Gary Johnson: I Will End the War in Afghanistan and Bring Our Troops Home Now

Since he IS not President and he will not be President, however, he really won't be doing any such thing.

Your contribution is noted and disregarded :thup:

Everyone claiming he wouldn’t vote for Romney in this thread will ultimately vote for Romney, in spite of the libertarian bravado.

Could you point me to somewhere...anywhere...where libertarians are trying to legislate morality?

Your own Fearless Leader himself, Ron Paul, denies the Constitutional right to privacy and supports allowing states to legislate morality concerning abortion. Or is Paul no longer considered a libertarian?

Everyone claiming he wouldn’t vote for Romney in this thread will ultimately vote for Romney, in spite of the libertarian bravado.

Could you point me to somewhere...anywhere...where libertarians are trying to legislate morality?

Your own Fearless Leader himself, Ron Paul, denies the Constitutional right to privacy and supports allowing states to legislate morality concerning abortion. Or is Paul no longer considered a libertarian?

Thanks for the stupid post...

Since he IS not President and he will not be President, however, he really won't be doing any such thing.

Paulie ALWAYS responds to posts he is busy disregarding!

:thup:

Hurry up and vote for Mitt, the guy that supported Obamacare, TARP, the Obama stimulus, NDAA and so much more. It's almost like you're voting for Obama, but if you really try you can find a difference between the two and I'm not just talking about the letter next to their name.

Paul’s opposition to privacy rights of course calls into question the validity of libertarianism and its lack of consistency: libertarians bemoan the ‘tyranny’ of the Federal government yet advocate state and local governments violate individual liberty – tyranny is tyranny, regardless its source.

Can you please back that up with some 'facts' and 'sources'?

It's hilarous to see leftists ASSUME that Libertarians will follow the same feckless Demo path and vote simply to gain power.. I can ASSURE YOU -- that given the choice of Gary Johnson or Romney -- I will actually pull the lever, punch the chad, pen in an X for Johnson... We not as self-deluding as the Dems who think that Pelosi/Reid/Obama are the same creatures as Kennedy and LBJ...

Paul is definately a libertarian and the constitutional concept of letting the STATES choose on moral issues is completely in scope. The right to privacy has been mortally wounded by a drug policy that BOTH DEMS/REPS have favored for decades now. Trying to pin that on libertarians is futile.

Unfortunately the Libertarian Party is more interested in running Republican castoffs than genuine libertarians in an attempt to moderate themselves and appeal to the masses. The trouble with that strategy is that we've already got one Republican Party, and the people looking to vote for the Libertarian Party already don't like that one.

is there such a thing as a goldwater libertarian... you know, when they were actually smart and didn't spend all their time trying to legislate what people do with their bodies or who they love?

A "Goldwater Libertarian" doesn't describe much -- but any Libertarian would not "spend all their time trying to legislate what people do with their bodies or who they love". Goldwater was a strange bird and probably wouldn't pass the party purity test..

The one objection a Libertarian would have to abortion for instance is that the Federal GOVERNMENT ought not force people to pay for them thru Federal taxation. There is no is other neccessity for the Feds to interfere with an individuals decision..

Gary Johnson has all the electoral power of Ralph Nader - divided by about 4.

LOL

That's NOT because he lacks the appropriate experience or isn't otherwise qualified. It MAY BE because he totally lacks ego and personality. So it's NOT Ralph Nader. I'd say it's more like Dukakis.. THAT would be a better jab... Because BOTH of them are about equal in actual qualification - although Johnson has a 4X better record as a governor. :lol:

Last edited:

Hurry up and vote for Mitt, the guy that supported Obamacare, TARP, the Obama stimulus, NDAA and so much more. It's almost like you're voting for Obama, but if you really try you can find a difference between the two and I'm not just talking about the letter next to their name.

No need to "hurry."

I'll wait for Election Day before casting my vote to the ONLY candidate capable of defeating the incumbent.

I CERTAINLY wouldn't dream of using my vote on anybody else. That would be stupid and wasteful, and possibly counter-productive.

In any case, you should relax. I live in the Empire State. Thus, no matter which candidate I vote for, the Electors of this formerly great State will be going to the incumbent.

No need to "hurry."

I'll wait for Election Day before casting my vote to the ONLY candidate capable of defeating the incumbent.

I CERTAINLY wouldn't dream of using my vote on anybody else. That would be stupid and wasteful, and possibly counter-productive.

In any case, you should relax. I live in the Empire State. Thus, no matter which candidate I vote for, the Electors of this formerly great State will be going to the incumbent.

And what is the ratio of votes over yours that cancels your out do you think?

Forum List

Back