Game of Thrones

bjivuxmxnlt21_jpg-920530.JPG

Very very disappointed in this season so far. The first two episodes have been so choppy. The dialogue is flat and obvious - no wit or eloquence. Mostly, the scenes have been characters with "history" seeing each other for the first time after "something" happened...with "significant looks" like a bad soap opera. It's clear they just want to get it over with.

Very very disappointed in this season so far. The first two episodes have been so choppy. The dialogue is flat and obvious - no wit or eloquence. Mostly, the scenes have been characters with "history" seeing each other for the first time after "something" happened...with "significant looks" like a bad soap opera. It's clear they just want to get it over with.

Second episode picked up the pace. Good set up for the battle to come

I like seasons 5, 6, 7 and now 8 most of all because there is a maturity to some of these characters who have survived against the Cerseiesque win or else me or a nasty bloke of the dark shall be smokin you baby odds. Great costumes, characters and now in season 8 possible doom...it is all good. The actors have worked hard for the audience and the crew and staff have put their all into the series.

Last edited:
Season 8 started last night and the opening episode was only 54 minutes long

About a year ago, I was curious as to when the season would premiere so I went looking and was surprised that they planned on April 2019. Okay, no big deal, but that insider website -- I can't recall which one -- was saying that the episodes were going to be nearly movie length, 90+ minutes each.

I thought, cool. They had a shit ton of open story plotlines and even with six episodes, if they were 90 minutes each, they could close it all out.

It turns out that the episode lengths aren't much longer than just the normal 1-hour episodes, the next one is only 56 minutes and the rest are something like 79 minutes each.

The total for Season 8 is going to be a whopping 7.15 hours in length -- Total.

I'm kind of disappointed in that as I feel that the writing isn't tight enough to close all those stories in that little time.

Yeah, it could be that I just want to drag it out a few more seasons. lol

Just finished watching Winter is Here. (no, no spoilers)
I don't like the author.
He has a shitty attitude and he likes to kill people off that the public likes.
I see nothing positive in the show anymore.
Doesn't mean I'm not curious how everything turns out.

Mudwhistle your comment is right on time before the climactic battle next episode! It will be a longer episode and interviews with the cast have the actors saying that it was like filming a Thrones type of Rings "Helm's deep" battle where filming lasted for some weeks and even months! I agree there is a risk of a cold writer caused loss of characters eventually. Then what? Do they get turned into zombies or toasted by the dragon fire? suspense!

About a year ago, I was curious as to when the season would premiere so I went looking and was surprised that they planned on April 2019. Okay, no big deal, but that insider website -- I can't recall which one -- was saying that the episodes were going to be nearly movie length, 90+ minutes each.

I thought, cool. They had a shit ton of open story plotlines and even with six episodes, if they were 90 minutes each, they could close it all out.

It turns out that the episode lengths aren't much longer than just the normal 1-hour episodes, the next one is only 56 minutes and the rest are something like 79 minutes each.

I'm kind of disappointed in that as I feel that the writing isn't tight enough to close all those stories in that little time.

Agreed. Season 7 and this feel like they are just rushing through to conclude the series. And there are plenty of storyline and characters they could have used to flesh out both seasons into 10 episodes. Rather a shame considering how wonderful it has been.
Just get ready for The Walking Dead

I don't like the author.
He has a shitty attitude and he likes to kill people off that the public likes.
I see nothing positive in the show anymore.
Doesn't mean I'm not curious how everything turns out.

Interesting that. . . . .

Perhaps you would prefer him as POTUS? These seem to be the same qualities that endear you to the current office holder :20:.

As many folks are fond of saying. . .

"I don't like the author president.
He has a shitty attitude and he likes to kill people off fire people that the public likes."

:abgg2q.jpg:

"It is not a democracy. If it was a democracy, then Joffrey [the sadistic boy king] would have died much earlier than he did."

George RR Martin reveals why there's no gay sex in Game of Thrones
765220.png

George RR Martin: 'Fuck you to those people.'

George RR Martin gives impatient readers the finger

It picked up the pace, but feels rather predictable and perfunctory.

