gas pump card readers dumbsh&t

harmonica

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2017
...any one ever go to a gas pump card reader and it says '''remove card quickly'''---but you can hardly get the damn card in because the reader size is too small?
...on some, you have to have tiny tiny hands/fingers to get the card in and out quickly
..whoever was the engineer that designed that is a dumbass

Be very careful of fake readers...especially at gas stations where the readers are out of sight of the store clerks....

I hate getting behind people who are using cards. They take forever.

The funny thing is that when they were trying to get everybody using cards instead of cash, they had these commercials showing the cash payers slowing up the line.

In reality, though, it's the people paying with their cards holding everything up.

The funny thing is that when they were trying to get everybody using cards instead of cash, they had these commercials showing the cash payers slowing up the line.

In reality, though, it's the people paying with their cards holding everything up.
I mean at the pump.....
...but with a cashier, it depends on the cashier from what I see...some are slow and talkative

I see the remove quickly notices on the gas pumps but have had no trouble standing by my own policy of never removing anything quickly.
and why do you have to ''remove quickly''??
you don't have swipe quickly inside a store

I'll remember that next time I see you waiting impatiently behind me....... I'll slow down.......

...any one ever go to a gas pump card reader and it says '''remove card quickly'''---but you can hardly get the damn card in because the reader size is too small?
...on some, you have to have tiny tiny hands/fingers to get the card in and out quickly
And here I was upset that my mascara ran.

Oh wait! I don't wear mascara. Guess I'll have to find something else to bitch about. :dunno:

I'll remember that next time I see you waiting impatiently behind me....... I'll slow down.......

Well. I've made some observation during these annoying experiences. It seems to be a certain demographic consistently. It's almost like they purposefully do it. They set up camp at that little bit of counter space next to the card reader and seemingly try to make it look like they're buying a Lincoln or something instead of a pack of crackers. But, you know, it's just my own observation.

Last edited:

Well. I've made some observation during these annoying experiences. It seems to be a certain demographic consistently. It's almost like they purposefully do it. They set up camp at that little bit of counter space next to the card reader and seemingly try to make it look like they're buying a Lincoln or something instead of a pack of crackers. But, you know, it's just my own observation.
Yeah and the ones who pull up and then spend five minutes digging coins out of every crevice in the vehicle, walk slowly into the store and take another fifteen minutes buying something then pre-paying before actually pumping their gas. They always do it when all the pumps are busy with lines of cars waiting their turn............

Those that brag about having a "credit card" that is to big typically disappoints the "card reader."

Sounds like a personal problem.

Well lets study this. It only says "remove card quickly" AFTER you have put the card in, so if you can't get the card in how can you see that message?

Well lets study this. It only says "remove card quickly" AFTER you have put the card in, so if you can't get the card in how can you see that message?

harmonica is using a double entendre. You Texans sure are stupid.

...that's just it...it says it any way or whenever---in some of them it's very hard to get it all the way in because the space is so tiny

harmonica is using a double entendre. You Texans sure are stupid.
Thank you.

Forum List

Back