gas prices....what is going on in your area?

I heard something on the news earlier today about how we could be looking at gasoline in the $5 to $6 dollar range by this summer.

If that comes to pass, this economy is never going to recover.

Ohh it will help the economy recover very nicely. However the people will not recover.

I guess our economic numbers will look much better now. Retail sales up and GDP up.

Interesting how reatil sales numbers usually include food and energy. And the numbers fronted for inflation usually do not.

Retail sales numbers and GDP are both being driven up by inflation. Adjusting for inflation, both are quite negligible.

I guess our economic numbers will look much better now. Retail sales up and GDP up.

Interesting how reatil sales numbers usually include food and energy. And the numbers fronted for inflation usually do not.

Retail sales numbers and GDP are both being driven up by inflation. Adjusting for inflation, both are quite negligible.

And food and energy price inflation is largely being driven by specualtion.

No, it's being driven by people putting inflated dollars into markets, in order to at least try to maintain some value.

Partially, but that's not the complete story.

Both are also affected by demand, especially as the third world develops, and governmeng regulations/manipulation of markets.. Food is especially vulnerable to the weather cycles as well.

Gas in my area seems to be hanging around the $3.19 mark. It'll go up to $3.24 and then drop back down to $3.19. It was $3.29 last week but came back down. It's a different price just about every day.

Now, here's my question. When old George W. was President everybody was bitching and moaning about gas prices. Doesn't seem to be any problem with it now that Obama is President. Is our bitching and moaning centered around who is President or the cost of gas? Hillary "the mouth" Clinton gave a blistering speech once about how Republicans were doing nothing to control the cost of gas and it would go down for certain if a Democrat was President.... Well, I'm waiting.

Was 3.13 down here in Florida yesterday. Today it 3.25, 3.39, depending on where you look.

Gotta love those ME assholes.
It has zero to do with the ME

That gas has already been bought and paid for at the lower price.

But they stick it to the consumer and raise prices based on current news.

And then make huge extra profits.

People don't seem to realize.

That it takes several months for oil to be shipped, refined, and then sold at the pumps. :doubt:

Umm..no.
Gas is sold in a complicated way.
Everything depends on the futures price not current cost.
The gas station owner pays only a few cents below what you pay...everyday.

No, it's being driven by people putting inflated dollars into markets, in order to at least try to maintain some value.

that is not value. Value is true growth.
"Growth" in numbers alone is not growth at all, when the USD is being inflated.

The rise in market and commodity prices is primarily in terms of a rapidly inflating currency.

i would advise gardens if you can....grow what you can...even if its just thinks like green beans etc....i would look for a spike in produce prices.....buy local.....that is gonna be the only way to do it

Forum List

Back