Gas Headed Back To $2.00 Per Gallon?

For whatever reason, they are going down. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. We can't control it when they go up. We don't control it when they go down. Just roll with the punches and enjoy the theoretical savings.

This of course is what i called all along about 2 years ago. Gas was $1.75 and was quickly rising. It shot straight past $2 and on to $3. So everyone is used to seeing $3 now and when they see $2.xx, they feel more relieved. the lower it goes the better it feels despite the fact that gas was $1.xx not that long ago.

For whatever reason, they are going down. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. We can't control it when they go up. We don't control it when they go down. Just roll with the punches and enjoy the theoretical savings.

This of course is what i called all along about 2 years ago. Gas was $1.75 and was quickly rising. It shot straight past $2 and on to $3. So everyone is used to seeing $3 now and when they see $2.xx, they feel more relieved. the lower it goes the better it feels despite the fact that gas was $1.xx not that long ago.

Then again, 3 years ago, I paid .99 per gallon. Granted, it was a short window, but real.

Sure that’s what it says on page three in the book Economics 101.

I’m reading chapter 12 of the corporate bible “Manipulation of markets and consumer demand to insure maximum shareholder and corporate profits”.

Bet ya never saw that book, did ya?

Any proof?

This morning I saw an Exxon station with gas at $2.33/gal

The libs and Bush haters do not enjoy seeing the shifting economic and political tide

Then again, 3 years ago, I paid .99 per gallon. Granted, it was a short window, but real.

when i got my license almost 10 years ago (God, I am getting old...) I filled up my '89 Tempo for like .79c a gallon.

My dad could fill his 1/2 ton truck, our boat, 2 ATV's (or sleds depending on season) the lawnmower (or snowblower), and my brother's dirt bike, all for the same cost it now takes just to fill his truck by itself.

The reason that gas prices are going down is that a new deposit has been found in the Gulf of Mexico. New technology has allowed an off shore well, 175 miles from shore, to drill in deep water, then over 5 miles into the earth. It's relatively expensive, and not cost effective unless crude is about $65/ bbl, but with this new deposit America's proven oil reserves has just increased by 50%. Hence the run on oil stocks.

So unless we subject OPEC oil to a high tariff, those kings and dictators will simply lower the crude cost to make this new deposit uneconomical.

Gas should be about $5. This should be accomplished by a high tariff on OPEC, with accompanying tax rebates to motorists, making the system revenue neutral.

Look, I'm about as conservative as they come, and I'm loathe to "social engineer" through taxes and legislation. But we are at war, and we are giving our enemies the resources (money) they need to fight us. We should make every effort to become energy independent and starve out the Arabs and Chavezes of the world.

The reason that gas prices are going down is that a new deposit has been found in the Gulf of Mexico. New technology has allowed an off shore well, 175 miles from shore, to drill in deep water, then over 5 miles into the earth. It's relatively expensive, and not cost effective unless crude is about $65/ bbl, but with this new deposit America's proven oil reserves has just increased by 50%. Hence the run on oil stocks.

So unless we subject OPEC oil to a high tariff, those kings and dictators will simply lower the crude cost to make this new deposit uneconomical.

Gas should be about $5. This should be accomplished by a high tariff on OPEC, with accompanying tax rebates to motorists, making the system revenue neutral.

Look, I'm about as conservative as they come, and I'm loathe to "social engineer" through taxes and legislation. But we are at war, and we are giving our enemies the resources (money) they need to fight us. We should make every effort to become energy independent and starve out the Arabs and Chavezes of the world.

Most of our oil comes from Canada. If we started selling some domestic brews and kicked Citgo to the curb, we'd be set.

So how old are ya now, a creeky 26 maybe? Boy you ARE OLD!:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

yeah...actually 26 in a little over 2 weeks... :tears1:

I was kinda depressed when I turned 15 because I was officially halfway to 30...depressed when I turned 20 (halfway to 40)...last year I was depressed because I was halfway to 50...

my oldest younger sister started college last week...my other younger sister is turning 14...my youngest brother will get his license this winter... Ben is already 4 1/2 months old...Nathan started pre-school today... why can't time stand still for a year or 2?

yeah...actually 26 in a little over 2 weeks... :tears1:

I was kinda depressed when I turned 15 because I was officially halfway to 30...depressed when I turned 20 (halfway to 40)...last year I was depressed because I was halfway to 50...

my oldest younger sister started college last week...my other younger sister is turning 14...my youngest brother will get his license this winter... Ben is already 4 1/2 months old...Nathan started pre-school today... why can't time stand still for a year or 2?

Well your already a quarter of the way to 100. So cry about that too. :tears1: ;)

Where I live, gas is now $2.37/gal

It is $1.02/gal from it all time high.

The left is now screaming it is all a conspiracy to help Republicans. It is stunning to watch libs try to spin good economic news

Where I live, gas is now $2.37/gal

It is $1.02/gal from it all time high.

The left is now screaming it is all a conspiracy to help Republicans. It is stunning to watch libs try to spin good economic news

In two states it's below $2 per gal. Not in IL. :rolleyes: I was excited to fill up at $2.71. Still the lowest I've seen in 3 days.

In two states it's below $2 per gal. Not in IL. :rolleyes: I was excited to fill up at $2.71. Still the lowest I've seen in 3 days.

It continues to drop like a rock here in PA

The local paper has a blog for Letters to the Editior, and the kook libs in the area (there are very few of them thank God) are bellowing how the oil company President and VP are making the price drop for the November election.

Libs bash Bush over high prices, but do not give any credit to him when they drop.

I believe these clowns would love to see $4/gal gas so they could get their political power back.

The last few months has brought so much good economic news, and the libs are miserable over it.

Forum List

Back