Gas to drop to $2.50 a gallon by November

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
Philip Verleger, an economist and founder of PK Verleger LLC, said that gas prices could drop all the way down to $2.50 a gallon by November during a recent interview with Bloomberg TV.

Saying that Saudi Arabia has ample reason to “overproduce” more oil than the market needs, Verleger said a barrel of crude oil could fall to $40 a barrel — something the US hasn’t seen since 2008 — causing the TV anchor to do a double-take.

“There’s no such thing as fair value,” Verleger explained. “Prices will overshoot for every commodity; farmers have been talking about this for a hundred years.”

Economist: Gas Prices Could Dip Below $2.50 - Woodbury-Middlebury, CT Patch

I filled up my truck the other day with regular for $2.99/gallon.
yikes.gif

Falling gas prices will help with any economic recovery, but there's still other energy concerns (War on Coal, Keystone pipeline, restrictions on offshore oil exploration and drilling).

yikes.gif

Falling gas prices will help with any economic recovery, but there's still other energy concerns (War on Coal, Keystone pipeline, restrictions on offshore oil exploration and drilling).

The Germans already get 20% of their energy from the sun.

Are they smarter than us?

Yes.

Fucking clock work Chris. I told you to your face in another thread when you posted this that you would run with it. Just like its a fact or something.

You're such a predictable hack.

Fucking clock work Chris. I told you to your face in another thread when you posted this that you would run with it. Just like its a fact or something.

Why do you hate the great news that gas prices are likely going to continue to go down?

So we should all buy Yukon denalis again. If its good enough for Obama....

Why do you hate the great news that gas prices are likely going to continue to go down?

It is not news. Can you not tell the difference between an arguable prediction and a fact?

yikes.gif

Yes.
What is this "us" shit? I suspect that 95% of the Germans are smarter than YOU! Maybe 10% are smarter than I.

You seem to parade every decrease in gasoline price and every incidence of marginally good news regarding the economy as an accomplishment of Obama's.

Did you ever stop to think that the price may be going down because of lack of demand because people can't afford to drive as much because they don't have a fuckin' job! Can you stop to think that the lack of disposable income in the hands of consumers causes businesses to lose sales and cut back on every cost item they have...including JOBS.

The so called experts also said gas might hit five dollars a gallon a few months back.

I think in some states it did. One thing we do know, all the subsidies Republicans want to give to oil companies never helped bring the price down.

i doubt it, but it cant hurt if it does.

That would be a dollar drop in just a few months. I also doubt it but I would certainly welcome it as I spend about 700 a month on fuel.

its 339-345 here right now.Its dropped about 20 cents in three weeks. Actually the other day it dropped ten cents, which doesnt happen often.

We have Giant Eagles here ( supermarket) which give you points towards gas off. So we typically have like 20-30 a pop everytime. So if gas hits even 325 we are set.

But keep in mind we had 50 cents off at one point and that only saved us about 7 bucks over all.

yikes.gif

Yes.
What is this "us" shit? I suspect that 95% of the Germans are smarter than YOU! Maybe 10% are smarter than I.

You seem to parade every decrease in gasoline price and every incidence of marginally good news regarding the economy as an accomplishment of Obama's.

Did you ever stop to think that the price may be going down because of lack of demand because people can't afford to drive as much because they don't have a fuckin' job! Can you stop to think that the lack of disposable income in the hands of consumers causes businesses to lose sales and cut back on every cost item they have...including JOBS.

Considering how Republicans helped send millions of jobs to China and close tens of thousands of factories, Obama is doing pretty good. Republicans can't complain Obama isn't doing enough when their only plan is tax cuts for corporations that are already making historic profits. Do you want them to own everything?
The only way out is a modern infrastructure and education. Two things Republicans are vehemently against.

I dunno, maybe because I remember when everyone was appalled when gas went over $1.00 per gallon. I just can't get excited over $3.00. Yea it helps but not enough to even pay my cable bill.

Forum List

Back