Gas prices are going up again

My gas station just said gas going up tomorrow 40 cents a gallon. Ready to go back to the bush era?

2001~2007 $1.80 gallon.

What else is new silly boo boo don't pay attention to the news... BTW this thread was started 2010....

What about right before the bush great recession? You think it played a part?

Anyways I just heard Republican Rick Snyder just slapped us with a new gas tax to pay for the roads. Meanwhile he's giving his buddies tax breaks and telling us we don't have the money so he has to raise our taxes.

You people really are dumb
They did the same shit here in jersey 2 months ago. They raised gas tax 23 cents and the "compromise" was killing the estate tax and lowering the sales tax a whopping 1/2 percent. A bunch of fucking bullshit that helps zero people in the middle class
Middle class people who vote Republican are such idiots. You watch they will defend raising our taxes. They'll say the rich pay too much already and cry class warfare as they shift the tax burden more on us
Well in my state the gas tax increase was proposed by the democrats who control the legislature. The compromise the republicans, including Chris Christie, made was to get the estate tax dropped and the sales tax decreased
What compromise is that?

2001~2007 $1.80 gallon.

What else is new silly boo boo don't pay attention to the news... BTW this thread was started 2010....

Anyways I just heard Republican Rick Snyder just slapped us with a new gas tax to pay for the roads. Meanwhile he's giving his buddies tax breaks and telling us we don't have the money so he has to raise our taxes.

They did the same shit here in jersey 2 months ago. They raised gas tax 23 cents and the "compromise" was killing the estate tax and lowering the sales tax a whopping 1/2 percent. A bunch of fucking bullshit that helps zero people in the middle class
Middle class people who vote Republican are such idiots. You watch they will defend raising our taxes. They'll say the rich pay too much already and cry class warfare as they shift the tax burden more on us
Well in my state the gas tax increase was proposed by the democrats who control the legislature. The compromise the republicans, including Chris Christie, made was to get the estate tax dropped and the sales tax decreased
What compromise is that?
I just explained it. The republicans gave the dems the votes they needed (and the signature on the bill from Christie) to pass the gas tax in exchange for getting rid of the estate tax and lowering the sales tax

Keep your eyes on rig count and pipeline miles. As they increase, non-tax price at the pump will go down. But state contributions will make a huge difference in who gets the most infrastructure money so expect taxes to increase at the pump.

What compromise is that?
I just explained it. The republicans gave the dems the votes they needed (and the signature on the bill from Christie) to pass the gas tax in exchange for getting rid of the estate tax and lowering the sales tax
How come you understand this but then don't understand that's how Republicans got Clinton to sign NAFTA?

If Christie was a democrat you'd put the tax all on him.

Well in Michigan we have an all Republican government and the republicans raised our taxes. Can't blame Democrats here.

What compromise is that?
How come you understand this but then don't understand that's how Republicans got Clinton to sign NAFTA?

Well in Michigan we have an all Republican government and the republicans raised our taxes. Can't blame Democrats here.
Bro I DONT understand it. I didn't support this shit at all. Nobody who's not rich supported this. You gotta stop looking at politics in black and white like only one party does a certain thing and only the other party does another thing. Both parties will raise taxes based on political convenience. If you think the democrats have your best interest at heart anymore than republicans do I feel sorry for you

Expect gas prices to steadily go up. Current gas prices show an unhealthy economy and it'll go back to normal (around $3 a gallon) once the economy gets rolling again. Lets add into the equation how gas station owners will slowly have to save up for EMV credit card readers to install by 2020 which is a pricey transition since gas pumps will have to be dug into and replaced completely at most places.

I see gas station owners raising gas prices by about $.50 a gallon just so they can pay for those new pumps and readers in 2020. Gotta start saving now because their current profits aren't nearly enough to cover those costs. I also see the feds raising gas station taxes by a ton in order to help pay for Trump's infrastructure proposal.

What compromise is that?

Bro I DONT understand it. I didn't support this shit at all. Nobody who's not rich supported this. You gotta stop looking at politics in black and white like only one party does a certain thing and only the other party does another thing. Both parties will raise taxes based on political convenience. If you think the democrats have your best interest at heart anymore than republicans do I feel sorry for you
I know Democrats will raise taxes and add to the debt. The thing I'm trying to point out is so will the GOP.

The question is why do Republicans defend Republicans when they raise taxes?

New Topics

Forum List

Back