GAO Report: unprecedented government waste "why we are $14 T in debt

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
As one Senator put it - "this makes us look like jackasses".
Sobering report will outline $billions and $billions of annual waste and government overlapping that it will make anyone outraged.
One example - Obama has no less than 14 Presidential appointees that oversees bio-defense, considered crucial in today's global threats - $billions have been spent - yet there is absolutely no clear plan, no one person is responsible and we are no more protected now than we were 2 years ago.

GAO Details Billions in Federal Waste --- Report Obtained by Fox - FoxNews.com

Sobering report will outline $billions and $billions of annual waste and government overlapping that it will make anyone outraged.
One example - Obama has no less than 14 Presidential appointees that oversees bio-defense, considered crucial in today's global threats - $billions have been spent - yet there is absolutely no clear plan, no one person is responsible and we are no more protected now than we were 2 years ago.

It's plain to see the Dems just wanted to run up the debt so they could bitch if the GOP won back Congress or the White House.

BTW - this report looks at data dating back to 2005.
This isn't a Democrat/Republican thing...it is government in general.

Although there is no real surprise here - it shows that the government has massive waste and incompetence - it is yet another reason in the mile-long list of reasons to show our government is too big and spends too much and gets little done in the process.

Well, we already knew they looked like jackasses. They better clean their shit up before they try to tax another soul in America.

Although there is no real surprise here - it shows that the government has massive waste and incompetence - it is yet another reason in the mile-long list of reasons to show our government is too big and spends too much and gets little done in the process.

Agreed... but haven't we been saying this for some while as others claimed the government is the only mechanism to get tthe job done?

I think cutting a lot of these agencies' budgets in half is in order... starting with the EPA, the DOE, the FDA, the NLRB, etc.

Well, we already knew they looked like jackasses. They better clean their shit up before they try to tax another soul in America.

It's like your kid coming to you asking for $5,000, when you have already given them $10,000 and they blew it all partying... who in their right mind would give them another dime?

I hate it when an article does not link to the thing they are reporting on.

It often means the article doesnt want you looking at the real study.

Ill be back when I find the study and peruse it myself.

Try it some times foilks you learn alot.

Agreed... but haven't we been saying this for some while as others claimed the government is the only mechanism to get tthe job done?

I think cutting a lot of these agencies' budgets in half is in order... starting with the EPA, the DOE, the FDA, the NLRB, etc.

i don't think a blanket budget cutting is in order or prudent - but i would like to see the waste cut. there's no reason the efficiency of government can't be improved upon.

"Go study that (report). It will show why we're $14 trillion in debt," said Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla. "Anybody that says we don't look like fools up here hasn't read the report."

Damn I cant find it.

Tom says it will mmake him look like a fool.

I wish they would have at least linked us to their own copy of a breakdowen of the report.

I hate it when an article does not link to the thing they are reporting on.

It often means the article doesnt want you looking at the real study.

Ill be back when I find the study and peruse it myself.

Try it some times foilks you learn alot.

We can't fucking wait cupcake..:eusa_pray:

I will wait for the real report and not what FOX says is in there without producing on iota of evidence that waht they say iss in there is really in there.

They have lied before.

This is the typical red herring....

We do not have a deficit problem, we just waste too much money. We can just cut the waste without having to ask Americans to actually sacrifice. Cutting billions does not even reduce one trillion of the $14 trillion debt.

We need to cut real money and the real money is in Defense and Social Programs. We have this debt because we have sacred cows not because of government waste

Very Typical of Left wing assholes.

Dare to defy our Minority and we will threaten your life.

These people have no respect at all for Democracy.

This is the typical red herring....

We do not have a deficit problem, we just waste too much money. We can just cut the waste without having to ask Americans to actually sacrifice. Cutting billions does not even reduce one trillion of the $14 trillion debt.

We need to cut real money and the real money is in Defense and Social Programs. We have this debt because we have sacred cows not because of government waste

A recent study says we Waste 200 Billion dollars a year on redundant and un-needed Programs.

200 Billion is about 14% of our annual Deficits.

Last edited:
Holy Sh_t guys...you gotta go to the linked report that is now in the article.
If this report from GAO is 100% legit...they are caught with their pants down.

http://coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?a=Files.Serve&File_id=73039811-667b-4620-811a-69f7690e2360

The report

That is NOT the report, its a coburn office sumize?

Where is the link in the article for the report its self?

Out of all the asswipes we have elected - Coburn is more trustworthy than most.
I read his book some years ago entitled "Breach of Trust"...he outlined the wretched "good ol' boy" mentality and sleazy deals that lead him to quiting back in 2000 I guess it was.
He was extremely critical of the Republican machine from 94-98...and pretty much summed up what kind of a Speaker Ginrich was.
I tend to trust someone a little more when the are the type that will criticize there own more than the other side.

I dont want Coburns take I want ot see the document its self.

Its what thinking people do.

Forum List

Back