Gas $1.55 a gallon

Geez....the gas station down the block is charging $2.69. He's off his friggen rocker. I was desperate and needed gas so I got $20.00 worth there and the attendant, when asked why their gas was so damned high said "The owner is cheap".

?

I heard that it was 1.39 somewhere, of course not where I live since we have some of the highest gas prices in the country!

Gas isn't the only thing that's cheap.

deflation

A persistent decrease in the level of consumer prices or a persistent increase in the purchasing power of money because of a reduction in available currency and credit.

crazy what happens when the country doesnt use as much gas and the supply goes up. Strangely the demand went down.

It's as if there is some crazy correlation between the 2

I will have to investigate this

Gas isn't the only thing that's cheap.

deflation

A persistent decrease in the level of consumer prices or a persistent increase in the purchasing power of money because of a reduction in available currency and credit.
good for consumers, bad for businesses?

$1.99 today in PA. I have bonus points from the local grocery store that will take $1.10 of per gallon of gas. I'm gonna fill my car (Pilot) for $20 next week!

I've been waiting for gas to hit $1.75/gal for ever. Was told I was dreaming; if this is a dream don't bother wakin' me. :)

there is no reason to drill now. In 5-10 years gas will be 8 bucks a gallon and we will say "we cant drill our way out, it wil take 5-10 years to get the oil out!"

I love irony

there is no reason to drill now. In 5-10 years gas will be 8 bucks a gallon and we will say "we cant drill our way out, it wil take 5-10 years to get the oil out!"

I love irony

it'll probably even STOP the oil companies from drilling where they already own the leases to do such as well, because it won't be cost affective at lower prices... we can't force them to drill, they have leased millions of acres to do such from us, but they won't do it, if it is not profitable to them, and rightly so, as private companies....

it'll probably even STOP the oil companies from drilling where they already own the leases to do such as well, because it won't be cost affective at lower prices... we can't force them to drill, they have leased millions of acres to do such from us, but they won't do it, if it is not profitable to them, and rightly so, as private companies....

Care, you do realize the leases they have either

A- don't have oil
or
B- don't have neough oil to make it cost effective

Where the oil is they aren;t allowed to drill.

Forum List

Back