Gas Prices Higher in China than US, is that Speculators or Obama too?

Late2TheParty

Classical Liberal
Mar 15, 2011
China To Raise Fuel Prices - WSJ.com
and
China’s fuel price rise biggest for almost three years - FT.com

The owners of China’s expanding fleet of private cars will still barely blink at the record pump prices, now about 20 per cent higher than in the US and more than 50 per cent higher than Chinese rates of three years ago.

Here I thought it was, idk, stagnant supply and increasing demand. (Hint: In 1990, China had 1.1M cars and 160 miles of paved highway. Now it has 100M cars and 53,000 miles of paved highway.)

and

The owners of China’s expanding fleet of private cars will still barely blink at the record pump prices, now about 20 per cent higher than in the US and more than 50 per cent higher than Chinese rates of three years ago.

Here I thought it was, idk, stagnant supply and increasing demand. (Hint: In 1990, China had 1.1M cars and 160 miles of paved highway. Now it has 100M cars and 53,000 miles of paved highway.)

Ron Paul supporters who understand private bankers own and control the corrupt Federal Reserve also own the multinational banks and oil companies. They aren't just American bankers that own just America. They are taking over the world. And they now own Iraq's oil. Who's next? Iran?

You righties need to realize that the rich don't just own America, they own the world.

When the government owns every aspect of its petroleum industry, they can set prices where they want them. It's what the lefties want to see done in the U.S.

Last edited:
The Chinese will always be able to outbid us for gas and oil, no matter where the prices go.

After all, they're playing with our money.

You know the avg Chinese consumer with a car earns much less than the avg American, right?:doubt:

When the government ownes every aspect of its petroleum industry, they can set prices where they want them. It's what the lefties want to see done in the U.S.

Odd because all i see are righties screaming they want Government ( obama ) to do something about the high prices and blame him for it.

Not this rightie. Those who blame Obama are seriously misunderstanding the petro markets. I even cringe when the GOP candidates lambast Obama for high crude oil and gasoline prices. Conversely, I loathe liberals who once blamed Bush for the same.

I argue for more domestic drilling and production because it will keep our oil dollars within our own borders, reduce imports, improve the balance of payments, contribute to the GDP, employ the unemployed, bring more tax dollars to the U.S. Treasury as well as State and Local governments, increase royalties to farmers and municipalities, and strengthen the Dollar.

The reason speculators are willing to risk capital by investing in oil futures is simply because the president has shown that he is interested in keeping gas prices high in order to force his energy agenda on the US.

and

Ron Paul supporters who understand private bankers own and control the corrupt Federal Reserve also own the multinational banks and oil companies. They aren't just American bankers that own just America. They are taking over the world. And they now own Iraq's oil. Who's next? Iran?

You righties need to realize that the rich don't just own America, they own the world.

China is owned by bankers, right. :cuckoo:

Odd because all i see are righties screaming they want Government ( obama ) to do something about the high prices and blame him for it.

Not this rightie. Those who blame Obama are seriously misunderstanding the petro markets. I even cringe when the GOP candidates lambast Obama for high crude oil and gasoline prices. Conversely, I loathe liberals who once blamed Bush for the same.

I argue for more domestic drilling and production because it will keep our oil dollars within our own borders, reduce imports, improve the balance of payments, contribute to the GDP, employ the unemployed, bring more tax dollars to the U.S. Treasury as well as State and Local governments, increase royalties to farmers and municipalities, and strengthen the Dollar.
you realize importing is down under Obama by 10%, Drilling has expanded also.

You do realize this right?
Of course I do. I'm not blind. This is good from the standpoints that I mentioned, but it's probably not so good because domestic demand is down due to the lousy economy.

Is credit due Obama? I think not. Nor do I care about such politics. However, I do care about giving credit where credit is due. And the credit here lies with the people who are spending the money, doing the drilling, employing the people, taking the risk... all to put more domestically produced oil and natural gas onto the domestic market.

These people are doing what they do best, and the price of the commodity- oil- is the prime mover. Additionally, the taxing treatment that affects their revenues is a huge motivator just as it is for every other industry in this country... deduct expenses in order to reduce taxable income. That's what Intangible Drilling costs are. And Depreciation allowances. And Manufacturer's Tax Credits. These are all mechanisms not by which the government grants special preferences- but by which the government takes LESS of that which is not thiers to begin with.

For some reason the oil and gas industries are continually singled out for punitive treatment under the tax code. Unlike the Apple Corporation who is allowed to deduct their costs of doing business under the same vein. They depreciate, they deduct, they take manufacturer's credits. Just the same as oil and gas.

When the government owns every aspect of its petroleum industry, they can set prices where they want them. It's what the lefties want to see done in the U.S.
actually thats what the right would like to see done. since all of the GOP candidates have made promises of lower gas prices. Obama hasnt put in any cost controls for oil and gas. he is simply letting the free market do its work. i thought the right would appreciate that.

The reason speculators are willing to risk capital by investing in oil futures is simply because the president has shown that he is interested in keeping gas prices high in order to force his energy agenda on the US.

Is that what Bush did in 2008?

and

............................................ :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back