Gary Johnson predicts weed will be legal nationwide in 4 years

Many who drink also smoke pot.
It is not a one or the other thing.

Me I am abbie nermal and have the bitter gene alcohol tastes terrible so no drinky fer me.

There are millions in this country that prefer pot over alcohol. And we're not talking looser's either--I am talking about doctors--lawyers and professionals that will use pot at home just to relax with.

Yes there are also millions that use alcohol and pot--but the benefit to smoking pot while they're drinking is that they drink much LESS.

Pot has a tendency to make people very hungry--and the only known side effect to marijuana is that someone may raid their refrigerator.

LOL I am a lifelong pot smoker. since I was 16 and I am now OLD.
Pot has more side effects than the munchies.
Very slow reactions, fuzzed up brain (which I like) and probably more bad reactions on the body as well. And makes one a bit dangerous to themselves around machinery and such.

If we had a simple way like a breathalizer to detect level of pot intozication I would be all for it being legalized.
Set a maximum level for while driving just like alc and go for it.

It can also make marginal workers totally unacceptable.

In my state of Colorado they found that there is no way to determine toxicology on marijuana--as one can smoke it and it remains in the fat cells of the body--whereas alcohol can easily be tested in the blood. A marijuana smoker therefore can be perfectly sober and a toxicology test would show that he/she had marijuana still in the fat cells.

But's it's fairly easy for cops to tell if someone is driving under the influence of marijuana. And if caught they are charged just like a DUI in this state. Fortunately--as I said prior most smokers--like you just admitted to knew--you weren't capable of handling or getting near equipment for your own safety. Most pot smokers know the same and stay away from driving cars.

There are millions in this country that prefer pot over alcohol. And we're not talking looser's either--I am talking about doctors--lawyers and professionals that will use pot at home just to relax with.

Yes there are also millions that use alcohol and pot--but the benefit to smoking pot while they're drinking is that they drink much LESS.

Pot has a tendency to make people very hungry--and the only known side effect to marijuana is that someone may raid their refrigerator.

Very slow reactions, fuzzed up brain (which I like) and probably more bad reactions on the body as well. And makes one a bit dangerous to themselves around machinery and such.

If we had a simple way like a breathalizer to detect level of pot intozication I would be all for it being legalized.

In my state of Colorado they found that there is no way to determine toxicology on marijuana--as one can smoke it and it remains in the fat cells of the body--whereas alcohol can easily be tested in the blood. A marijuana smoker therefore can be perfectly sober and a toxicology test would show that he/she had marijuana still in the fat cells.

But's it's fairly easy for cops to tell if someone is driving under the influence of marijuana. And if caught they are charged just like a DUI in this state. Fortunately--as I said prior most smokers--like you just admitted to knew--you weren't capable of handling or getting near equipment for your own safety. Most pot smokers know the same and stay away from driving cars.

I always enjoyed riding my cycle stoned. Not sure if I ever rode it straight.

Johnson is the Libertarian candidate.

I say he is full of it.........................................

I hope he's correct. LE wastes too much energy and resources on MJ enforcement. Let each state decide the issue and tap into the multi billion dollar industry by controlling and taxing its cultivation, sale and use.

Ask any cop if s/he would rather confront a drunk or a stoner - 100% will pick the stoner.

Hmmm just a thought, we have no elected libertarian leaders becuase the libertarians are too stoned on election day to vote?

A side effect of legalized pot is that it would accelerate the takeover by the religious right.

Many who drink also smoke pot.
It is not a one or the other thing.

Me I am abbie nermal and have the bitter gene alcohol tastes terrible so no drinky fer me.

Police officers and deputy sheriffs can determine intoxication and testify as an expert witness after completing a 24 hours POST training [Peace Officers Standards & Training) training course (see California Health and Safety code section 11550). Once detained the driver is required by the implied consent law to provide a sample - blood, urine or breath. The law could easily be modified to require a urine sample.

One drop of urine is sufficient to determine the presence of THC (a positive for MJ). That and a trained officer's testimony should be sufficient to secure a conviction for DUI.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back