Gas prices...

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
I just spent $97.30 filling up my vehicle with gasoline. I'm wondering... When Bush was President, there was much hell raised about the cost of gas and finger pointing towards Bush for not keeping gas prices low. They even investigated oil companies and blamed them for gouging. These days, nobody seems to care much what the price of gas is and there is no outcry against the President or anybody else because the gas prices are creeping up again. It's $3.55 a gallon in my little part of the world. What gives? Is the price of gas only an issue if the President is a Republican, if he's white, or if he is not a muslim? Discuss...:evil:

I just spent $97.30 filling up my vehicle with gasoline. I'm wondering... When Bush was President, there was much hell raised about the cost of gas and finger pointing towards Bush for not keeping gas prices low. They even investigated oil companies and blamed them for gouging. These days, nobody seems to care much what the price of gas is and there is no outcry against the President or anybody else because the gas prices are creeping up again. It's $3.55 a gallon in my little part of the world. What gives? Is the price of gas only an issue if the President is a Republican, if he's white, or if he is not a muslim? Discuss...:evil:

Don't worry. Bush is still to blame for the gas prices.

You sounds like a Racist according the Ravi definition of racist. Don't you know that anybody who criticizes Obama is a RACIST????

You sounds like a Racist according the Ravi definition of racist. Don't you know that anybody who criticizes Obama is a RACIST????

Call me anything you wish. I would rather be called when gas is back down to $.99 a gallon though...

Call me anything you wish. I would rather be called when gas is back down to $.99 a gallon though...

I'd like that too.

Try this:

back-to-the-future-car-dolorean.jpg

Don't worry. Bush is still to blame for the gas prices.

Of course Bush is to blame. Don't you guys know that Bush is to bleme for everything? Sheesh!!

But re what Obama is doing about it? He's doing pretty much what all presidents have done about it.

Jon Stewart explains it here:

An Energy-Independent Future - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 06/16/10 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Recycle. Eat lots of beans and have lots of cans available. You could always run a hose from the drivers seat.

The last time gasoline was $.99/gallon (1999), thousands of U.S. oil producers went out of business and hundreds of thousands lost jobs in that industry. In the years that followed, domestic oil production fell and imports rose dramatically.

Is this really what anyone wants?

Forum List

Back