Game of Thrones

was anyone not entertained?

all in all, the show is superb in its entirety and way better than most series today and I would probably have given it a solid ten out of ten had the ending not been so rushed.

p.s. Daenerys Targaryen becoming a white walker and marrying their king would have been quite an ending:19:
Well said. I was hoping Dany would try to burn Tyrion as his death sentence, only to find out he's a Targarian and wont burn. And the true son of the mad king. But that didn't pan out.

It could have, if it lasted another season. Who's decision was it to make this last rushed season only 6 episodes? And piss so many people off? Peeps are blaming the writers, but the writers don't get to determine how many eps happen. So what entity made this show end abruptly . The writers of the show?

Or maybe HBO? I thank it was HBO. Too expensive to continue, and not enough profit from new watchers. They forced the writes to make it a short ending.
HBO offered 10 seasons. I think the actors and staff all just wanted it over and rushed it out.

Vox: Daenerys was right to burn King’s Landing to establish a strong central government

“Scratch a progressive, find a fascist.”

Vox’s Matt Yglesias published a piece yesterday at Vox arguing that Daenerys was right to burn people alive in the city of King’s Landing because she needed to convince the entire kingdom not to question the dictates of a powerful
central government.

Daenerys has an objective — to induce the Lords of Westeros to bend the knee and acknowledge her supremacy — and her attack on King’s Landing in “The Bells” was well-calibrated to achieve that objective. She had previously offered Queen Cersei the opportunity surrender, and Cersei refused — packing the city with civilians and ringing it with air defenses that pose a lethal threat to Drogon, Daenerys’s one remaining dragon. A combination of skilled piloting and poor marksmanship allowed Daenerys to overcome the city’s air defenses, destroy the Golden Company, and induce the Lannisters to attempt to surrender.
If Daenerys had simply allowed King’s Landing to surrender without consequences only after she evaded its air defenses, then every other recalcitrant lord in the Seven Kingdoms would have incentive to resist her. After all, it only takes a lucky shot or two to bring down the dragon — and the Queen riding him — and if she manages to burn your scorpions, you can always just surrender…
Making an example of King’s Landing was a harsh decision. It was a cruel decision. And it’s certainly a decision whose morality one could question. But it wasn’t a “crazy” decision or the act of a Mad Queen — it was a rational calculation based on a clear-eyed assessment of the strategic situation…
The only real consistent through-line in all of this is that Westeros’s great houses oppose the creation of an effective central government.
There is no point in arguing about a TV show with someone like Yglesias, or arguing with this clown about real life. But, for posterity, everything he has said here is wrong and would be monstrous if applied in the real world.

Burning tens of thousands of people alive, including women and children, is guaranteed to enrage the populace and cement the image of Daenerys as a foreign tyrant. She may be feared but she will also be hated from that point onward in a way she might not have been if she’d allowed the losers to surrender and executed Cersei (who everyone hated already).

The idea that napalming a city of a million people, most of them civilians, when they are trying to surrender on the grounds that it’ll teach others to respect the central government, that’s a pretty awful take.

I made a related point earlier in the thread: that it's rather ironic that the Leftwing Progs of Hollywood actually created a parable about how their utopian fantasies lead to totalitarian oppression and violent extermination of those who won't submit.
Utopians are murderers.

Indeed. They are.

was anyone not entertained?

all in all, the show is superb in its entirety and way better than most series today and I would probably have given it a solid ten out of ten had the ending not been so rushed.

p.s. Daenerys Targaryen becoming a white walker and marrying their king would have been quite an ending:19:
Well said. I was hoping Dany would try to burn Tyrion as his death sentence, only to find out he's a Targarian and wont burn. And the true son of the mad king. But that didn't pan out.

It could have, if it lasted another season. Who's decision was it to make this last rushed season only 6 episodes? And piss so many people off? Peeps are blaming the writers, but the writers don't get to determine how many eps happen. So what entity made this show end abruptly . The writers of the show?

Or maybe HBO? I thank it was HBO. Too expensive to continue, and not enough profit from new watchers. They forced the writes to make it a short ending.
HBO offered 10 seasons. I think the actors and staff all just wanted it over and rushed it out.

I was fine with the pace of the last season. I mean the joke for like 5 seasons was everyone in Kings Landing would be long dead before Dany ever crossed the sea to get there. It felt like it was a quicker pace, almost movie-like, but didn't feel rushed to me. That's how most seasons were in spurts. Lemon cakes and chatting about the wall, or cleaning Jaquen's house for 2 hours, then in the next two hours, two top characters are suddenly dead and the entire plot shifts.

5E12E427-EBD6-4D21-AAD8-7DF9EA000DFF_jpeg-976810.JPG

This little scene in Season 1 straight out of the book is hundred times better than anything in Season 8. (except maybe Cercei saying "If you want a whore buy one, if you want a Queen earn one".

98D32458-0293-49A4-A77C-E1CF4A3993D9_jpeg-977438.JPG

Revelation on ComiCon discussion.

Jacob Anderson (Gray Worm) revealed about the Unsullied the answer to the question that no one dared ask.

We all know that the Unsullied were "emasculated" at an early age so that they could devote their lives to martial pursuits without distraction of wimmin. But to what extent were they emasculated? Gray Worm had some ambiguous scenes with a love interest that hinted that he would not have been completely sexually powerless.

So here it is: Cock, but no balls. (That's what they had).

Admit it. You were dying to know.

Nah. Didn't watch. Might binge it when I'm consigned to a home cage years from now.

Jacob Anderson (Gray Worm) revealed about the Unsullied the answer to the question that no one dared ask.

We all know that the Unsullied were "emasculated" at an early age so that they could devote their lives to martial pursuits without distraction of wimmin. But to what extent were they emasculated? Gray Worm had some ambiguous scenes with a love interest that hinted that he would not have been completely sexually powerless.

That's revisionist history, DGS. It was clear from discussions during the program that they received dickectomies when they enlisted in the Unsullied.

Mr. Anderson was probably confused because he was just an actor playing the part of the leading Unsullied, and the producers of GOT did not have his penis amputated for the role.

Unsullied

This is the actor being told by George R.R. Martin that his character has a cock but no balls. Believe whomever you want.

Removal of the cock would cause plumbing issues for life. Sitting down to pee. Makes no sense whatsoever.

I did put the imaginable things in my mind. And I would have thought it was just the balls. Because it makes peeing easier for an army.

But varys is double chopped.

I agree, he's got a cock but no balls.

Forum List

Back