Gas is $3.13 a gallon and things are starting to turn around

BallsBrunswick

Fair and Balanced
Sep 23, 2012
Spoiler Alert: They're all crazy
I was shocked to pull into the pump tonight and see that gas prices are continuing to fall dramatically. These are the lowest gas prices I've seen in years which is fantastic. As the price of gasoline and diesel goes, so goes our economy. I realize that gas prices are predicated upon OPEC set pricing and the strength of the US dollar but I take this as a great sign of an economy positive turn.

Also, my family just started a new business and have been surprisingly making a lot of money quickly instead of struggling to build it like in past economic climates. In our industry there has been an influx of money and prospects over the last year that we haven't seen in the last decade.

I'm feeling very positive about an economic turn around.

Tell that to the countless people losing their jobs. Tell that to the middle class who are constantly being downgraded to "poor". Congrats to your family though.

A production business. We used to have a family business for 30+ in the production/entertainment field but the recession wiped that out, luckily we got out before it financially fucked us and my parents were able to retire. However, they've been bored in retirement and with the things starting to get better they decided to start a small independent production company because of a a void in the industry here in Seattle.

I personally am an independent contractor in the entertainment industry.

$3.53 is the cheapest I have seen in my area in Massachusetts. I am not feeling the optimism. I am watching stocks and real estate and of course my own business and I not getting any optimistic indications.

Happy for anyone who is seeing success however.

Forum List

Back