Gary Johnson: Family Leader pledge gives Republicans a bad name

This week's Time magazine had the results of a previous issue that had readers build a March madness type bracket of republican candidates.
Mr. Johnson wasn't mentioned, even as a write in.
Romney won the mail in votes. Paul won the internet votes.

Just throwing that out there...
:cool:

This week's Time magazine had the results of a previous issue that had readers build a March madness type bracket of republican candidates.
Mr. Johnson wasn't mentioned, even as a write in.
Romney won the mail in votes. Paul won the internet votes.

Just throwing that out there...
:cool:

Paul always wins the internet polls. He won all the internet polls in 2008 too. :lol:

As for being "progressive," there was nothing progressive about his record as Governor of New Mexico. Unlike Romney, Pawlenty, or Palin Johnson actually shrank the size of government during his two terms.

The question would then be... "Did he shrink it the right way, or did he just cut spending without regard for which programs should stay (or be added) and which should be eliminated?" I don't know the answer.

Who the hell is Gary Johnson?:lol:

He really should change parties, he's a Obama loving Progressive Republican.. no wonder the lefties LOVE him, he puts down his OWN PARTY.

You should take your head out of your ass. Johnson is one of the most fiscally conservative Republicans running. No wonder the GOP statists hate him.

Left office with New Mexico as one of the only four states in the country with a balanced budget
Left New Mexico with a budget surplus
Used Line Item Veto thousands of times to trim the budget
Vetoed 750 bills during his time in office; more than all other governors combined
Cut over 1,200 government jobs without firing anyone
Created more than 20,000 new jobs
First New Mexico Governor to challenge education status quo and propose statewide voucher program
Restored State General Fund reserves to more than $222 million from a low of $28.1 million
Limited annual state budget growth to 5.0% during eight years in office
Cut taxes 14 times while never raising them—a first for New Mexico
Vetoed 32% of the total number of bills submitted for his signature

Track Record

Stephanie acting like a complete moron? Must be a day that ends in Y at USMB.

Can you point back to me being on this board for 4 years?

But don't let facts stand in your way.

What are you babbling on about now?

Furthermore, you clearly think the world revolves around you since you seem to think I made a thread about Johnson simply because you may have mentioned him. Considering I did nothing but compliment him in this thread, I find it hilarious that you tried to say I was attempting to attack him. :lol:

Let me explain this to you.

I was wrong in thinking you tried to find something bad about Johnson, I admit it.

Nevertheless, this story has been bouncing around the net for since the day after Bachman signed the pledge. If you really were a big fan of Johnson as you claim you would have posted it then. The fact that you did not find it until I mentioned him somewhere else led me to think I brought him to your attention.

Believe it or not, I still believe that I reminded you of him, but I also say I could be wrong. That does not mean the world revolves around me, it actually shows that you think the world revolves around you. I have not been on this board for 4 years, so I would have no idea what you did then, nor do I read every thread you start, nor do I have an eidetic memory that remembers everything I read and who posted it.

Like I said, don't let the facts get in your way. So far you are doing a terrific job of ignoring them.

no wonder the lefties LOVE him, he puts down his OWN PARTY.

This exemplifies the GOP thinking; party before principles.

Granted, I will give liberals a hard time for supporting Obama, but I have seen many more liberal detractors in the past two years than I have seen Republican detractors in the 8 years of Bush.

Bruce Bartlett is my favorite Republican detractor. He got fired over it and has remained consistent over the years.

Last edited:

Granted, I will give liberals a hard time for supporting Obama, but I have seen many more liberal detractors in the past two years than I have seen Republican detractors in the 8 years of Bush.

Bruce Bartlett is my favorite Republican detractor. He got fired over it and has remained consistent over the years.

Only because you did not pay attention.

You are one of the most ego-centered persons I have ever met.

Try again?

my my, you lefties are especially NASTY these days. you even got a atta boy from my good buddy jilly..go figure.:lol:

Nasty? :lol:

People on both sides of the political spectrum are calling you out in this thread Stephanie for your partisan hackery.

This sums up your entry and everything after in this thread so far:

mascot-14.gif

You are one of the most ego-centered persons I have ever met.

Try again?

You said "I have seen many more liberal detractors in the past two years than I have seen Republican detractors in the 8 years of Bush." There are three broad categories this statement can fit into. The first is that not many Republicans spoke up against Bush, the second is that it did happen, and you didn't see it, the third is that it happened, you saw it, and are lying.

It did happen.

Michelle Malkin » Bush the pre-socializer: “I readily concede I chucked aside my free-market principles”

Buckley: Bush Not A True Conservative - CBS News

In fact, so many people on the right were attacking Bush that even Clinton noticed.

George W. Bush Is A RINO | ThePajamaPundit.com

Yet you say you did not see it. That either means you missed it, or you are lying, I chose the first option. If you prefer to be called a liar rather than ignorant, my apologies.

Not sure how you not seeing something makes me egocentric, but I never associated you with a good understanding of long words anyway, so don't worry.

Yet you say you did not see it. That either means you missed it, or you are lying, I chose the first option. If you prefer to be called a liar rather than ignorant, my apologies.

You are the liar and I am not apologizing for it. Your pieces are from 2009 and 2010.

Republicans were afraid to speak up until Bush was out of power.

Try again?

Forum List

Back