Gallup right track/ wrong track at historic low

SniperFire

Feb 28, 2012
Inside Your Head
'People in politics talk about the right track/wrong track numbers as an indicator of public mood. This week Gallup had a poll showing only 24% of Americans feel we're on the right track as a nation. That's a historic low. Political professionals tend, understandably, to think it's all about the economy—unemployment, foreclosures, we're going in the wrong direction. I've long thought that public dissatisfaction is about more than the economy, that it's also about our culture, or rather the flat, brute, highly sexualized thing we call our culture.

Now I'd go a step beyond that. I think more and more people are worried about the American character—who we are and what kind of adults we are raising.

Every story that has broken through the past few weeks has been about who we are as a people. And they are all disturbing.'

Who is the HMFIC of this trainwreck?

Good gawd.

America's Crisis of Character - WSJ.com

those 24% must be living off of "Obama Bucks" and could care less for the rest of the country. Thats pretty much the Liberal Way,,,,the hell with America, so long as I a lot of money/homes and dont have to work for it.

There is a good precentage of Americans who think the country is headed in the wrong direction.

That doesn't bode well for Barry come Nov either.

Question for our 'Independents.'

It is a forgone conclusion that Obama cannot bring us together as a people. That is the biggest reason to retire him.

But do you see ANY chance in hell Obama will even TRY to unite the Nation?

If not, do you find that at all forgivable?

His record sucks and most of America hates Obamacare so he can only run on class warfare.

Class warfare is a long way from a uniting strategy.

Isn't this the great fallacy of the liberal democratic effort to centralize our government and essentially do away with the states (and great many of our liberties) ?

What if the poll were about your state ?

What if it were about your county or city ?

I think people might feel differently. We live in neighborhoods and communities. I know about my city. I know several folks on the City Council. I see the effects of their actions. My county is little more nebulous and my state is even bigger.

When it comes to the USA, all I hear or read about comes from biased news sources. News sources who make more money when people are engaged. And they get more engaged when they are pissed.

Am I thinking about this wrong ?

If we try to do everything together, we violate the idea of government within government. One nation of 310,000,000 does not have 310,000,000 people who all think, feel, and want the same things.

That doesn't bode well for Barry come Nov either.

So many freakin' polls. I think on balance you're right. I have little doubt, though, that a pretty healthy percentage of us think that BOTH parties are driving us off cliff.

Here is a question that I don't see in the numbers: Would an improving economy, a relatively short term issue, change your mind, or are you satisfied or dissatisfied with the overall, long term direction of the country?

But yep, Obama has to be watching this number.

I wish every small buisness would run ads from now till november "We Will Begin Hiring When Romney Is President". or "We Will Begin Hiring When President Castro Obama Loses The Election"

In polling, businesses have said the same, virtually:

Jan. 22 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. investors overwhelmingly see President Barack Obama as anti-business and question his ability to manage a financial crisis, according to a Bloomberg survey.

The global quarterly poll of investors and analysts who are Bloomberg subscribers finds that 77 percent of U.S. respondents believe Obama is too anti-business and four-out-of-five are only somewhat confident or not confident of his ability to handle a financial emergency.

The poll also finds a decline in Obama’s overall favorability rating one year after taking office. He is viewed favorably by 27 percent of U.S. investors. In an October poll, 32 percent in the U.S. held a positive impression.

“Investors no longer feel they can trust their instincts to take risks,” said poll respondent David Young, a managing director for a broker dealer in New York.'

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchi ve&sid=a8UiI1bCRdmY

So the answer for all of this is Romney a guy who is basically the same as Pres Obama minus skin color is going to save us all :lol::lol:

Last edited:
So the answer for all of this is Romney a guy who is basically the same as Pres Obama minus skin color is going to save us all :lol::lol:

See, with Romney you get a guy who has been governor, director of Olympic games, and a wildly successful entrepreneur.

He has actually run things in the real world.

Obama never ran so much as a hotdog stand before being given the most important job in the world, and it shows.

Forum List

Back