GALLUP: Police are 3rd highest in American "Confidence in Institution"; Sorry OWS.

:clap2::clap2:
SORRY OWS'ers, your recent outburst of cop-hate is NOT commonly held by the general public, or the 99% you supposedly represent. A Gallup poll last year shows that Police are 3rd highest in confidence from American people:

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police
#4- Religious institutions

Police had about a 60% strong approval rating. And since 20% of Americans identify themselves as liberals, and thus automatic cop haters, that leaves 20% the police have in the gap to win over. Not bad. 3rd best among all careers.

Congress Ranks Last in Confidence in Institutions

Sorry OWS'ers, your sophomoric cop hate is tired, played out and NOT shared by the general public. Losers.

Fuck the police.

You can't hate all the police because of the actions of a few bad apples. I have friends who are police and they are very, very good people.

It's like hating the military because Republicans lied them into Iraq. It's not the fault of the military. They have done they best they could with the old and rusty equipment the Republicans left them with.

Both the military and the police are good people. Like I said, just a few bad apples.

:clap2:

Rdean, thanks for that. We disagree on about everything, but I respect you for that post. Honesly, no sarcasm. Im a former police officer, and the bad apples make the whole look so bad. Hard to turn that tide of perception.

This thread should have been directed at the conservatives who want to take away the collective bargaining rights of the police,

pay them less, and take away their job security and benefits and workplace safety protections etc., etc., etc.

Those people are the true enemies of law enforcement.

Public sector unions are THE reason bad cops are so hard to fire. I guarantee the UC Davis cop wont get fired because he's union. Non-union cops have so much less margin for error, rightfully so, and it makes them better cops.

SORRY OWS'ers, your recent outburst of cop-hate is NOT commonly held by the general public, or the 99% you supposedly represent. A Gallup poll last year shows that Police are 3rd highest in confidence from American people:

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police

Police had about a 60% strong approval rating. And since 20% of Americans identify themselves as liberals, and thus automatic cop haters, that leaves 20% the police have in the gap to win over. Not bad. 3rd best among all careers.

Sorry OWS'ers, your sophomoric cop hate is tired, played out and NOT shared by the general public. Losers.

Fuck the police.

You can't hate all the police because of the actions of a few bad apples. I have friends who are police and they are very, very good people.

It's like hating the military because Republicans lied them into Iraq. It's not the fault of the military. They have done they best they could with the old and rusty equipment the Republicans left them with.

Both the military and the police are good people. Like I said, just a few bad apples.

Just as they don't distinguish between good or bad black males, I don't distinguish between good or bad police. I saw far too many law-abiding black military men harassed by the police during my 20 years in the military.

As I said, fuck the police

Fuck the police.

Just as they don't distinguish between good or bad black males, I don't distinguish between good or bad police. I saw far too many law-abiding black military men harassed by the police during my 20 years in the military.

If you blanketly assume all cops are bad, you committed the same profiling as if a cop said all black males were bad.
You're a moron.

If you blanketly assume all cops are bad, you committed the same profiling as if a cop said all black males were bad.
You're a moron.

I never said all cops were bad, some may be good. It's just not worth my time nor effort to sort through the pile.

Fuck the police.

The German People had a lot of confidence in the Gestapo Institution too. This poll only shows how brainwashed Americans have become. All in such a rush to bow and lick Gestapo boots. We've become everything our Founding Fathers fought against. This cheerleading for authoritarian rule really does make me sick. Remember,the Police work for us. They are civil servants. They are not Gods to be worshipped or feared. They should only be respected as equals. I don't know what happened to Americans. So many have lost their independent spirit.

You may think the pot isn't damaging you, but it obviously is. Get a grip.

This thread should have been directed at the conservatives who want to take away the collective bargaining rights of the police,

pay them less, and take away their job security and benefits and workplace safety protections etc., etc., etc.

Those people are the true enemies of law enforcement.
Here's one of those cop-hating conservatives:

kill_cops.jpg

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police

Great. So I guess cops can just do whatever they want now. Wait, they already could.

As many here have said to you many times, FUCK YOU.

Fuck the police. They've never done anything to help me, so fuck em.

Places where you may be jailed or killed for saying "Fuck the police" publicly:

Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Burma, Venezuela, Iran, Russia..........

And here you're just mocked on a message board and can say it freely.

Yep. The military and police have done nothing for you have they.

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police

Great. So I guess cops can just do whatever they want now. Wait, they already could.

Um...no, thats why you see cops get arrested and fired sometimes, and why the US Dept of Justice has "Misconduct in Office" charges that cops are sometimes arrested for. YOu dont hear much about it though........because most cops never do shit to end up there.

And all the poll means is that while cops cant do anything they want, what they are doing is stuff that most Americans want them to do.

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police

How is this relevent to OWS, it was from July. Besides, the title of the article was "Congress Ranks Last in Confidence in Institutions". That makes more of a point than was your intent.

:eusa_eh:

As many here have said to you many times, FUCK YOU.

Fuck the police. They've never done anything to help me, so fuck em.

Places where you may be jailed or killed for saying "Fuck the police" publicly:

Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Burma, Venezuela, Iran, Russia..........

And here you're just mocked on a message board and can say it freely.

Yep. The military and police have done nothing for you have they.

Hey Buc-O...Cuba, USSR, China, North Korea, Burma, Venezuela, Iran, Russia???

America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE! America is NUMBER ONE!

Conservatives built the BIGGEST Nanny State in the history of the world...

britannica_prison-523x360.jpg

US_incarceration_timeline.gif
Incarceration_rates_worldwide.gif

Forum List

Back