Gas Prices May Decide Election After All

auditor0007

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, OH
As much as Republicans have tried blaming Obama for high gasoline prices, it would be quite ironic if it is the dropping gas prices that help put Obama over the top. By tomorrow, gas prices will plunge below the $3.00 mark in Toledo, and from everything I am reading, there is no end in site as prices are expected to continue on a downward spiral through Thanksgiving.

Toledo Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Ohio

yep....the travel season is over until Thanksgiving....Demand drops, price goes down.....president doesn't decide that either way.

Of course the President doesn't decide the gas prices.

However................try telling it to the rabid rw's who blame him everytime it goes over 4.00.

Most people that keep up on things would know that it's because they're switching over to a winter blend gas.....has nothing to do with Obama.

I agree...the blend change may drop the price 50 cents a gallon or more. People vote their pocketbooks and they will be fatter with a lower gas price. It could be just enough to put O pver the top. We will see...

As much as Republicans have tried blaming Obama for high gasoline prices, it would be quite ironic if it is the dropping gas prices that help put Obama over the top. By tomorrow, gas prices will plunge below the $3.00 mark in Toledo, and from everything I am reading, there is no end in site as prices are expected to continue on a downward spiral through Thanksgiving.

When Bush was in office he was solely responsible for gasoline prices
Now Obama is in office and when blamed for high gas prices his lemmings said Obama has nothing to do with the price at the pump.
Now it's being suggested that when prices fall right around election day Obama is going to get credit for lower prices at the pump.....

Am I in the middle of a nightmare with the Libs on the board here...
You can't make this shit up...

Now Obama is in office and when blamed for high gas prices his lemmings said Obama has nothing to do with the price at the pump.
Now it's being suggested that when prices fall right around election day Obama is going to get credit for lower prices at the pump.....

No one is giving credit to Obama for lower gas prices. What we said was if it takes $30 to fill your tank each week, instead of $40, you feel better about the economy. The unemployment rate in Ohio has dropped and gas prices are plummeting. Maybe Willard needs to pick another hammer to beat Obama with. "The Economy" hammer may be on shakey ground in Ohio.

The President has nothing to do with gas prices. The fact that they are dropping is due to the fact that they are changing back to the winter blend which is cheaper to refine, people drive less in winter so demand drops, and the simple fact that they are sitting on loads of excess inventory at the present time. My point is that despite this, many voters do blame the President for high gas prices, so when they come tumbling down, he is likely to get some credit and that plays in his favor.

It's not an argument that he should get credit for prices coming down, just an observation that it could play a big role in the outcome of the election, especially here in Ohio where prices are about to dip under $3.00 per gallon.

The President has nothing to do with gas prices. The fact that they are dropping is due to the fact that they are changing back to the winter blend which is cheaper to refine, people drive less in winter so demand drops, and the simple fact that they are sitting on loads of excess inventory at the present time. My point is that despite this, many voters do blame the President for high gas prices, so when they come tumbling down, he is likely to get some credit and that plays in his favor.

It's not an argument that he should get credit for prices coming down, just an observation that it could play a big role in the outcome of the election, especially here in Ohio where prices are about to dip under $3.00 per gallon.
There's a LOT that the president can do to both directly and indirectly affect gas prices.

Most people that keep up on things would know that it's because they're switching over to a winter blend gas.....has nothing to do with Obama.

thats just here in California.....aint it?....

I thought it was all over....why would they change to a different blend of gas in california when the temperature/weather is the same almost all year long? And actually, i don't really understand why it makes this kind of affect on the gas prices :)

If gas prices were the deciding factor, Mr Obama would lose.
Gas averaged about $1.78 when he took office and you are ecstatic about $3.00 now.
In fact, you call that a "plunge". How wise of you. :lol:

Gotta love it.

Gotta love it.

yes we do

Hypocrite Obama: It’s Not My Fault For High Gas Prices… Blame Bush | American Freedom

Auditor you know damn well democrats blamed Bush for gas prices.,.....now watch em squeal...NOW the President cant control it.....which I agree.....but liberals are so dishonest it's unbelievable

Forum List

Back