Gas $1.55 a gallon

What I was referring to, for your edification, is that it is IDIOTIC to say that you have to "stay the course", or "drill baby drill", without exploring other alternatives.

You.......both of you........have been clinging to oil like it's the only thing.

Expand your horizons, you'll be much happier.

What I was referring to, for your edification, is that it is IDIOTIC to say that you have to "stay the course", or "drill baby drill", without exploring other alternatives.

You.......both of you........have been clinging to oil like it's the only thing.

total bullshit
my position has always been to drill now where we can, AND look for alternatives

What alternatives Dive Can't? I've yet to hear you talk about anything other than nuclear and oil.
really?

guess you've missed my many posts on hydrogen fuel cells
solar, wind and hydro

and if you have another viable alternative, go for it

i'm for any alternative thats viable and gets us off imported oil

btw, we have liberals up here tearing down hydro dams

Last edited:

No conservative that I know, certainly not me, is claiming that oil is the only alternative. I've been touting nukes and natural gas as well. I'd also like to see windmills not just in view of Teddy Kennedy's family compound, but right on top of that fucker's house. I'd also like to see you loony liberals put your money where your mouth is and tell us what the economic and environmental impact is of putting wind and sea mills, as well as all those PV cells in place, and making a direct comparison with real alternatives like oil, gas and nuclear. :eusa_whistle:

No conservative that I know, certainly not me, is claiming that oil is the only alternative. I've been touting nukes and natural gas as well. I'd also like to see windmills not just in view of Teddy Kennedy's family compound, but right on top of that fucker's house. I'd also like to see you loony liberals put your money where your mouth is and tell us what the economic and environmental impact is of putting wind and sea mills, as well as all those PV cells in place, and making a direct comparison with real alternatives like oil, gas and nuclear. :eusa_whistle:

Wind is a real alternative.

The Danes already get 20% of their energy from wind.

Wind is a real alternative.

The Danes already get 20% of their energy from wind.
So put up or shut up I say. First in Teddy Kennedy's back yard. The liberals defeated a proposal in Boone, NC last year as well "because it would look ugly". So they'll just keeping using power generated from a coal plant that's too far away for them to see. :eusa_hand:

A Philadelphia-based company may capitalize on North Carolina's bounty of poultry poop for one of the nation's first chicken-powered electric plants.

The state's top two broiler-producing counties, Wilkes and Union, are among a number of locations Fibrowatt LLC is exploring for one or more $100 million plants. The company is already building a Minnesota plant to be fired by turkey litter -- manure and bedding -- and is developing projects in Maryland and Mississippi.......

The plants Fibrowatt is developing generate 30 to 55 megawatts, enough to power some 50,000 homes.

"I just think this is a wonderful way to make sure the poultry industry stays viable," Bunton said. "I don't see the downside."

But some environmental groups do.

"The last thing we need to do with a valuable resource such as poultry litter is burn it and create air pollution," said Janet Zeller of the Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League.
NC state air regulator in Charlotte Observer: Fibrowatt emissions similar to coal plants

As usual, a liberal group trying to slam the door on an alternative energy project.

Last edited:
Waaahhh, wind mills are ugly for the landscape and they kill birds.

Waaahh, nuclear plants failed and killed some people over 20 years ago, they'll never be safe again!!

Waaahh, solar power causes global warming.

Waaahhh, oil is dirty.

Waaahhh, wind mills are ugly for the landscape and they kill birds.

Waaahh, nuclear plants failed and killed some people over 20 years ago, they'll never be safe again!!

Waaahh, solar power causes global warming.

Waaahhh, oil is dirty.
:rofl:
good one

Forum List

Back