Gallup: Unemployment 9.1%...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
U.S. Unemployment Up in February

Underemployment is 19.1%, up from 18.7% in January

PRINCETON, NJ -- U.S. unemployment, as measured by Gallup without seasonal adjustment, increased to 9.1% in February from 8.6% in January and 8.5% in December.

zh0hu1picu2m-spxb6p3sw.gif

The 0.5-percentage-point increase in February compared with January is the largest such month-to-month change Gallup has recorded in its not-seasonally adjusted measure since December 2010, when the rate rose 0.8 points to 9.6% from 8.8% in November. A year ago, Gallup recorded a February increase of 0.4 percentage points, to 10.3% from 9.9% in January 2011.

In addition to the 9.1% of U.S. workers who are unemployed, 10.0% are working part time but want full-time work. This percentage is similar to the 10.1% in January, but is higher than the 9.6% of February 2011.

U.S. Unemployment Up in February
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

I am more concerned about underemployment than unemployment.
It is still growing. States like California are over 20%....1 in 5 employed people. Unreal.
Underemployment has been masked by over credit consumption...people treating debt as income. Now that the credit giveaway is over - these folks are hurting something fierce.
As an example...Food Stamp participation is at an all time high. Not a graph you will see rightwinger use.
The working poor are growing.

It is still growing. States like California are over 20%....1 in 5 employed people. Unreal.
Underemployment has been masked by over credit consumption...people treating debt as income. Now that the credit giveaway is over - these folks are hurting something fierce.
As an example...Food Stamp participation is at an all time high. Not a graph you will see rightwinger use.

I'm surprised the liberals aren't up in arms about it. If there was a Republican in the White House, they sure as hell would be. Jillian wouldn't find it 'funny' then.

I'm surprised the liberals aren't up in arms about it. If there was a Republican in the White House, they sure as hell would be. Jillian wouldn't find it 'funny' then.

They would likely be screeching for Impeachment over it.

You got that right.
Course...they don't have a problem with this administration's heavy-heavy cronyism tactics either.
I mean hell...let's discuss how Obama got his $million home...or how his wife got not one - but TWO six figure gigs within months of him getting elected senator....oh...nooooo....no way was there any funny business going on there.

OMG please.

52k qualifies for food stamps with 3 children, try joining reality.

OMG please.

52k qualifies for food stamps with 3 children, try joining reality.

Reality? Try telling it to Mrs. (horse in every port) Romney.

Gas prices rising, ue high, inflation. This ain't good.

No it's not. So look for them to create another faux controversy distraction in the coming weeks. It might even come in the form of another 'Wag the Dog' War. Stay tuned.

Forum List

Back