"Game Over!"

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018
Authored by Sven Henrich via NorthmanTrader.com,

'Game over. The grand central bank experiment of the last 10 years has ended in utter and complete failure. The games of cheap money and constant intervention that have brought you record global debt to the tune of $250 trillion and record wealth inequality are about to embark on a new round of peddling blue meth again.

Australia has already cut, so has India. The ECB is talking about it, markets are already pricing in multiple Fed cuts. The new global rate cutting cycle begins anew before the last one ever ended. Brace yourselves as no one, absolutely no one, can know how this will turn out.

Draghi: Several members of the Governing Council raised the possibility of rate cuts, others the possibility of restarting the APP or the extension of forward guidance

This is not capitalism, nor does this ongoing farce constitute free market price discovery. It’s politburo based central planning, desperately trying to keep the balls in the air.

“To extend the business cycle” Jay Powell stated this week. Since when is this the primary purpose of the Fed? What happened to inflation and price stability? Already they are tossing their stated inflation goals and are talking about letting inflations run hotter if they can juice it up. There’s no integrity, only moving targets and carrots driven by equity prices.

The pretense is gone, it’s all about keeping the illusion alive that the Fed knows what it’s doing, that it’s always there to save markets from any trouble.

But its track record is obvious: It has failed to meet its inflation targets (ill guided as they may be) for 10 years. It has failed to normalize despite years of promises to do so, and will never be able to normalize. Between 2008-2019 the Fed was non-accommodative for 3 months. It blew up in their faces in December. They’ll never be non accommodative again. They can’t.

This week investors are happy to chase the coming free money train again. They may well be rewarded for the same gig that has worked for 10 years with the consequences already apparent: Ever more record government, corporate and consumer debt and yes, ever more extreme wealth inequality. Bravo.

Alternatively investors may want to exercise caution in chasing policy failure, but rather keep an eye on technicals that may well point to a different result:

While markets will negotiate the ultimate outcome the verdict on the policy front is already in: Game over. The grand central bank experiment has been revealed to be a colossal failure. Brace yourselves.'

"Game Over!"

The grand plan that many people - including me - from Day 1 have said was nothing but a disastrous house of cards from the Fed...is finally beginning to collapse.

Oh, it will take a LONG time to finally crash...maybe over a decade.

But the Fed just proved that it's grand experiment - that began under Bernanke - was a complete failure as rates almost certainly will start to fall again. And the economy NEVER got over 3% GDP growth for a FY before it's artificial 'boom' petered out. Yet the amount of debt that has accumulated is unprecedented and enormous.

And now, the Fed is trapped. They cannot let that giant, debt monster out or it will wreck the economy. So they HAVE to keep the economy propped up.

And when rates go down again over the next little while...that faint sound you hear will be Ben Bernanke saying - under his breath - 'oops'.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Who the Fuck is going to read this long as post knowing who the author is?

There...I made it shorter as I took out the 'pretty pictures'.

This is are why most Americans are so STAGGERINGLY STUPID/INEPT when it comes to macroeconomics. You cannot be bothered to learn or read beyond the headlines. You just blindly believe whatever the MSM tells you.

And then the American masses have the pathetic arrogance to comment about the economy when they know more about the dark side of Pluto.

Pathetic.

And what the fuck do you mean 'knowing who the author is'? I guarantee you you have not a clue who the author is.

And if you are - pathetically - referring to me (when clearly I did not author the article...duh)...I am a free market lover idiot. But no, because you fucking Trumpbot morons assume that anyone who attacks Trump (like me) MUST love Obama and embrace liberal economic ideas. WRONG DUFUS. I despised what Obama (and GWB AND Trump now) did - economically - while in office.
Most conservatives should be free market/small government/balanced budget-types as well. But no, they have abandoned this since Trump took office. They hated what the Fed did when Obama was running things. But now that Trump is in 'charge'...they cannot get enough of it.

Hypocritical ignoramuses.

Last edited:

'Game over. The grand central bank experiment of the last 10 years has ended in utter and complete failure. The games of cheap money and constant intervention that have brought you record global debt to the tune of $250 trillion and record wealth inequality are about to embark on a new round of peddling blue meth again.

