Gallup SHOCK - Obama 49 - McCain 47

Well, tell me how you see it.

Cuz I remember when we used to invest, and I remember the excitement and pride following the moonshot. I remember scientists flocking here to work at our universities.

I see cranes and bridges and levies collapsing now. No scientists coming here to work, our scores in education dropping.

But hubby and I did get a nice lamp when Bush sent us a check.

How I see it? I see it as the birds coming home to nest. We've put material gratification in front of EVERYTING. We've put "I want it now, and I'll worry about the consequences tomorrow" as our countries "talking points".

There is NOTHING to be proud of, of the upcoming generation, without US to carry their sorry ass, they will be lucky to make it through TOMORROW.

Sleep tight America, your bills are coming due...........:eusa_whistle::(:(:eusa_hand:

The dirty secret is that tax receipts go up when tax rates go down.

Tax receipts are up 20% under Bush.

This is a mischaracterization, and you probably don't know it because you've been spoon fed by rush limbaugh.

Tax revenue, year to year, almost always increases because the population and the economy are always growing. Whether or not there are tax cuts.

Its the rate of revenue growth that's the critical factor. Is the rate of revenue increasing at a rate to sustain our need?

Under Bush economics, the rate of revenue growth has been the lowest in modern history. Because his tax cuts were improperly structured, too large, and targeted at the wrong people.

How I see it? I see it as the birds coming home to nest. We've put material gratification in front of EVERYTING. We've put "I want it now, and I'll worry about the consequences tomorrow" as our countries "talking points".

There is NOTHING to be proud of, of the upcoming generation, without US to carry their sorry ass, they will be lucky to make it through TOMORROW.

Sleep tight America, your bills are coming due...........:eusa_whistle::(:(:eusa_hand:

We agree!

It is a good time to invest in the future.

Rubbish. We spend a ridiculous amount of money on education. Throwing more money at the problem is silly. Take a hatchet to spending, cut taxes and let people keep more of their money. And don't get into another frickin' war. Get the government out of our lives. Government is the problem not the solution.

"Rubbish?" See? You aren't even using proper American English! ;)

Seriuosly, we've been cutting education dollars regularly since at least the late eighties/early nineties which is when I started paying attention.

Forum List

Back