Gangs joining the military

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
Ive been hearing some stuff about gang members infultrating the military... And gang numbers are up 40% since Obama took over? Anyone else heard anything about this?

Ive been hearing some stuff about gang members infultrating the military... And gang numbers are up 40% since Obama took over? Anyone else heard anything about this?

Approximate gang membership in 2004: 750,000 people.
Approximate gang membership in 2011: 800,000.

So, no, it's not up 40% since Obama took office.

It's thought that about 1-2% of the military are gang members though - which I think is a good thing, not a bad thing. If you grow up in certain neighborhoods, you have the choice of either joining a gang or getting killed - I don't think that gang membership as a youth should be used against people when they grow up.

The military will teach them discipline.

If gang numbers are up, it would be a surprise to me, because from what I have read, crime is down nationwide, despite the bad economy.

Naturally the military has some excellent educational oppotunities for future criminals, thugs, and assassins.

Nothing new there.

Military, gang. Same difference Meatheads blindly following orders.

You should show some respect, vs. contempt, for the military, asswipe. After all - they're defending you to enable you to post stupid shit like this on the Internet.

You should be waterboarded for being an asswipe.

You should show some respect, vs. contempt, for the military, asswipe. After all - they're defending you to enable you to post stupid shit like this on the Internet.

I served among you idiots. You accepted the lies and bullshit. I washed it off my boots( shiny boots- one of the meatheads highest priorities) You still shine your boots idiot ?

I served among you idiots. You accepted the lies and bullshit. I washed it off my boots( shiny boots- one of the meatheads highest priorities) You still shine your boots idiot ?

No, I retired a long time ago, asswipe.

we did lower our standards on who our military hires during the Bush reign because recruiting needs were down, and not being met to cover the 2 wars, if memory serves?

and warrior goes to name calling to anyone who doesnt toe his line......

dont you get bored with that warrior?

Not at all.
Anyone who refers to our brave military men and women as "meatheads" or other disrepectful phrases - gets no respect from me.
Do you get bored supporting these type of people?

And you defend an anti America that just called the military stupid and dangerous. Figures.

no you continue to lie....i simple ask why warrior goes to name calling.....doesnt matter the subject ...he does it all the time...now stop lying and stop putting words in my posts that are not there...simple as that

Not at all.
Anyone who refers to our brave military men and women as "meatheads" or other disrepectful phrases - gets no respect from me.

supporting .....so now you have joined sgt and his lying camp....i am simply saying you would have more effect not name calling at the drop of a hat

o and i assure you growing up at ft bragg...there are plenty of meatheads in the military ..just read the arrest record after payday.....in downtown fayetteville

I've been hearing about gangs infiltrating the military for a long time. Gang graffiti can be found on our military bases all around the world. Gangs have used the military to transport drugs and stolen weapons for years. One time, hiding heroin in the bodies of the dead being shipped home.

Heroin Smuggled in Body Bags of GIs Reported by Military Eye Witness
Exclusive: Gangs Spreading In The Military - CBS News

Gangs use the military to get training. Then the members come home and use that training to train their homies.

Didn't everyone know this?

Approximate gang membership in 2004: 750,000 people.
Approximate gang membership in 2011: 800,000.

So, no, it's not up 40% since Obama took office.

It's thought that about 1-2% of the military are gang members though - which I think is a good thing, not a bad thing. If you grow up in certain neighborhoods, you have the choice of either joining a gang or getting killed - I don't think that gang membership as a youth should be used against people when they grow up.

The military will teach them discipline.

Not so on both counts. You have better chances of ending your life as a gang member by either getting killed by an opposing gang member or going to prison. As for them as they serve in the militarily, Some tow the line, but in general its disruptive when they continue there bull shit after enlisting.

Not at all.

supporting .....so now you have joined sgt and his lying camp....i am simply saying you would have more effect not name calling at the drop of a hat

Ah, no. I am not lying. Not my style.
If you're able, read the posts in order. From 1 throught this one. You seem to have given Doogie a pass on his reference to military men and women.
You OK with that reference?

Forum List

Back