or is he going to blame someone?

Forum List

Back