GALLUP: Romney edges Obama

When the "anybody else" is no better, then what kind of choice is that?

Simply voting against someone or something means that whatever takes its place might be just as bad. You'll never know though, since all you care about is being against that other thing.

Yeah, I can hardly wait for four more years of this

Mooch1-500x339.jpg

What the hell does that matter? Michelle's not running for the presidency.

I completely agree.

The Republican House under Boehner and Cantor have already declared Romney immaterial. They have declared they, the House, will be in charge of the new government, not Romney.

Let them try. We will see what happens.

precisely what he's running off of now:

1) Getting people back to work

Not going to happen if he passes a lot more free-trade agreements like he said he would. And he will almost undoubtedly keep the tax policies that favor outsourcing. Simply cutting some taxes isn't going to create much needed jobs.

2) Energy independence

LOL!!! Every president for over 70 years has been saying this. If you believe Romney then I have some beach front property in North Dakota to sell you.

3) Cutting spending by eliminating programs or sending them back to the states.

Won't happen. Romney is a big government guy.

However, even if he was serious, it will never get past the house and the senate. The plan would be DOA.

And even if he could get those agencies cut, the reduction in spending might just be enough to cover all of the tax breaks he wants, but wouldn't do anything to help the debt.

Seems to be a good campaign focus.

Only with a certain level of willful disbelief.

I am new here and you guys don't know me, so let me qualify this statement before I put it out there.

I believe Barack Obama is the worst president in my lifetime (I am 40), with that said, I cannot and will not vote for Romney, not that it matters anyway because Kalifornia's electoral votes will all go to Obama regardless of how I vote.

I am active in local politics and have been active with the GOP for about 12 years now. I warned them about McCain and backing him, I thought he was a bad candidate to run against Obama, even then I am shocked that he lost as badly as he did... I warned them again regarding Romney and told local and state level GOP personnel that I simply would not vote for him, that I'd rather vote for Obama than him. Even went so far as to say if Romney were elected I'd vote for Obama and take a photo with my phone for proof... I have been threatened with physical violence over that one by a few of my friends..

So where does this leave me? Where does this leave others like me? Obama is easily the most radical far left president I can recall, there are only a couple I would rate worse than him... I want to see him defeated but with a candidate like Romney that really doesn't offer a lot to differentiate himself from Obama what do we do?

This is my first post here and I know I am really stepping in it.. Don't be gentle, tell me what you think.

April 16 4PM

President Barack Obama holds a 9-point lead over Republican challenger Mitt Romney, according to a CNN/ORC International poll released Monday, thanks in part to the perception that the president is more likeable and more in touch with the problems facing women and middle-class Americans.

The poll indicates a pronounced gender gap that benefits Obama, who holds a 16-point advantage over his challenger among women and a 3-point advantage among men.

The poll also found that 7 in 10 Americans favor Obama's proposed change to the federal income tax rate for people who make more than $1 million a year -- the so-called Buffett Rule. The proposal is particularly popular among Democrats and independents, but a small majority of Republicans also supported it.

The Senate is expected to take a procedural vote later Monday on the Buffett Rule, which is expected to fall short of the 60 votes needed to move it to the Senate floor.

The poll was conducted Friday through Sunday, after former Sen. Rick Santorum suspended his bid for the GOP nomination.

The poll only goes to show just how dumb the average American is... 7 in 10 favor the millionaire tax? REALLY? I heard a guy on KSFO this morning saying "what's it matter? it's not going to affect you anyway, make them pay their fare share!"... I was floored at the stupidity of the statement. Give the government more money to misappropriate? Really? Why? What good is it going to do? The projected revenue of this tax increase over ten years is $47 billion.... When you consider our current spending level, can't say budget cause there ain't one, it doesn't even scratch the surface. It is 17 days of government operation over ten years. Big whoop... It WILL NOT DECREASE THE DEFICIT ONE BIT.

This is my first post here and I know I am really stepping in it.. Don't be gentle, tell me what you think.

The best advice I can offer is to be patient and hopeful. The GOP is in such disarray right now that 2012 is a crap shoot at best. There hasn't been a President this vulnerable (deservedly so or not, that's not the point) since Carter, and the GOP nominating process has been an absolute circus.

Kudos on your honesty, it's in short supply within political conversation. Cross your fingers and hope the party gets its act together for 2014 or 2016. While I'm not fond of either silly party, I think the country deserves two decent choices in a Presidential election. The GOP sure picked an odd time to self-destruct.

Romney is far different. He is socially liberal,but would run this country like a business.
you have no idea how bad what you are thinking of reelecting.
go to

I'll check that link out when I get home...

Believe me I want to see Obama lose and BADLY. I know how bad he is... But Romney is left of center on many issues. I do not support his philosophy and cannot vote for the man. I certainly will not be manning phone banks and attempting to get people to vote for Romney. I do not see him solving any of the real problems this nation faces. So why not let the democrats drink their poison?

I dunno.. I am really disappointed with how the GOP handled this grand opportunity to take the white house, take the senate and increase our position in congress.. They blew it if you ask me.

Obama has a huge lead in non swing state electoral votes

In swing states, Obama is leading in eight of eleven states

Romney is going to lose by the same margin as McCain

Romney is far different. He is socially liberal,but would run this country like a business.
you have no idea how bad what you are thinking of reelecting.
go to commieblasters.com

Oh NOOooooooo!

