Garbage Men Strike A Blow Against Communism!

Zhukov

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2003
Everywhere, simultaneously.
Garbage Men Strike A Blow Against Communism!
Communists Respond With Re-Education

FRANKFURT - A German museum is offering art appreciation lessons to Frankfurt's sanitation workers, after garbage collectors lugged away a public art sculpture recently and sent it to the incinerator.

Peter Postleb, head of the city's Clean Frankfurt initiative, claimed responsibility Monday for the case of mistaken identity, after garbage collectors picked up and disposed of what they thought to be construction rubbish.

Though indeed made from yellow plastic sheeting used to encase cement, the item was actually a sculpture by Berlin artist Michael Beutler. It was part of a series of 10 sculptures commissioned by the municipal art society and exhibited around the city.

Postleb pointed out that in the past, his quick-moving, garbage-collection teams have avoided trashing outdoor sculptures made from everyday objects, including a car filled with sand and a bathtub tied to a tree with a leash.

Starting Sunday, the Städel Museum, at which Beutler studied, will begin monthly Check Your Art Sense! classes, at which the city's garbage collectors can learn about understanding and appreciating art.

Beutler has taken the situation in stride, saying that the trashed piece was a temporary work only to be displayed until Sunday and that the series was to be recycled after that anyway.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/01/11/Arts/trashedart050111.html

Why I call them communists:

Congressional Record--Appendix, pp. A34-A35
January 10, 1963

CURRENT COMMUNIST GOALS

22. Continue discrediting American culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. An American Communist cell was told to "eliminate all good sculpture from parks and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms."
23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."

http://www.uhuh.com/nwo/communism/comgoals.htm

Zhukov said:
[Why I call them communists:

Reporters from the German daily "Das Bild" interviewed a member of the sanitation team at a local beer garden. When asked how he could have mistaken the art, the gentleman replied "I may not know art, but I know garbage."

P.S. Not true. I made that shit up.

Merlin1047 said:
Reporters from the German daily "Das Bild" interviewed a member of the sanitation team at a local beer garden. When asked how he could have mistaken the art, the gentleman replied "I may not know art, but I know garbage."

P.S. Not true. I made that shit up.
To paraphrase Dan Rather ..... "But he WOULD have said it!"

Forum List

Back