Gas Prices over the past months

Rshermr

VIP Member
May 30, 2012
LaConner, WA
During the increases in the gas prices, all repubs were placing the blame on Obama. Odd, since in 2004 as prices got to around $4/gallon, the same repubs said that the president (Bush) could do nothing about gas prices. It was out of a presidents control, they said.
But this time, the repubs were all over gas price issues blaming this pres for making it happen. And they were on it as soon as prices started up.

Now, for the past 3 weeks or so, prices of gas have been falling. So, where are the repubs now? Should they not be praising the pres for lower gas prices?

Maybe it just slipped their mind.

Thanks to Bush pushing Ethanol, Off Shore Drilling & Fracking. Now Obama can act like he did it & seek the praise.

Thanks to Bush pushing Ethanol, Off Shore Drilling & Fracking. Now Obama can act like he did it & seek the praise.
Spoken like a true con. Not true, but great bobble head response. And, nothing to do with the statement.

In the summer of 2008, prices hit $4.12 on average, as opposed to this latest increase this year to $3.87. So what is your excuse then??
Quick, check with your tea party mentor, he can come up with an answer for you.

Sorry, don't intend to be insulting. I just hate dogma, and mindless regurgitation.

this_thread_again.jpg

Spoken like a true con. Not true, but great bobble head response. And, nothing to do with the statement.

In the summer of 2008, prices hit $4.12 on average, as opposed to this latest increase this year to $3.87. So what is your excuse then??

Sorry, don't intend to be insulting. I just hate dogma, and mindless regurgitation.

Guess who caused oil price to fall $112 the day it made it's all time high? - Booossshhh!!!

Guess who made oil price rise again? - Oooobamaaa!!!

Last edited:
Oil prices slide on economy fears...
:cool:
Oil prices hit a 17-month low on China slowdown fears
10 June`12 - Oil prices dropped to $98.06 in London - their lowest in 17-months on fears of waning economic growth in China.
US benchmark oil price was also lower, falling to 1.4% to $82 in early trade before recovering to $84.10. Brent crude bounced back in later trading to $99.47, but is still more than 25% below its March peak. The fall comes as traders bet on reduced demand from Chinese factories with eurozone woes adding extra pressure. However, the resulting lower fuel and raw material costs could lower bills for firms and households.

Saudi oil policy

The world's biggest exporter of crude oil, Saudi Arabia, started to scale back shipments in June. The lead member of the Opec oil cartel had been pumping more than 9.5 million barrels of oil a day for the past year in an attempt to offset hoarding by countries afraid that increased Middle East tensions might disrupt global supply. At its peak in April 2011 the world US benchmark West Texas Intermediate was trading at nearly $114 a barrel. Saudi policy had been to lower the price to approximately $100 per barrel.
Bear market

A fall of more than 20% from its peak price is often defined as a bear market. The sharp turnaround in oil prices has been mirrored by other commodity prices in recent months. Silver spot prices are down 23% to $1424 per troy ounce. Platinum prices have fallen 17%.

Gold, the traditional safe-haven for investors fleeing volatile stock markets and fragile banks, has fared better. It's down 14% at $1,586. The price of base metals, such as copper used in construction industries hit by the downturn in government spending and property markets around the world, is also down. The three-month benchmark contract traded in London has fallen 14% this year.

BBC News - Oil prices hit a 17-month low on China slowdown fears

Guess who caused oil price to fall $112 the day it made it's all time high? - Booossshhh!!!

Totally untrue. But so much like a con. Say it and believe it. To hell with any evidence.

During the increases in the gas prices, all repubs were placing the blame on Obama. Odd, since in 2004 as prices got to around $4/gallon, the same repubs said that the president (Bush) could do nothing about gas prices. It was out of a presidents control, they said.
But this time, the repubs were all over gas price issues blaming this pres for making it happen. And they were on it as soon as prices started up.

Now, for the past 3 weeks or so, prices of gas have been falling. So, where are the repubs now? Should they not be praising the pres for lower gas prices?

Let's see, my Tundra has a 26 gallon tank.

Gas is $3.30 here.

26 X 3.30 = $85.50 for a fill-up.

What's Obama's number. I'd like to call him and personally thank him for this miraculous accomplishment.

(fucking idiot)

Totally untrue. But so much like a con. Say it and believe it. To hell with any evidence.

It is customary, when calling someone a liar, to include facts supporting that claim. Merely saying it is typical behavior of Conservatives is not sufficient.

President Bush had a big surprise waiting for crude oil speculators on Monday July 14th 2008. Bush lifted the Executive Order banning drilling in the OCS & on that day crude oil fell & kept falling. Oil prices slid $112 from $147 to $35 & remained at those mid $30 lows until Obama took office.

COC2009.png
[/QUOTE]

Oil was $35 & gas Price was $1.83 when Obama took office. Then the asshole decides to use his administration to slow the growing production rate in order to drive up oil prices to pay back his cronie Wallstreet Banker buddies who bought him the presidency by contributing heavily to his campaign. Yes - Wallstreet Bankers own way fucking more oil & infrastructure than the oil companies do.

February 10, 2009 - Secretary Salazar announces he will delay the Bush Administration 5-year plan for oil and natural gas development on the U.S. Outer Continental Shelf for six months. He begins a “listening tour” in spite of the fact that the Bush Administration had already solicited public opinion on this plan.

