Game of Thrones (HBO)

Yeah, it looks like great fun.

I particularly like serialized programs like these because they give the authors enough time to craft very complex plotlines, and they also give the authors enough literary story-space to really work on highly complex characters, too.

Not that those elements cannot be done in 90 minutes but given 900 minutes a whole lot more of that kind of complexity, both in plot and character, is possible.

I am a fan of the books, so I'm concerned about this not living up to my expectations.

On the other hand, Martin is involved in the series, so hopefully that will help.

I'm certainly going to watch and hope it's good (being dvr'd right now).

I am so looking forward to this tonight!!!!!

It's the antidote to the truly vile and noxious Camelot.

Well, my first impression is that there's a lot of missing story in the first episode.

It's hard to say how much of that is the show and how much is due to my knowing the books and knowing how much they left out.

Still, it seemed as though there was a good deal of unexplained actions in the first episode.

Hopefully it's more me than any lack in the show and I can get over it as the season progresses; or perhaps the way they are going to write the show won't require many of the more detailed explanations and subtexts of the books.

I'll have to get some opinions from people who haven't read the books :)

Well, my first impression is that there's a lot of missing story in the first episode.

It's hard to say how much of that is the show and how much is due to my knowing the books and knowing how much they left out.

Still, it seemed as though there was a good deal of unexplained actions in the first episode.

Hopefully it's more me than any lack in the show and I can get over it as the season progresses; or perhaps the way they are going to write the show won't require many of the more detailed explanations and subtexts of the books.

I'll have to get some opinions from people who haven't read the books :)

I noticed the same thing. On the other hand, this show is aimed more at people who have not read the books than fans of them, so the first episodes have to be designed to bring people into the story. They may decide to flesh out the subplots later in the series.

One thing I consider a plus is that HBO has already committed to a second season, with production and filming already begun. That will definitely give the show time to build an audience.

My favorite fictional book series, read them in high school.

I thought the first episode was done pretty well (Although I would have preferred to see Jon getting tipsy in the corner at the party like in the book), and look forward to the rest of the series. Good job, HBO and Co.

I thought the first episode was done pretty well (Although I would have preferred to see Jon getting tipsy in the corner at the party like in the book), and look forward to the rest of the series. Good job, HBO and Co.

Did you just get out of HS? The series is still ongoing :)

Did you just get out of HS? The series is still ongoing :)

well the first 3 books, didnt get around to #4 cuz i didnt remember the story well enough haha.

I wanna see this but netflix does not carry HBO movies. HBO demands netflix charge customers an extra 20 bucks a month on top of their membership fees. That is NOT going to happen, so I guess I will have to wait until it comes out on dvd, if it does.

I wanna see this but netflix does not carry HBO movies. HBO demands netflix charge customers an extra 20 bucks a month on top of their membership fees. That is NOT going to happen, so I guess I will have to wait until it comes out on dvd, if it does.

"if it does" ? I don't think anything short of a planet-wide catastrophe could stop the dvd release of a tv show.

Also, there are tons of ways to watch it online easy.

I have read the books, twice....

Just watched the second part of the series this morning.....

I do wish RR would get off his ass and finish the next book though.....

Couldn't get through the first book, don't remember it much..only that it was like Tolkien without the imagination. Tolkien was a horrible writer..but his story was fantastic..so I suffered through all those books.

I saw the HBO thing. Physically beautifully done. That Stark guy pisses me off alot. Killed a member of the black guard for telling the truth and a dog for protecting his kid. Not sure if I am going to make it through it.

I'm loving the show. It's one of the better TV productions I've seen for quite awhile. Excellent cast and production values...and the set up promises plenty of intrigue and plot twists.

so far....well i am bored with watching the blonde chick get fucked...we get it...okay.....i like the show so far...but i have a real problem telling the stark boys and snow apart....

stark is a hard man molded by the times and enviroment...

winter is coming

Forum List

Back