Gas prices

Afghanistan and Iraq.Road tax pays for the upkeep of the roads...supposedly, the roads are in a dire state:eusa_whistle: People are fed up with the price of fuel here in Britain and it is set for another 50% increase over the next year, I include oil, gas and electricity in this instance.We are pretty pissed off with the world at the moment.Living here is fast becoming a fucking nightmare.I for one am looking for an alternative.

You mean your Muslim immigrants ain't bringing their own oil ???? We have that same problem with the Mexicans

Afghanistan and Iraq.Road tax pays for the upkeep of the roads...supposedly, the roads are in a dire state:eusa_whistle: People are fed up with the price of fuel here in Britain and it is set for another 50% increase over the next year, I include oil, gas and electricity in this instance.We are pretty pissed off with the world at the moment.Living here is fast becoming a fucking nightmare.I for one am looking for an alternative.

Well .... if you are that unhappy in Britain then I do not suggest you moving here. Anyway .... I think the borders are closed. :eusa_pray: Try Mexico .. I think they are recruiting new citizens because so many of their's are now living in the USA. :eusa_eh:

That certainly could be the case, at least part of it. But we're nowhere near out of the danger of war with Iran just yet.

In my opinion, this price decline is going to be short lived. Congress can ban speculation in futures all they want. Unless something really changes in the geopolitical scene, oil is going up. So is gold. So is silver. So are all commodities.

I read a quote somewhere, that I am trying to find, that one market expert said of the speculators "they just got up and left" or something like that. Consumption was donw for the first time in years in the US. The economy is staggering and the housing market is in the dump.

I read a quote somewhere, that I am trying to find, that one market expert said of the speculators "they just got up and left" or something like that. Consumption was donw for the first time in years in the US. The economy is staggering and the housing market is in the dump.

Funny how drilling doesn't make the difference. Supply and DEMAND does. We demand less because we can't afford it, and the market responds.

Kath, you're pretty far from refineries if I'm not mistaken, so you have to understand why you are paying a bit more. Here in refinery-heavy NJ, we just saw our average dip below the 3.80's. I'd say your drop of 40 cents is pretty damn good though. We've only dropped about 20 cents since oil has droppped.

And @ Charles:

Yeah, I pretty much agree with you on what you said in your last post. This shouldn't be a partisan issue. This is serious business, and if there was ever a time for both sides to make a few concessions, this is the time, and this is the issue.

Treat the dollar better, and pursue something SERIOUSLY besides oil.

I do have to disagree with you on the 87.5% of oil expenses funding terrorism though.

I understand that, I don't think that it's the problem though, more likely IL/DuPage/Wheaton taxes. Sigh. 4.75 per DuPage, Wheaton 2.0 per gal. 6.75 IL per gal.

Funny how drilling doesn't make the difference. Supply and DEMAND does. We demand less because we can't afford it, and the market responds.

Then there is the one poster that gives bush the credit for lowering oil prices by lifting the off shore ban. I guess I okay with that lie though. As terrible as he has been, he needs any prop (even the false ones) that he can get.

If you understand Supply and Demand you have to understand that drilling for more oil will indeed also effect the equation.

See people keep saying drilling will not lower the price, and that may be true, but only because demand will keep rising in places like China and India. What they are ignoring though, is that drilling will mean more oil, and there for at the very least, will slow the rise of prices.

But Charles, you are pretending that the oil companies will not want a profit. They will certainly slow down production to boost their bottom lines.

But Charles, you are pretending that the oil companies will not want a profit. They will certainly slow down production to boost their bottom lines.

I have just a bit more faith in the market then you, I guess. Oil companies will no doubt want a profit, but how long can they really keep the price high, especially if the price of oil is dropping on the market?

I don't know about your local stations, but mine have been dropping their prices in correlation to the drop in crude lately. And so have others, according to this thread.

The price of crude drops 10% and the price of gas drops only about 4%.

Sup wid dat?

I have just a bit more faith in the market then you, I guess. Oil companies will no doubt want a profit, but how long can they really keep the price high, especially if the price of oil is dropping on the market?

I don't know about your local stations, but mine have been dropping their prices in correlation to the drop in crude lately. And so have others, according to this thread.

Exactly, Besides No matter what we do, Gas is not going to come down a lot from where it is now. I mean it is not going to go back to less than 2 bucks a gallon no matter what we do. SO the oil companies will still be making plenty of money, and would only make less by cutting back production. Because people will just use less again.

I feel the same way about OPEC nations. I am aware in the past they have cut production to raise prices, but today Demand is rising so fast around the world. I think there is much less danger of that. Just because we start producing more, does not mean they will cut production, because no matter how much more we produce, it is not going to out pace the growth of Demand, in developing nations. OPEC will simply sell more Oil to them, as we buy less from them.

Besides this is not about prices for me, that is a side issue, The real issue is getting off of foreign oil. For 2 mains reasons. To stop sending so much money over seas, and keep it in our own economy, which will have the added benefit of cutting our overall trade Deficit. If you ask me those reasons are more than good enough to drill as much of our own oil as we can.

Even if the price of a barrel of OIL does not go down one cent, and the Price of Gas does not either. It will still benefit us greatly to be using our own oil instead of buying it from other nations. Just imagine how much better our economy would be doing if the 700 Billion dollars are year we spend on oil was staying in our economy instead of going over seas.

Last edited:
I read a quote somewhere, that I am trying to find, that one market expert said of the speculators "they just got up and left" or something like that. Consumption was down for the first time in years in the US. The economy is staggering and the housing market is in the dump.

I think they saw the writing on the wall that the gig was up. Bush lifted the executive order and the prices started dropping. I think if the congress would get their head out of their ass and lift the legislative order, the prices will drop more.

I think they saw the writing on the wall that the gig was up. Bush lifted the executive order and the prices started dropping. I think if the congress would get their head out of their ass and lift the legislative order, the prices will drop more.

The price dropped to $3.88 because demand is down. It has nothing to do with Bush.

Forum List

Back