Australia has already cut, so has India. The ECB is talking about it, markets are already pricing in multiple Fed cuts. The new global rate cutting cycle begins anew before the last one ever ended. Brace yourselves as no one, absolutely no one, can know how this will turn out.

Draghi: Several members of the Governing Council raised the possibility of rate cuts, others the possibility of restarting the APP or the extension of forward guidance

This is not capitalism, nor does this ongoing farce constitute free market price discovery. It’s politburo based central planning, desperately trying to keep the balls in the air.

“To extend the business cycle” Jay Powell stated this week. Since when is this the primary purpose of the Fed? What happened to inflation and price stability? Already they are tossing their stated inflation goals and are talking about letting inflations run hotter if they can juice it up. There’s no integrity, only moving targets and carrots driven by equity prices.

The pretense is gone, it’s all about keeping the illusion alive that the Fed knows what it’s doing, that it’s always there to save markets from any trouble.

But its track record is obvious: It has failed to meet its inflation targets (ill guided as they may be) for 10 years. It has failed to normalize despite years of promises to do so, and will never be able to normalize. Between 2008-2019 the Fed was non-accommodative for 3 months. It blew up in their faces in December. They’ll never be non accommodative again. They can’t.

This week investors are happy to chase the coming free money train again. They may well be rewarded for the same gig that has worked for 10 years with the consequences already apparent: Ever more record government, corporate and consumer debt and yes, ever more extreme wealth inequality. Bravo.

Alternatively investors may want to exercise caution in chasing policy failure, but rather keep an eye on technicals that may well point to a different result:

While markets will negotiate the ultimate outcome the verdict on the policy front is already in: Game over. The grand central bank experiment has been revealed to be a colossal failure. Brace yourselves.'

"Game Over!"

The grand plan that many people - including me - from Day 1 have said was nothing but a disastrous house of cards from the Fed...is finally beginning to collapse.

But the Fed just proved that it's grand experiment - that began under Bernanke - was a complete failure as rates almost certainly will start to fall again. And the economy NEVER got over 3% GDP growth for a FY before it's artificial 'boom' petered out. Yet the amount of debt that has accumulated is unprecedented and enormous.

And now, the Fed is trapped. They cannot let that giant, debt monster out or it will wreck the economy. So they HAVE to keep the economy propped up.

And when rates go down again over the next little while...that faint sound you hear will be Ben Bernanke saying - under his breath - 'oops'.
Very interesting, thank you for the OP. I don't get this part, though.
"Alternatively investors may want to exercise caution in chasing policy failure, but rather keep an eye on technicals that may well point to a different result:" What are the technicals?

saupload_Derivative-bomb.png

~S~

"Game Over!"

Very interesting, thank you for the OP. I don't get this part, though.
"Alternatively investors may want to exercise caution in chasing policy failure, but rather keep an eye on technicals that may well point to a different result:" What are the technicals?
Good question, IMO.

Usually, they refer to things like pricing trends, trading signals, etc.. In other words, if a group of stocks move a certain amount in a certain period of time that it could be a leading indicator of another movement because they have done it before and there usually was 'x' result (if that makes sense).
Technical Analysis
I assume that is what he meant here.
Instead of looking at fundamentals of companies you look at averages of several companies to guess at trends.
Personally, I have never been for this way of trading. To me market fundamentals are what counts. The markets - to me - are about numbers and emotions...not patterns.
Why?
Because no two times in history are identical. The dot.com crash was different from the housing crash and the 2000/1 recession. And the world is different today then it was even five years ago.
To guess at what stocks will do based on what they did is not sound...but LOTS of investors disagree with me.

I believe that the key to watching this market crash is Fed respect. As soon as people stop believing in the Fed...THAT is when the markets will crash. Because the Fed (and other central banks) are the ONLY exterior force that are keeping this economy going.
However, this could take MANY years.
The markets want the Fed to be right...because that means they can relax more and let the Fed make everything better.
They will not want to lose this security.
And Japan's central bank has literally been propping up that economy for many decades (to varying extents)...and they still believe in it.
So this could be a LONG road.

BTW...kudos to you for looking outside the box...I wish more Americans did as you do.

To expand the money supply, debt must increase. It is the bane of fiat currency. Record debt=Record Wealth.

Forum List

Back