Don't tell me Obama is a Commie!

That would mean Americans prefer electing a commie to the best candidate the Republicans have to offer

I am new here and you guys don't know me, so let me qualify this statement before I put it out there.

I believe Barack Obama is the worst president in my lifetime (I am 40), with that said, I cannot and will not vote for Romney, not that it matters anyway because Kalifornia's electoral votes will all go to Obama regardless of how I vote.

I am active in local politics and have been active with the GOP for about 12 years now. I warned them about McCain and backing him, I thought he was a bad candidate to run against Obama, even then I am shocked that he lost as badly as he did... I warned them again regarding Romney and told local and state level GOP personnel that I simply would not vote for him, that I'd rather vote for Obama than him. Even went so far as to say if Romney were elected I'd vote for Obama and take a photo with my phone for proof... I have been threatened with physical violence over that one by a few of my friends..

So where does this leave me? Where does this leave others like me? Obama is easily the most radical far left president I can recall, there are only a couple I would rate worse than him... I want to see him defeated but with a candidate like Romney that really doesn't offer a lot to differentiate himself from Obama what do we do?

I believe you are sorely misled by the Pub Propaganda machine, not knowing certain things (see my signatue pp1) and believing a bunch of propaganda (see sig pp 3)....hoping for your recovery, and sorry about what Pub policy on illegal work (no good work/SS ID) has done to your great state.

Last edited:

I believe you are sorely misled by the Pub Propaganda machine, not knowing certain things (see my signatue pp3) and believing a bunch of propaganda (see sig pp 3)....hoping for your recovery, and sorry about what Pub policy on illegal work (no good work/SS ID) has done to your great state.

You seem to be under the impression that I am a straight party line Republican.. LOL.. Read my introduction post, I think you will see I am far from it.

I want to move the Republican party in my direction. I get involved and attempt to make a difference. I don't know if I will ever be effective at it, but I can't complain if I do not make an effort.

The Democrat party had control of the federal government for 54 years. Look where it got us. Look at cities that are largely democrat / union controlled. Look at their financial condition. Look at their social condition. Look where it got them.

You cannot convince me that the DNC is on the right path. I say it has gone too far off the deep end and it has been dragging the GOP too far to the left as they make concessions to the liberals to look "compassionate"...

FYI -

My top three worst presidents of my lifetime are:

1) Barack Obama
2) Jimmy Carter
3) George W. Bush

Do you think I am a hardline GOP cheerleader now?

The best advice I can offer is to be patient and hopeful. The GOP is in such disarray right now that 2012 is a crap shoot at best. There hasn't been a President this vulnerable (deservedly so or not, that's not the point) since Carter, and the GOP nominating process has been an absolute circus.

Kudos on your honesty, it's in short supply within political conversation. Cross your fingers and hope the party gets its act together for 2014 or 2016. While I'm not fond of either silly party, I think the country deserves two decent choices in a Presidential election. The GOP sure picked an odd time to self-destruct.

What did the GOP do wrong? Other than say what they think out loud. But I agree, they would have been smart to not push all their radical ideas on us until after they beat Obama. Then who would have stopped them? Citizens United, Birth control, unions, social security, the post office, collective bargaining, etc. They should have waited until 2013 to attack all these things. Not a year before the election.

In a detailed analysis of the electoral playing field, President Obama retains major advantages over Mitt Romney when it comes to winning the 270 votes he needs for a second term. Not only does Obama have more paths to 270 than Romney, but he has considerable leeway.

Let’s start with the states that are genuinely a tossup. Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Indiana, Missouri, Pennsylvania and New Mexico.

A detailed look at these states reveals Obama’s strength when it comes to the electoral map.

There’s no doubt that the 2012 playing field will be narrower than the one Obama dominated in 2008. But the president still retains far more flexibility than Romney in building a map that adds up to 270 electoral votes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-changed-map/2012/04/15/gIQArLWCKT_story.html

I just want to remind everyone that exactly four years ago USMB Republicans were swearing that war hero McCain was going to beat the Kenyan Muslim and let me remind you all that...

Four years ago, Sen. Barack Obama (Ill.) swept to an eye-popping 365-electoral-vote victory — and a nearly 10 million popular-vote edge — with wins in places where a Democrat hadn’t won a presidential race in decades

Rasmussen polls were way off back then and probably so now. They don't know what the turnout is going to be. As Trump would say, "its going to be huge"

Dude. she is fugly.

And????

I must have missed when running for the office of the President turned into a beauty contest between their wives.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

True fact, but don't try to tell me how hot she is. Don't try to tell me how 'chic' she is (look it up). Don't try to tell me how smart she is.

Don't blow smoke up my ass and tell me she's one of the hottest women on the face of the earth when the woman is so ugly, her parents had to tie a pork chop to her neck to get the dog to play with her.

But the left lies. Dogs bark, ducks quack, cats meow, pigs oink, babies cry and liberals lie.

It's what they do. it's all they do. All the time. Even about the tiniest, least important little things.

You really should read Orwell. Maybe there's a dumbed-down version for dimocraps somewhere. But you should read it

Damn, you are really, reeaally stupid :lol:

Forum List

Back