Gas over 4 bucks a gallon again

Zxereus

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2012
May be less where some of you are, but it's risen about 60 cents where I am and now going over the four dollar mark for regular unleaded.

God I'm so sick of this lousy ass economy!

May be less where some of you are, but it's risen about 60 cents where I am and now going over the four dollar mark for regular unleaded.

Wait..look over there.. Mitt Romney hasn't shown his tax returns and there's a really stupid republican out in Missouri. Gas prices? Food prices? Not when there are really important things to obfuscate a record with.

But..........oil companies are private sector businesses. Why are right wingers pissed at them? They are simply "raising taxes" on their customers. Isn't that how a business is run? Maximize profits at any cost? Thats all they're doing. They should be praised.

Wait..look over there.. Mitt Romney hasn't shown his tax returns and there's a really stupid republican out in Missouri. Gas prices? Food prices? Not when there are really important things to obfuscate a record with.

You don't expect them to focus on anything important, do you?

Not possible. libtards here said gas would NEVER go that high in an election year...:eusa_whistle:

Not possible. libtards here said gas would NEVER go that high in an election year...:eusa_whistle:

Watch for a another release from the strategic oil supply to try to drop prices before the election rather than the sensible thing of lifting ethanol standards.

Watch for a another release from the strategic oil supply to try to drop prices before the election rather than the sensible thing of lifting ethanol standards.

And then he'll call a press conference and pound on his chest about how wonderful he is and how he did it for us when it's a proven fact it does little to lower prices and just draws down the reserves.

This gas price problem can be fixed very easily. Ask the oil companies to stop trying to maximize their profits. Tell them the following:

1- People in the US are basically forced to consume energy through cars, air conditioning, cooking
2- Because of that, we really dont have much choice but paying for it
3- Thus, raising their prices is just like raising taxes
4- They are a business, not a government
5- They should treat the citizens the way we want our government to treat citizens and STOP RAISING TAXES (in this case, their prices)

Will the private sector gas companies abide by our requests and run their business like a government by not raising taxes (prices)?

This gas price problem can be fixed very easily. Ask the oil companies to stop trying to maximize their profits. Tell them the following:

1- People in the US are basically forced to consume energy through cars, air conditioning, cooking
5- They should treat the citizens the way we want our government to treat citizens and STOP RAISING TAXES (in this case, their prices)

Will the private sector gas companies abide by our requests and run their business like a government by not raising taxes (prices)?

Which oil company controls the world prices?

Idiot.............

Lift ethanol?

We would use 10% more gas from oil.
And ethanol costs less than gas.
You would pay more becuase of increased demand for oil as well.

Lift ethanol?

Ethanol lowers you per mile avg.

So we now burn more fuel..

Fucking brilliant...........

Lift ethanol?

Ethanol lowers you per mile avg.

So we now burn more fuel..

Fucking brilliant...........

Ahh the profanity really makes you look smart?

In any case removing 10% ethanol will not increase mileage by 10%.

Look around you on the roads. Every vehicle over 1000 kg is stealing energy and money from you. America's over consumption is the cause of high prices. If Stupid Useless Vehicles hadn't been so widely employed, there would be more employment, less pollution and lower energy prices. Just like the Congress people have chosen to put in power and keep there, choices of ridiculous vehicles has sentenced everyone to suffer.
Of course, no one wants to hear that there are consequences of choice.

Which oil company controls the world prices?

Idiot.............

None of them. But they control the price at their own pumps, like Exxon, Shell, etc.

Of course...to maximize profits, they go by the world price. But they dont HAVE to maximize profits. They just do it. They should run their business the way we WANT govt to run now: Stop raising the prices (taxes) on it's customers.

Right?

If gas could get above $6.00 a gallon by election day, we'll all be better off.

ECONOMY Updated August 10, 2012, 6:25 p.m. ET
Midwest Drought Hits Gas Pump

The increase in ethanol prices helped spark a 16-cent jump in the national average gasoline price in July—the biggest increase for that month on record—to $3.45 per gallon. Four cents of that increase are attributable to ethanol, said Michael Green, spokesman for the American Automobile Association, a consumer travel group.

"If ethanol prices had not increased as a result of the drought, there would not have been a record increase in the price of gasoline for July," Mr. Green said.

For the overall economy, the increases in ethanol and gasoline prices come at a bad time for a nation trying to work its way out of an economic slowdown.

The normal household spends about 4% of its income on gasoline and fuel, according to federal Bureau of Economic Analysis. Every few extra cents spent on gasoline is money not spent in the wider economy, said Richard Hastings, macroeconomic analyst at Global Hunter Securities.

"I would definitely be concerned about the prolonged, elevated nature of gasoline and energy spending," Mr. Hastings said. "It's impacting the spending on the service economy."

Back at the gasoline pump, crude oil prices, which rose in July and account for 62% of the cost of gasoline, do have a bigger impact on overall prices than ethanol does. So do refinery outages. A fire at Chevron Corp.'s refinery in Richmond, Calif., Monday raised the spot price of gasoline in the San Francisco Bay area by as much as 35 cents during the week.

But the severity of the drought and the resulting rise in corn prices could start to hit harder at the pump. If corn prices remain at current levels, ethanol prices could rise another 20 cents to $2.80 a gallon, said Michael McDougall, senior director at brokerage firm Newedge.
Gasoline Prices Rise as Drought Weighs on Ethanol - WSJ.com

Forum List

Back