Gas prices are going up again

bigrebnc1775

][][][% NC Sheepdog
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
Yesterday here in North Carolina I saw the price of regular unleaded gas at $2.91 What will happen next because of the rise in gas prices? Thats right food prices will rise the economy will sink.

Record Foodstamp Usage
SNAP%20November.jpg

Last edited:
It's amazing that the prices stayed so low the last couple of years. It makes one wonder what is really controlling the price in this country.:eusa_whistle:

Gas is around $10 a gal in Germany......wonder why?

Well I don't really wonder....but I'm wondering if anyone has figured it out.

Yesterday here in North Carolina I saw the price of regular unleaded gas at $2.91 What will happen next because of the rise in gas prices? Thats right food prices will rise the economy will sink.

Heating oil's gone up 50 cents ($2.91) since I filled the tank on October.

When you're buying 275 gallons at a time, that half buck per gallon adds up pretty fast.

Do recall that this current depression directly preceded the last outragous gouging we went through.

If we have another run-up like that one, whatever progress we've made in shoring up the economy will go down the crapper.

When you're buying 275 gallons at a time, that half buck per gallon adds up pretty fast.

Do recall that this current depression directly preceded the last outragous gouging we went through.

If we have another run-up like that one, whatever progress we've made in shoring up the economy will go down the crapper.

yep exactly.

It's amazing that the prices stayed so low the last couple of years. It makes one wonder what is really controlling the price in this country.:eusa_whistle:

I have noticed that fuel prices would go up and then fall back down, in the past. Now Fuel prices do not do that anymore. They stay where they are for a short time and climb higher.

And the government keeps trying to tell us that there is not an inflation problem.

We are headed towards Carteresque Stagflation, which is the economically logical result of Obamanomics.

And the government keeps trying to tell us that there is not an inflation problem.

We are headed towards Carteresque Stagflation, which is the economically logical result of Obamanomics.

Or worse.

Since 1929, the American Economic Boogyman has been DEflation, not inflation.

Obamanomics (Printing Trillion$ and giving it away) will set the tone for Inflation, the likes of which Americans have never experienced.

Or worse.

Obamanomics (Printing Trillion$ and giving it away) will set the tone for Inflation, the likes of which Americans have never experienced.

He'll just blame it all on the Republicans.

Or worse.

And the Feds will keep telling us there is no inflation, and will not index the tax tables to real inflation. This is the game to expand taxes on the broad working middle class.

Or worse.

And the Feds will keep telling us there is no inflation, and will not index the tax tables to real inflation. This is the game to expand taxes on the broad working middle class.

Not only the Feds......Those of us who own property (I don't mean those living in their parent's basements, celebrating their 28th birthday, and attending their 20th semester at Karl Marx University).......

...PROPERTY OWNERS will note that the local appraisals are very slow to decline, but extraordinarily swift to increase

Let me guess mudwhistle. Democrats?

It's about the same in the UK. I can't muster up a whole hell of a lot of sympathy for Americans on gas prices.

Let me guess mudwhistle. Democrats?

Taxes. So, yea.... it's what we would call 'big government'.

I assume heating oil is like propane, which goes up in price every winter as demand peaks. It then falls in price every spring as demand subsides.

The propane company, tho, schedules deliveries so it is difficult for you to but it when it is cheap and avoid buying it when it is pricey. I haven't yet figured out if they game us. But they make it hard to do what I would like to do which is buy when it is cheap therefore regulating demand closer toward a constant.

Or worse.

Well deflation actually is more dangerous than inflation.

Inflation is a systemic element of our currency system.

If you don't like inflation kill the fed, if you don't, or won't kill the fed then blaming Obama, or anybody else, is counterproductive.

If you really mean it when you say you don't want an inflationary system then don't cloud the pool with useless partisan distractions. Keep people focused on the real cause in the hopes that they will actually do something, other than just whining.

Forum List

Back