Gallup Poll Shows Unemployment Down To 7.3%

No surprise I said months ago obama's labor department would have the unemployment numbers down below 8% as we neared election time.

If the numbers are right, it's probaly because romney is ahead of obama in some polls, and employers are hiring because the failure we have in office is fixin to be voted out.

No surprise I said months ago obama's labor department would have the unemployment numbers down below 8% as we neared election time.

You had a 50/50 chance. You were correct that it is under 8% BUT....that does NOT mean you're right about how or why and you have no evidence to support your claim of manipulation.

You had a 50/50 chance. You were correct that it is under 8% BUT....that does NOT mean you're right about how or why and you have no evidence to support your claim of manipulation.

Unemployment true number will be shown in December and January after the election.

I guarantee that if Romney wins all of a sudden unemployment will be 10%, the number of dead soldiers will start being reported again, and Romney will be taken down by the media for every move he makes.

Gallup Poll Shows Unemployment Down To 7.3% :eusa_clap:

Gallup’s 30 day moving average poll finds unemployment has dropped to 7.3%. This obviously correlates to the recent BLS numbers that had the right wing in a frenzy of conspiracy talk. Also correlating to the improving BLS numbers are the facts that recent jobless claims numbers are dropping dramatically and today’s consumer confidence number hit a 5 year pre recession high.

So, all this new information should put the conservative conspiracy theorists to rest and they can take off the tin foil hat. This isn’t a conspiracy to re-elect President Obama; rather, it is a mandate that he should be re-elected considering the economic indicators. He has handled the economy well and has continued to be a steady hand at the wheel of history.

Will the news media pick up stories like this? No, of course not. If the American people knew this information readily, the race would be blown wide open by President Obama and nobody would tune into their stations.
LINK

I have a rule when I go to blogs, if I have to scroll down before I can see any content the blog isn't worth reading.

So I went to Gallup to see what the poll actually says, and discovered something interesting. Despite the drop in unemployment to 7.3% the ratio of payroll to population has remained steady at slightly over 45%. That tells me that over half of the people surveyed are not getting a paycheck, even though less than 9% of them are unemployed.

Gallup Daily: U.S. Employment

Since I have never actually looked at Gallops methodology for the poll this is going to take some time to understand.
U.S. Payroll to Population Rate at 45.1% in September

P2P is calculated based on the total population, not just those in the workforce. Unlike traditional employment metrics, which are reported as a percentage of the workforce, Payroll to Population accounts for people moving in and out of the workforce, which is a better barometer of the economic energy of the country. P2P will decline if people become unemployed or leave the workforce entirely and will improve as people find full-time work or re-enter the workforce to work full time. This stands in contrast to unemployment rates, which actually can artificially improve as people drop out of the workforce.

P2P experiences seasonal fluctuations, as do other employment rates. Based on Gallup's previous two years of data, a dip from August to September is to be expected. In September 2010, P2P dropped to 43.3% from 44.2%, almost a full percentage-point change. In 2011, it declined to 43.8% in September from 44.0% in August, a 0.2-percentage-point change. Given the data from the previous two years, the 0.2-point decline this September is to be expected and is not necessarily a sign of trouble in the workforce.

LINK

I have a rule when I go to blogs, if I have to scroll down before I can see any content the blog isn't worth reading.

So I went to Gallup to see what the poll actually says, and discovered something interesting. Despite the drop in unemployment to 7.3% the ratio of payroll to population has remained steady at slightly over 45%. That tells me that over half of the people surveyed are not getting a paycheck, even though less than 9% of them are unemployed.

Since I have never actually looked at Gallops methodology for the poll this is going to take some time to understand.

P2P is calculated based on the total population, not just those in the workforce. Unlike traditional employment metrics, which are reported as a percentage of the workforce, Payroll to Population accounts for people moving in and out of the workforce, which is a better barometer of the economic energy of the country. P2P will decline if people become unemployed or leave the workforce entirely and will improve as people find full-time work or re-enter the workforce to work full time. This stands in contrast to unemployment rates, which actually can artificially improve as people drop out of the workforce.

P2P experiences seasonal fluctuations, as do other employment rates. Based on Gallup's previous two years of data, a dip from August to September is to be expected. In September 2010, P2P dropped to 43.3% from 44.2%, almost a full percentage-point change. In 2011, it declined to 43.8% in September from 44.0% in August, a 0.2-percentage-point change. Given the data from the previous two years, the 0.2-point decline this September is to be expected and is not necessarily a sign of trouble in the workforce.

How about that, me saying that P2P remained relatively steady actually proves I had a semi solid grasp on something I never looked at before.

Gallup’s 30 day moving average poll finds unemployment has dropped to 7.3%. This obviously correlates to the recent BLS numbers that had the right wing in a frenzy of conspiracy talk. Also correlating to the improving BLS numbers are the facts that recent jobless claims numbers are dropping dramatically and today’s consumer confidence number hit a 5 year pre recession high.

So, all this new information should put the conservative conspiracy theorists to rest and they can take off the tin foil hat. This isn’t a conspiracy to re-elect President Obama; rather, it is a mandate that he should be re-elected considering the economic indicators. He has handled the economy well and has continued to be a steady hand at the wheel of history.

Will the news media pick up stories like this? No, of course not. If the American people knew this information readily, the race would be blown wide open by President Obama and nobody would tune into their stations.

LINK

Was California included in this? at all.

It would have more meaning to everyone if this was done on the up and up.

How about that, me saying that P2P remained relatively steady actually proves I had a semi solid grasp on something I never looked at before.
It's UP over last year and the year before.

LINK

Was California included in this? at all.

It would have more meaning to everyone if this was done on the up and up.
Yes.

Gallup does the survey, not the states.

Oh look at the little trolls digging up old threads. How boring must your life be to have the time to sit around digging through archived threads?

If the numbers are right, it's probaly because romney is ahead of obama in some polls, and employers are hiring because the failure we have in office is fixin to be voted out.

What you say now? lol
Record number of people on welfare. Thanks to Obama and his supporters.

Another lie from the right.

Nevertheless, Obama no longer qualifies for the title of “Food Stamp President” that Republican Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House, tried to hang on him during the 2012 presidential campaign. As we noted at the time, 14.7 million people were added to the food-stamp rolls during George W. Bush’s time in office. By comparison, the net gain under Obama now stands at 13.7 million — and it’s declining as the economy improves.

Obama’s Numbers (July 2015 Update)

What you say now? lol

Nevertheless, Obama no longer qualifies for the title of “Food Stamp President” that Republican Newt Gingrich, the former speaker of the House, tried to hang on him during the 2012 presidential campaign. As we noted at the time, 14.7 million people were added to the food-stamp rolls during George W. Bush’s time in office. By comparison, the net gain under Obama now stands at 13.7 million — and it’s declining as the economy improves.

Must suck having to swallow Obama's lies on a daily basis.

What you say now? lol

Must suck having to swallow Obama's lies on a daily basis.

It must suck not being able to read. :)

Forum List

Back