Gas Prices vs Obama/Democrats

Rewriting history again? When Obama took office gas was around $1.87 a gallon.
And the economy was imploding, we were on the verge of a deflationary spiral, and we were bleeding 800,000 jobs a month.

It's funny how you rubes always leave out that part of history.

Obama's policies have been to drive up oil prices, not down. That is what's relevant, not your partisan bickering for your Messiah

Obama/Democrats taking credit for their failures....:laugh:

In President Obama’s State of the Union preview, he touted low gas prices as an example of positive economic results. “America is now in a position to really turn the page,” he said and cited in part the fact that “gas prices have dropped.”

No doubt, the plunge in gas prices from $4 per gallon to just over $2 has benefited the economy. Drivers enjoy the cost savings at the pump each week; many families are saving upwards of $400 monthly in lowered fuel costs. Lower energy costs also bolster employment growth as goods can be produced less expensively. As transportation costs decline, retail prices decline as well.

But can the president claim credit for these savings? Not so much.

Private Sector Not Obama Created Lower Gas Prices
What policies affected the price of gasoline at the pump? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the price of gasoline a by-product of global oil trends, supply and demand, and commodity speculation on the world commodity exchanges? I really haven't heard of any policies engineered and enacted by Mr. Obama that can be associated with cheaper gasoline at the pump. Can someone clue me in if they have knowledge of such action by Mr. Obama? Thanks.

Will you libs please stop playing dumb you know damn well Obama's policies are anti oil, gas, and coal and we know you are lying.

Obama/Democrats taking credit for their failures....:laugh:

In President Obama’s State of the Union preview, he touted low gas prices as an example of positive economic results. “America is now in a position to really turn the page,” he said and cited in part the fact that “gas prices have dropped.”

No doubt, the plunge in gas prices from $4 per gallon to just over $2 has benefited the economy. Drivers enjoy the cost savings at the pump each week; many families are saving upwards of $400 monthly in lowered fuel costs. Lower energy costs also bolster employment growth as goods can be produced less expensively. As transportation costs decline, retail prices decline as well.

But can the president claim credit for these savings? Not so much.

Private Sector Not Obama Created Lower Gas Prices
What policies affected the price of gasoline at the pump? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't the price of gasoline a by-product of global oil trends, supply and demand, and commodity speculation on the world commodity exchanges? I really haven't heard of any policies engineered and enacted by Mr. Obama that can be associated with cheaper gasoline at the pump. Can someone clue me in if they have knowledge of such action by Mr. Obama? Thanks.

Will you libs please stop playing dumb you know damn well Obama's policies are anti oil, gas, and coal and we know you are lying.
I'm NOT a Liberal.

[
Uh... let me get this straight. You are positing that someone with experience in a particular sector of the economy actually knows nothing about that particular sector of the economy? You're goddamn right I'm all about "drill baby drill" you stupid fuck. It's how I pay my mortgage and the kid's college tuition.

Where in the fuck do you people come from anyway.

In Billy's case, his mommy's basement.

I'm just sayin.

Sadly, the entire push for energy efficient vehicles went well but today's studies have shown that people are happy with gas prices and going back to gas guzzling vehicles. We are a funny species.
That cycle has been repeated longer than Mr H has been caught up in the trees of energy markets while missing out on the forest.
It's called capitalism. When there is plenty of oil the price is cheap and people can afford the overkill. When there is less oil the price rises and people have to ditch the overkill and drive the Chevettes. This cycle has been going on since 1973.
One of the greatest ironies (hypocrisies) was the surge in SUV and Hummer sales while Gore was VP.
Obama sucks and should be impeached, convicted and exiled.
Obama supporters owe the rest of us reparations.

Sadly, the entire push for energy efficient vehicles went well but today's studies have shown that people are happy with gas prices and going back to gas guzzling vehicles. We are a funny species.
That cycle has been repeated longer than Mr H has been caught up in the trees of energy markets while missing out on the forest.
It's called capitalism. When there is plenty of oil the price is cheap and people can afford the overkill. When there is less oil the price rises and people have to ditch the overkill and drive the Chevettes. This cycle has been going on since 1973.
One of the greatest ironies (hypocrisies) was the surge in SUV and Hummer sales while Gore was VP.

I love how you always try to paint the President as his middle name hoping to scare small minds into thinking he is not American. Your noted, "Mr. H" says it all.

You go on to ignore my post and say that people buy gas guzzlers when the price of gas is down because of Capitalism. If I was you, I would NOT have stated that. You are basically owning one of the many flaws in Capitalism like you are proud of it. When you get on my level you recognize all the resources are limited and it's absolutely impossible to keep living the way we are, it's not even in question and on all levels. The only question is when do we do something about it.

I'm guessing you are still fixated on gas at this point even when someone made a car engine that ran on a magnet system using common forces to force the engine over. (He disappeared along with his geo metro)

"Obama sucks and should be impeached, convicted and exiled." ~ Every politician is dirty. If you think Obama is a special kind of dirty then explain why he is more dirty than other politicians and prove it's not a race or religion thing lol. *small brains are fun to poke*

Last edited:

I love how you always try to paint the President as his middle name hoping to scare small minds into thinking he is not American. Your noted, "Mr. H" says it all.

You go on to ignore my post and say that people buy gas guzzlers when the price of gas is down because of Capitalism. If I was you, I would NOT have stated that. You are basically owning one of the many flaws in Capitalism like you are proud of it. When you get on my level you recognize all the resources are limited and it's absolutely impossible to keep living the way we are, it's not even in question and on all levels. The only question is when do we do something about it.

I'm guessing you are still fixated on gas at this point even when someone made a car engine that ran on a magnet system using common forces to force the engine over. (He disappeared along with his geo metro)

"Obama sucks and should be impeached, convicted and exiled." ~ Every politician is dirty. If you think Obama is a special kind of dirty then explain why he is more dirty than other politicians and prove it's not a race or religion thing lol. *small brains are fun to poke*
Any one who thinks perpetual motion is possible is a pea brain and Don't under stand the laws of thermodynamic s

Why U.S. oil production is booming under Obama s watch - Jan. 28 2015
Under Obama, the steady drop in U.S. oil production which had occurred virtually unchecked since 1971 has been reversed. Crude oil production has risen every year of his administration. It has jumped 72% since he took office, producing about 3.6 million additional barrels a day during that time.
Oil production has grown so much that last summer the nation caught and passed Saudi Arabia as the world's largest oil producer. Before Obama leaves office, domestic oil production could top the U.S. record set in 1970.
Jeez...that useless Obama can't even get his dastardly plan of destroying the US oil industry right.
What a failure!

Dude, you're a partisan hack slobbering all over your little tin god.

Wipe Obammy's jizz off your chin and try to post something rational, for once.

Mr H is a poster on this forum. You are the one bringing race and religion into the conversation so look to yourself. I said nothing condoning the return to SUV's when prices are low. I only made the observation.
Obama has depleted my budget by his energy design and has made this country and this world a much more fractured place all the while putting himself above it all. That is why he needs to be removed and his supporters chastised.

Forum List

Back