Gas prices up 20 cents in 2 days

And still big oil rakes in massive profit.

Funny thing...I still commute surrounded by SUVs with a single occupant.

Keep bitching, but don't do anything about it.

Yeah that profits thing really get's in the way. Ten cents a gallon profit for the oil company is just criminal.

But, I bet you never complained about the amount of taxes taken in on a gallon of fuel.

The United States military uses more fuel than all of the USA. How much tax do they pay on their gallons per%?

And still big oil rakes in massive profit.

Funny thing...I still commute surrounded by SUVs with a single occupant.

Keep bitching, but don't do anything about it.

Yeah that profits thing really get's in the way. Ten cents a gallon profit for the oil company is just criminal.

But, I bet you never complained about the amount of taxes taken in on a gallon of fuel.

The United States military uses more fuel than all of the USA. How much tax do they pay on their gallons per%?
Obama makes them pay even more.. for bio fuel. 15 bucks a gallon Institute for Energy Research | Navy Buys Fuel at $15 per Gallon: They Should Read IER

So Friday gas was $3.45, today it was $3.79 at Kroger and $3.94 next door at QT.

Lucky for the American people, we're not as dependent on fossil fuels as we were 4 years ago.

Sure we are not. How much different is it today than four years ago?
:drillsergeant:
The US Department of Defense (DoD) is the largest oil consuming government body in the US and in the world

“Military fuel consumption makes the Department of Defense the single largest consumer of petroleum in the U.S”
:tank:
The US military is the biggest purchaser of oil in the world.

In 1999 Almanac edition of the Defense Logistic Agency’s news magazine Dimensions it was stated that the DESC “purchases more light refined petroleum product than any other single organization or country in the world. With a $3.5 billion annual budget, DESC procures nearly 100 million barrels of petroleum products each year. That's enough fuel for 1,000 cars to drive around the world 4,620 times.”

That budget increased a lot over the years. The US DoD spent $8.2 billion on energy in fiscal year 2004.

The US military oil consumption | Energy Bulletin

:salute:

Obama makes them pay even more.. for bio fuel. 15 bucks a gallon Institute for Energy Research | Navy Buys Fuel at $15 per Gallon: They Should Read IER

How much does it cost us to have our military defend foreign sources?

it is expensive now , but it will be cheaper in mass production, the air force has liguid coal,and now that they can use microbes to create methane, who knows. but the military is prepairing for a war in which alot of oil will not be available, soo they are looking at everything possible, including sea weed.
But several are nuclear powered.

$1.79 when Oblamer took office, after blaming Bush for high gas prices.

I would say more failure, but this is what he wants.

obama-gas.jpg

Just another excuse to raise gas prices...again.
And when the "crises" is over...let's see if the prices fall $.20 is less than a day. Something tells me...like...9,000 examples in recent history...it won't.

as teh dems say never let a crisis go to waste.

My husband and I work about 1 mile away....so that's really nice!!! I can't imagine people that have to drive 30 miles or more one way to work everyday!!!

I'm in Northern Ontario at the moment, $5.07 for the equivalency of a US gallon.....what are you folks complaining about?

Forum List

Back