Game of Thrones -- the Books. Spolier Alert!

okay i been mulling this whole thing over......

i am gonna have to go with frankie on this one...i read a lot of james lee burke books....i so look forward to his new books coming out etc...

not with this one....i am just kinda over it.....i dont even care about book 6 at this point

but you have to temper this will the fact that this is the first fantasy series i have read

You finish book V and most of the characters I like are dead. I don't care about Dany, he wasted 5 book on Stannis and now Valerion Greyjoy has a bigger role than any of the Starks.

No, thanks

I personally enjoyed all of the books mainly because I haven't attached myself to any one character throughout the series. The Red Wedding was probably the best game changer in the whole series. Changed the whole dynamic of the story. I had really no problem with Martin doing away with some of the more likable characters because he equally did the same with some of the less likable characters. It's very gutsy. Sucks that we have to wait years for the next book, it'll be well worth I think. Can't wait for the 3rd season of the show as well.

I think the wait between books is the only thing that really hurts in this series. If I had waited till all the books were out, I'd probably go through them pretty quickly and the killing off of characters wouldn't be as annoying as it sometimes is.

That said, I still am a big fan. Martin does a good job pulling the story together despite the many viewpoints and changing plotlines. Yes, main characters die, but I think that probably was part of the reason he's written it the way he has, from many different points of view; these books are NOT all about any one, or even any few characters. They are about the overall story and simply given various characters' viewpoints through which to watch this unfolding story.

I have no problem with you not liking them, Frank, they aren't for everyone. I'm not sure why you seem so determined that everyone should agree with you about it, or at least so vehement about pointing out how much you dislike them. :)

Forum List

Back