Garden of Evil

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
I watched this last night and what a cracking Western it is. Havent seen since the early 70s.

Susan Heyward walks into a Mexican cantina looking for help to go back up country and rescue her husband who is trapped in a mine.

Unfortunately the local tribes are on the warpath and its all a bit tense. No spoilers but a cracking cast including Coop and Richard Widmark and also Cameron Mitchell who played Buck in High Chapperal. Rita Moreno is in there as a dance hall girl as well.

I love Westerns and could watch them all day long. This is well worth a watch.

I watched this last night and what a cracking Western it is. Havent seen since the early 70s.

Susan Heyward walks into a Mexican cantina looking for help to go back up country and rescue her husband who is trapped in a mine.

Unfortunately the local tribes are on the warpath and its all a bit tense. No spoilers but a cracking cast including Coop and Richard Widmark and also Cameron Mitchell who played Buck in High Chapperal. Rita Moreno is in there as a dance hall girl as well.

I like the old westerns from time to time when I'm looking for pure entertainment and can put my knowledge of reality and authenticity on the shelf..........

Cool. I grew up on these. Have you ever seen Distant Drums? Also a great Gary Cooper western.

Cool. I grew up on these. Have you ever seen Distant Drums? Also a great Gary Cooper western.

Is that the Seminole western ?

Thats a great movie. I remember two things about that. The first is how clear the water is in the final fight scene. The second was any scene that Virginia Mayo was in.

Its free on the youtube you know. I try and watch a western most nights because modern films,and tv, tend to leave me cold.

Virginia Mayo !!

Annex%20-%20Mayo,%20Virginia_07.jpg

Is that the Seminole western ?

Thats a great movie. I remember two things about that. The first is how clear the water is in the final fight scene. The second was any scene that Virginia Mayo was in.

Its free on the youtube you know. I try and watch a western most nights because modern films,and tv, tend to leave me cold.

That's the one. And yeah the fight scene at the end looks like it was filmed in a swimming pool, but is awesome either way.

Here are two really good ones:

Ive seen The Bravados and its a good movie. Not seen collision but will probably have a look tomorrow, Thank you.

Ive seen The Bravados and its a good movie. Not seen collision but will probably have a look tomorrow, Thank you.
If'n ya like Gary Cooper westerns here's Northwest Mounted Police.

The costumes, weapons, etc are very accurate and it's about the Red River Rebellion...... Kinda, sorta......

Forum List

Back