Obamas Top Contributors that Bought his Presidency.
University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

oilspeculationchar.png

Offshore Areas Open for Drilling when President Obama Took Office
018656ca-5998-451b-bee6-089fa5cb774b.jpg

Offshore Areas Blocked for Drilling under President Obama’s OCS Plan
746a633d-29ba-4ae6-906d-a1a28262bbda.jpg

And (here) at $3.89 as opposed to $3.95 this a BARGAIN how? The idiocy we are supposed to be thrilled at the current Gas prices is absurd.

During the increases in the gas prices in 2004, all Democrats were placing the blame on Bush. Odd, since now gas prices got to around $4/gallon, the same Democrats said that the president (Obama) could do nothing about gas prices. It was out of a presidents control, they said.

As far as prices going down, they have stayed the same since the Memorial Day increase. So, we are still around the $4 a gallon mark, and we traveled this weekend and where we went, the prices were exactly the same as when we were there Memorial weekend.

Maybe your mind is slipping.

Latest increase, I thought you are claiming they went down? I paid $4.15 a gallon the most I ever paid, that was in May.

President Bush had a big surprise waiting for crude oil speculators on Monday July 14th 2008. Bush lifted the Executive Order banning drilling in the OCS & on that day crude oil fell & kept falling. Oil prices slid $112 from $147 to $35 & remained at those mid $30 lows until Obama took office.

COC2009.png

Oil was $35 & gas Price was $1.83 when Obama took office. Then the asshole decides to use his administration to slow the growing production rate in order to drive up oil prices to pay back his cronie Wallstreet Banker buddies who bought him the presidency by contributing heavily to his campaign. Yes - Wallstreet Bankers own way fucking more oil & infrastructure than the oil companies do.

February 10, 2009 - Secretary Salazar announces he will delay the Bush Administration 5-year plan for oil and natural gas development on the U.S. Outer Continental Shelf for six months. He begins a “listening tour” in spite of the fact that the Bush Administration had already solicited public opinion on this plan.

Obamas Top Contributors that Bought his Presidency.
University of California $1,648,685
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
Harvard University $878,164
Microsoft Corp $852,167
Google Inc $814,540
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
Sidley Austin LLP $600,298
Stanford University $595,716
WilmerHale LLP $550,668
Columbia University $547,852
Skadden, Arps et al $543,539
UBS AG $532,674
IBM Corp $532,372
General Electric $529,855
US Government $513,308
Morgan Stanley $512,232
Latham & Watkins $503,295

oilspeculationchar.png

Offshore Areas Open for Drilling when President Obama Took Office
018656ca-5998-451b-bee6-089fa5cb774b.jpg

Offshore Areas Blocked for Drilling under President Obama’s OCS Plan
746a633d-29ba-4ae6-906d-a1a28262bbda.jpg
[/QUOTE]

At first glance I thought the maps were depicting the location of ALL the 57 States, now I see it's merely Mr. Soetoro's assault on America's Energy Independence.

I'm still paying 3.50/60 a gallon for gas and I'm supposed to praise someone?
Jesus, Paulie, where the hell are you. I paid a buck less yesterday.

At any rate, sorry for your sorry state.
My point has little to do with what you pay today, but with the average price of gas and the change in that price over time. the average price has dropped about $.40 over the past two months and is still going down.

So, when prices went up, all the repub noise pieces started to heap blame on the pres. by the time the price had gone up a dime. Now, just crickets from them all.

So here you go, see if you can understand: I am not suggesting anyone should be happy about gas prices, or applauding the pres. Just wonder why if they attacked the pres for causing price increases, they do not praise him for price decreases.

Really, it is quite simple if you are not so intent on destroying the concept.

Latest increase, I thought you are claiming they went down? I paid $4.15 a gallon the most I ever paid, that was in May.
Jesus, Papa..., How the hell did you pay that much. Again, the average price for gasoline, nationally, is about $3.55. I paid a little less than that yesterday.
As I said to Paulie, I will say to you:

t any rate, sorry for your sorry state.
My point has little to do with what you pay today, but with the average price of gas and the change in that price over time. the average price has dropped about $.40 over the past two months and is still going down.

So, when prices went up, all the repub noise pieces started to heap blame on the pres. by the time the price had gone up a dime. Now, just crickets from them all.

So here you go, see if you can understand: I am not suggesting anyone should be happy about gas prices, or applauding the pres. Just wonder why if they attacked the pres for causing price increases, they do not praise him for price decreases.

Latest increase, I thought you are claiming they went down? I paid $4.15 a gallon the most Inever paid, that was in May.
Jesus, Papa..., How the hell did you pay that much. Again, the average price for gasoline, nationally, is about $3.55. I paid a little less than that yesterday.
As I said to Paulie, I will say to you:

t any rate, sorry for your sorry state.

I don't care what you say, the average price in my area is what it is I have traveled through four states and the lowest was $3.79 a gallon and has stayed the same for the last four months, I haven't seen the change.

In 2008, Democrats attacked Bush for high gas prices, and. When it dropped to 1.83 at the end of 2008 , the Dems were silent.

So let's see if you understand, gas prices are way to high, but why did Democrats blame Bush for high gas prices, and not praise him for the decreases, especially the $112 barrel drop in one day, yet they think Obama has no power or control over gas prices?

Really quite ironic that you ask the question.

Forum List

Back