Gas pumpers on parade!

cosimdm

Rookie
Jan 22, 2017
The picture of the football players taking the knee is unbelievable!
Here are a bunch of millionaires who would otherwise be pumping gas, unable to respect the country which gives them the opportunity to succeed . Think of all the people who have died to protect that opportunity!

These guys are not worthy of any respect .

Seriously ... do gas pumpers even exist any more? I have to pump my own gas.

We have a station here that offers full service.

Then this must be your car ...

maxresdefault.jpg

In New Jersey it is illegal to pump your own gas

Still? I lived in New York in the '90s and I'd always fill up just before the tunnel because it was full serve. Can't believe it's still a thing.

I was driving from Boston to Virginia a couple of years ago. Stopped somewhere in New Jersey to get gas. Got out of my car and grabbed the nozzle to fill up my car. A guy comes running up yelling at me to "stop, that's my job". .... :cool:

I was driving from Boston to Virginia a couple of years ago. Stopped somewhere in New Jersey to get gas. Got out of my car and grabbed the nozzle to fill up my car. A guy comes running up yelling at me to "stop, that's my job". .... :cool:

It's illegal to grab your own nozzle in New Jersey?

Hmmmm ...

What's next? Attendants in the rest rooms?

Seriously ... do gas pumpers even exist any more?
It may be done in the state of Oregon because my uncle lives there and I once asked him about it.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. It was back in 2013 that I asked him and so I don't know if it is still done.

@OT I agree, I mean you'd think they'd be grateful for the opportunities they've had to become financially independent in America. I know I constantly appreciate that I was born here, that my great grandparents came here instead of going somewhere else, that my parents worked hard and gave me a good [spoiled] childhood, that I myself was able to utilize capitalist American policies to give myself and my children a good life... That said, I suppose the habit of forgetting to be thankful for what you have is pretty universal in America; and it almost always leads to trouble when the perpetrator acts upon that lapse of honest assessment of the situation at hand. You could equate this to so many things; from kids hating their parents because they don't get that new iPhone when they wanted, to kids getting pregnant and wrecking their lives because they think they're ready emotionally [but are not financially or in their relationship], to cheating on spouses when everything's not perfect, to quitting [or worse stealing/abusing] good jobs because you feel under-appreciated, etc. So many disappointments are tied to selfishness and a lack of consideration of the consequences and effects. I often feel like these kids didn't get the "rash decisions" talk from anyone; statements like "think about what you're doing" and "don't do anything stupid" - but maybe that was just my parents? Am I really so blessed to have my particular parents? My grandparents had a similar mentality, they always said stuff like "hasty judgments begets remorse," "you're gonna find yourself in a zugzwang" (which means you're in a position where there is no "good" decision left for you,) "don't switch horses in the water," and one I think most folks have heard, "don't throw out the baby with the bathwater."

The last full service station in my state stopped offering the service some years ago. It was a Chevron station and I'd drive 15 miles out of my way every week just to fill up there so I didn't have to suffer the smell of it. Sadly I didn't use enough gas to keep the service solvent :( My husband and the kids try to fill the cars for me now, they do decent enough job, but I still end up having to do it myself every once in a while - then I feel sick all day. I hate whatever the additive they put in up here over the winter even more than just gas smell. :/

Forum List

Back