GALLUP: Police are 3rd highest in American "Confidence in Institution"; Sorry OWS.

10811cops.jpg

Usually it's the former schoolyard bullies turned roid using cops that make the rest look bad. Most cops are as reasonable as they are allowed to be but a few of them are truly dangerous people and should not be allowed anywhere near a badge.

Usually it's the former schoolyard bullies turned roid using cops that make the rest look bad. Most cops are as reasonable as they are allowed to be but a few of them are truly dangerous people and should not be allowed anywhere near a badge.

That is so true (two relatives that are stae troopers). I hear it all the time how the few bad apples are ruining it. The bad cops make the job so much harder on the ones that do a great job.

That being said, my reply is...why don't the good cops run the bad cops off the force? The good cops know who the bad ones are, or so I've been told. If the good ones don't do anything to stop the bad ones does that make the good one accomplices? Aren't accomplices just as guilty as the ones who commit the crimes? It is when it is the public. Is the "Blue wall" just a myth? and if it isn't doesn't that make the police force a little like the mob? Who polices the police? and just how motivated are they to do so?

This thread should have been directed at the conservatives who want to take away the collective bargaining rights of the police,

pay them less, and take away their job security and benefits and workplace safety protections etc., etc., etc.

Those people are the true enemies of law enforcement.

Why do democrats fear we the people?

SORRY OWS'ers, your recent outburst of cop-hate is NOT commonly held by the general public, or the 99% you supposedly represent. A Gallup poll last year shows that Police are 3rd highest in confidence from American people:

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police
#4- Religious institutions

Police had about a 60% strong approval rating. And since 20% of Americans identify themselves as liberals, and thus automatic cop haters, that leaves 20% the police have in the gap to win over. Not bad. 3rd best among all careers.

Congress Ranks Last in Confidence in Institutions

Sorry OWS'ers, your sophomoric cop hate is tired, played out and NOT shared by the general public. Losers.

Out of 150 dogs polled 99% rank dogs as the top pet. 1% rank fish, and cats recieved no votes at all.

See this just proves that dogs are better pets, and cats should be put to death. Dogs stated that cats are unamerican and should be sent packing.

This thread should have been directed at the conservatives who want to take away the collective bargaining rights of the police,

pay them less, and take away their job security and benefits and workplace safety protections etc., etc., etc.

Indeed. The last battle to ensure that the police get the benefits they deserve and earned just resulted in a major victory for the boys in blue and it doesn't seem to have been the rightwing fighting for the police officers.

SORRY OWS'ers, your recent outburst of cop-hate is NOT commonly held by the general public, or the 99% you supposedly represent. A Gallup poll last year shows that Police are 3rd highest in confidence from American people:

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police

Police had about a 60% strong approval rating. And since 20% of Americans identify themselves as liberals, and thus automatic cop haters, that leaves 20% the police have in the gap to win over. Not bad. 3rd best among all careers.

Sorry OWS'ers, your sophomoric cop hate is tired, played out and NOT shared by the general public. Losers.

You are aware you're siding with GOVERNMENT Buc-O?

where have cops had pay cuts ?

what is and how do you take away cops "job security" ? reduce crime ?

how do you reduce police "work place" safety ? prevent them from using non-lethal methods like pepper spray on arrest resistors ?

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police

Out of 150 dogs polled 99% rank dogs as the top pet. 1% rank fish, and cats recieved no votes at all.

See this just proves that dogs are better pets, and cats should be put to death. Dogs stated that cats are unamerican and should be sent packing.

Just the kind of post I would expect from a pussy like you.

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police

Fuck the police.

It seems many/most on the left only care about cops when screaming about needing more spending, they need one, and when the union dues are due.

While the right wants to take away the bargaining rights of those they don't want to fire. Odd that.

#1- Military
#2- Small Businesses
#3- Police

Fuck the police.

You can't hate all the police because of the actions of a few bad apples. I have friends who are police and they are very, very good people.

It's like hating the military because Republicans lied them into Iraq. It's not the fault of the military. They have done they best they could with the old and rusty equipment the Republicans left them with.

Both the military and the police are good people. Like I said, just a few bad apples.

GALLUP: Police are 3rd highest in American "Confidence in Institution"; Sorry OWS.

Why would anyone with OWS be ‘sorry’?

Their issue is with corporate interests and the government which places corporate interests over that of the people, not the police officers who are only doing their job in good faith at the behest of their corporate/government masters; indeed, police officers are as much victims of corporate greed and corrupt government as anyone else.

Millions of Americans love and trust The View & moronic Reality TV too. Nothing surprises me anymore in Dumbed-Down America. Years & years of State-Run propaganda have turned them into authority worshippping zombies. So this poll doesn't surprise me. It does make me sad though.

Last edited:
Our Police have unfortunately become paramilitary-trained goons. They need to be re-trained.

Millions of Americans love and trust The View & moronic Reality TV too. Nothing surprises me anymore in Dumbed-Down America. Years & years of State-Run propaganda have turned them into authority worshippping zombies. So this poll doesn't surprise me. It does make me sad though.

And you fail to recgonize that YOU are the moron, headcase.

The German People had a lot of confidence in the Gestapo Institution too. This poll only shows how brainwashed Americans have become. All in such a rush to bow and lick Gestapo boots. We've become everything our Founding Fathers fought against. This cheerleading for authoritarian rule really does make me sick. Remember,the Police work for us. They are civil servants. They are not Gods to be worshipped or feared. They should only be respected as equals. I don't know what happened to Americans. So many have lost their independent spirit.

Last edited:
i thought conservatives didnt believe in polls?

and main street america? who the hell is that? i havent been polled......around here police are corrupt as hell.....lets just say the high sheriff lives well on his 32 k salary.....i couldnt afford new cars and boats and fancy vacations on that....but he does....

The SHERIFF makes 32K? Or do his deputies? Most sherriffs or chiefs earn over 60, even small places. And cops make a lot of overtime pay. If the head honcho make only 32, after I assume at least ten years on the job, what do the line level make, 20K? You must live in the lowest paid law enforcement jurisdiction in America.

Forum List

Back