Garden Pond - Building steps

Hello friends,

I'm crazy, I dig this 20 x 40 pond just with a round stovel...

Steps: My pond

Me

You know you can rent a skid steer for 300 bucks a day right?
Well unless he packs that hole with clay that ground looks to dry to hold water. That's why I would Rhino line it.

Bentonite is the most common solution to lining a pond.
In Missouri they use clay but I was sold on Rhino line when a farmer did his barn roof. Some of the flat top single wides use it as well.

Hello friends,

Me

Well unless he packs that hole with clay that ground looks to dry to hold water. That's why I would Rhino line it.

In Missouri they use clay but I was sold on Rhino line when a farmer did his barn roof. Some of the flat top single wides use it as well.

Bentonite is the tech term for the type of clay used.

Hello friends,

Me

Bentonite is the tech term for the type of clay used.
Okay, learned some thing. Thanks.

Hello friends,

Me

Looks like it came out great!
Personally i'd stock it with some Florida strain bass....catch and release only of course.
I would line around the outside of the pond with tanning benches for naked women. Catch and release of course!

Hello friends,

Me

It's a fun kind of crazy! I dug a pond myself, not that big but about 20x15. I lined it with a rubber lining. It held up well for almost twenty years. ( I moved from that place two years ago, so I don't know if the new people have maintained the pond.)

That pond was my favorite part of the yard. I stocked it with tadpoles and goldfish. There were water lilies and other plants in pots placed on the bottom of the pond. In winter (Michigan) the plants, the fish and frogs survived. The pond never froze all the way because there was a little water bubbling to keep an opening in the ice.

Best of luck, Greatgardener. Hope you have as much fun with your pond as I did!

Some people will put old carpet down to pad/protect the liner from tears. That one would take a pretty huge liner though because of its odd shape

Forum List

Back