Gas $1.55 a gallon

About 6%, enough for OPEC economists to get some new data points for their price/ demand model. Again, when the "Drill Baby Drill" movement dies down, they will fuck us up the ass again. Stupid Americans.

Stupid Americans would be those that don't start exploring new alternative sources of energy.

BTW.......do you know how much energy it takes to lift a human being 90 ft in the air? Quite a bit. There is a dude who has made a jetpack that runs on hydrogen peroxide, which is non-volatile, non-explosive at normal temps, as well as non-toxic.

Now.......if a guy can develop something like that (he flew across the big canyon in Colorado, and says that he's going to develop an engine that runs for a full hour), why in the hell can't we have cars that run on the same thing?

Gas and oil are not the only solutions people.

Stupid Americans would be those that don't start exploring new alternative sources of energy.

BTW.......do you know how much energy it takes to lift a human being 90 ft in the air? Quite a bit. There is a dude who has made a jetpack that runs on hydrogen peroxide, which is non-volatile, non-explosive at normal temps, as well as non-toxic.

Now.......if a guy can develop something like that (he flew across the big canyon in Colorado, and says that he's going to develop an engine that runs for a full hour), why in the hell can't we have cars that run on the same thing?

The only ones suggesting do one thing to the exclusion of another is the left.

Everyone I've heard on the right says do all of the above. Get the oil, use nuke, clean coal, wind, geo thermal, solar whatever works.

By the way, NASA has been using Hydrogen Peroxide for propulsion since the Mercury program in the early 1960s. It's hardly revolutionary.

So, demand is down around 6%, and the price has dropped to less than half what it was just last summer?

Wow.

There must be hundreds of ways we could decrease demand by more than six percent. Enforcing the speed limit would probably do the trick alone.

So, let's do what we can to see that demand stays down, even when people begin driving that extra 6% again, and in the meantime, explore for more domestic oil, develop alternative fuels, and work on more fuel efficient cars.

We won't of course, but that's what we should do. When gas goes up around $5 again, we'll look back once more, and say, "Why didn't we?", then come up with yet another simplistic bumper sticker idea, like "Drill baby, drill" while blaming the problem on the Arabs.

Don't you love it when history repeats itself?

Hardly revolutionary? You've gotta be kidding......

Revolutionary means a new use for old things, and I kinda think that shrinking it down from a several hundred foot rocket down to something you can strap on your back is pretty revolutionary.

Shit......when cell phones got smaller and smarter, everyone considered THAT revolutionary. Then comes the Ipod........Iphone.......

Do you see how this works?

That pisses me off. Rogers and Bentonville are 20 cents cheaper than Fayetteville, and we're 20 miles away.

I suspect a Walmart conspiracy. :evil:

Really? I lived in Bentonville and Lowell off and on in the 90s and never saw much of a difference. I'm sure it's Bush's fault.

Wow! $1.37 in Bentonville!

Arkansas Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Arkansas

I'm paying right around $1.40 in Little Rock using my Kroger discount card:

Little Rock Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in Arkansas

BTW, Arkansas probably won't beat LSU, but they should!

Revolutionary means a new use for old things, and I kinda think that shrinking it down from a several hundred foot rocket down to something you can strap on your back is pretty revolutionary.

Shit......when cell phones got smaller and smarter, everyone considered THAT revolutionary. Then comes the Ipod........Iphone.......

Biker, I have a 13 year old that got the Ipod Nanno, now she wants something that also plays videos on it, I thinks it's called the Expensive Ipod or something....:confused:

Damn, how many sn's does Sealy have?

Yeah, well you see, it wasn't actually the rocket part that was using hydrogen peroxide, it was the propulsion for the capsule in space. So it actually was small to begin with. You see that was one of the challenges at the time. How do you steer and propel with a lack of atmosphere and in such a limited amount of space.

Now maybe you understand my critique. If something is reused that is pretty much the same as it has always been, it isn't revolutionary. The only thing mildly unique is that he's using it in the atmosphere.

Damn, how many sn's does Sealy have?

Yeah, well you see, it wasn't actually the rocket part that was using hydrogen peroxide, it was the propulsion for the capsule in space. So it actually was small to begin with. You see that was one of the challenges at the time. How do you steer and propel with a lack of atmosphere and in such a limited amount of space.

Now maybe you understand my critique. If something is reused that is pretty much the same as it has always been, it isn't revolutionary. The only thing mildly unique is that he's using it in the atmosphere.

Cell phone technology at first was just a smaller "re-use" of existing technology.

And......when he makes the engine that runs for an hour, he should start talking to the car companies.

Imagine.......hydrogen peroxide is cheap, easy to make, and if you put it in all the gas stations, no more blowing them up.

Revolutionary ideas begin with existing technology. Ya gotta use off the shelf parts.

Big fucking deal- you can run a car on ammonia or corn as well. But all that shit's expensive, so that's why liberals promote it.

Big fucking deal- you can run a car on ammonia or corn as well. But all that shit's expensive, so that's why liberals promote it.

Well Nailed Cock, it's a hell of a lot cheaper to produce hydrogen peroxide than it is to drill, refine, put in your car, and go.

No.....liberals promote cheap things that are able to be distributed to all. Conservatives on the other hand are happy with their place in society, and will fight tooth and nail to keep it.

Hmmm........Kinda explains McStupid's campaign eh?

Well Nailed Cock, it's a hell of a lot cheaper to produce hydrogen peroxide than it is to drill, refine, put in your car, and go.

No.....liberals promote cheap things that are able to be distributed to all....

Just like liberals (commies) built and promoted the Yugo. :lol:

If the shit was cheaper then a profit motivated industry would make it happen. :eusa_whistle:

If the shit was cheaper then a profit motivated industry would make it happen. :eusa_whistle:

Yeah, right.......

And the Wright Brothers who were bicycle mechanics shouldn't have been able to fly, right?

You're almost as stupid as Sucking Moron.

exactly, one(or more) of the oil companies would already be doing it
lower cost of production means a better return on investment
Yeah, right.......

And the Wright Brothers who were bicycle mechanics shouldn't have been able to fly, right?

You're almost as stupid as Sucking Moron.
which has absolutely NOTHING to do with what he said

New Topics

Forum List

Back