As the architect of the Ice and Fire universe now widely known as Thrones, Martin is one of the most vocal champions of fidelity to the books, to the point that he openly questions the need to close the story out after eight seasons and 73 episodes. While it's the end of one major chapter, it may be the start of a new one, as Martin and HBO are conspiring ways to open up the world of Westeros with five potential "successor" spinoffs, including one that's gearing up for production.

'Game of Thrones' Creator George R.R. Martin: "I Don't Think It Should Be the Final Season"
This season could have the greatest twist ending in TV history. Last survivors of Westeros fleeing to Essos by ship, the Night King stares at them as they leave, and then on screen appears “Game of Thrones will return in Season 9”

I don't think Martin would take it in that direction. Frankly, I think the shows have always used the fantasy as more of a crutch to gain an audience then the character driven story. Take away the fantasy, the sweeping CGI and Peter Dinklage and you don't have a show much better than The Tudors or The Borgias. :71:

The interplay between the different cultures and families has always been it's strength, what each house's beliefs are, and how strongly they hold them in relationship to each other, it's flexibility in these histories and what in means to the development of the history of Martins world is what I think he would want to emphasize.

Although we had the prophecy that . . . .
Daenerys Targaryen Thinks She Can't Get Pregnant
Daenerys Targaryen Thinks She Can't Get Pregnant — And She Might Be Wrong

I don't think it is interpreted correctly.

In the end, it is all about the Targaryen Dynasty.

It is all about the Targaryens.

Read. . . Why does no one read?
FandB.jpg

". . . What really happened during the Dance of the Dragons? Why did it become so deadly to visit Valyria after the Doom? What is the origin of Daenerys’s three dragon eggs? These are but a few of the questions answered in this essential chronicle, as related by a learned maester of the Citadel and featuring more than eighty all-new black-and-white illustrations by artist Doug Wheatley. Readers have glimpsed small parts of this narrative in such volumes as The World of Ice & Fire, but now, for the first time, the full tapestry of Targaryen history is revealed.. . . "
FIRE AND BLOOD | George R.R. Martin
Oh I bought that the day it came out. I think you’re right about the importance of the Targaryens, but you can’t discount the Starks. Bran the Builder was a Stark and the Lord Commander who took a White Walker bride and became Night King 8,000 years ago is rumored to be a Stark and was eventually defeated by the Starks. So I think either Jon is the song of ice and fire, his baby with Daenerys is, or some kind of long con between the Starks and Targaryens that Rhaegar and Lyanna were in on is the song of ice and fire. Martin must really be a genius to get people to look into what, ultimately, is just some crap he imagined up. Like, how many people know who Daenys or whatever the Dreamer was? And she might be as important as anybody.
I've seen some ideas bounced around for spinoffs, none, IMO, would be as interesting as a tale about the the invasion of Westerous by the first men, the creation of the White Walkers by the Children of the Forest to defeat them, their loss of control over the White Walkers, and the eventual pact between the First Men and the Children and the subsequent War for the Dawn.
I believe that’s the direction they’re taking. Pretty sure I’ve heard the prequel will involve the long night.

Have to see how the battle goes

I expect the white walkers to kick their ass

So far the episodes feel like a class reunion for the cast. Underwhelming to say the least

The white walkers will win the first battle...and then humanity will pull a Hail R'hllor and defeat the Night King in the last episode.

Arya always knows what she is doing...sex first..battle later...Is that her mother Catelyn Stark-Lady Stoneheart chasing after her in the crypt? Arya is running scared!?! from A Storm of Swords: Arya says:"singing is stupid"...there is a connections between the Jenny song that Podrick sings and the fates of the Targaryens and Starks at this time. Arya is shown running through the crypts. Bran used to go down there. The song talks about ghosts.

Last edited:

The white walkers will win the first battle...and then humanity will pull a Hail R'hllor and defeat the Night King in the last episode.
Sam is going to beat him...he is the only one who knows how

When the Starks go down to the crypt,...

...who the fuck lights all of those candles and torches?

Forum List

Back