Gaming not mainstream

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014

Basically everyone in the audience is a nerd/geek. How can we make this form of entertainment more mainstream?

Videogames are becoming more and more mainstream. The target audience expands far beyond nerds now.

Women, athletes, soldiers... games have evolved to appeal to us.

People are realizing that videogames offer a far more epic experience than any movie/ show or book.

Eventually, the term "game" may even be replaced with something more accurate.

Basically everyone in the audience is a nerd/geek. How can we make this form of entertainment more mainstream?

Bush already did (make it more mainstream). He allowed TAXATION to fund one of the best FPS shooter games online, "America's Army". The exact millions of dollars the US Government put into AA was lost in around 2009. Yes, your taxation pays for video games.

But who cares about what Bush spent (R)ight? Just focus on Obama and everything will get better.......(Modern Politics)

And to respond to your title, how can we make games more mainstream..........Why are so many people focused on sports they can't control? I prefer sports I can control. Why spend time yelling at a Quarterback when you can actually take accountability for a team?

Mainstream sports is for people that want to have something to talk about at work. People who don't even care about the sport will spend time learning it so they can be part of the discussion.

Be part of the game or be someone who talks about it.

In short.............A fat guy lays on a couch and screams at a game he is not part of and it's "ok". A gamer plugs-in and is world recognized and it's "not ok".

Bush already did (make it more mainstream). He allowed TAXATION to fund one of the best FPS shooter games online, "America's Army". The exact millions of dollars the US Government put into AA was lost in around 2009. Yes, your taxation pays for video games.

But who cares about what Bush spent (R)ight? Just focus on Obama and everything will get better.......(Modern Politics)

And to respond to your title, how can we make games more mainstream..........Why are so many people focused on sports they can't control? I prefer sports I can control. Why spend time yelling at a Quarterback when you can actually take accountability for a team?

Mainstream sports is for people that want to have something to talk about at work. People who don't even care about the sport will spend time learning it so they can be part of the discussion.

Be part of the game or be someone who talks about it.

I was just thinking of playing America's Army a few minutes ago. :tongue:

I knew a few people who played football at my HS who loved Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed. Screw stereotypes!

Forum List

Back